3 WR locks to make the 53 .

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Brandon Marshall's age has to be considered. If you have to worry about getting him through an entire season healthy that might push younger guys, like Darboh, up the chart.

I think BM will have to show up as a redzone target throughout the preseason to make the team. That's the role he was brought in for, but if guys like Darboh can show up there I hope Seattle looks more long term and goes young.

chet380

Reaction score
Inside the 20, Jimmy G always got thr first look and so will Brandon Marshall -- those 10 RZ TDs will happen again.

nsport

Reaction score
I honestly think Lockett should be looking over his shoulder. He's been unimpressive on returns - partially due to injury no doubt - but certainly the speed and quickness, ability to beat guys and make a grab hasn't been there. A pro-bowl resume as a returner does not guarantee a spot - I'd like to see him be an effective option in the pass game to solidify one of the top 5 spots.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Marshall is back and gets reps he is a lock, we have nobody with his size and talent, size we have McEvoy but not close in receiving talent. Schottty likes a versatile group and Marshall will be the big target lock.

I also think with the new Kick off rules DB's and WR's become more valuable there so instead of LB's as what for lack of a better term that were used as wedge busters we keep more fast guys to get to the attack point faster.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Every year we are convinced we are deep at WR.

Remember when we got that WR from Phoenix and he was catching long sideline passes all through the preseason?

What about the big debate between cutting 2 former Husky WRs that both looked good enough to play and neither made the team?

We seem to be thick with WRs throughout each season start and then stuck with not enough WRs when playing in the regular season.

That said, If anyone should be looking over their shoulder it should be McEvoy. At least Lockett doesn't drop the passes that hit him in the hands.

I think a lot of the problems we had with WRs were the result of our OC, but I do wish we had somehow lucked into Pettis. I think he is going to be a poor man's Golden Tate. If not better.

Well fingers crossed this year will be different. We deserve a good offense after some of the offenses we have endured.

naholmes

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1m6yf9hl said:
Brandon Marshall's age has to be considered. If you have to worry about getting him through an entire season healthy that might push younger guys, like Darboh, up the chart.

I think BM will have to show up as a redzone target throughout the preseason to make the team. That's the role he was brought in for, but if guys like Darboh can show up there I hope Seattle looks more long term and goes young.
I agree with everything you said. Marshall started slow last season and started to get going only to suffer a season ending injury. Now he’s another year older so how much can we expect out of him? It would be ideal if one of the young guys can step into that redzone role.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
What most people forget is that the WR competition will be decided by special-teams ability. You need gunners, good tacklers, and perhaps return potential on special teams in order to make the roster. Every time a WR doesn't make it, you can usually trace it back to special-teams apathy.

Recon_Hawk":2cyzhmqu said:
Brandon Marshall's age has to be considered.

So does our need for a big red-zone target. Pete's going to want someone who can get us lots of cheap points in those scenarios, and other than Baldwin, the only proven red-zone tool is probably Marshall.

Schadie001

Reaction score
After the mock game and listening to Pete’s presser I’d say there are 4 locks and everyone else is playing for probably 2 spots. Baldwin, Lockette, Marshal and Brown are making this team. Marshal has been a scoring machine in camp with very limited time and touches. Pete has been raving about he and Brown. Of course practice is different than games, however these two are winning their spots thus far.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Reynolds caught ANOTHER TD from Russell during the mock game, while Darboh sat out with an unspecified injury.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":fcxp7z54 said:
Reynolds caught ANOTHER TD from Russell during the mock game, while Darboh sat out with an unspecified injury.

The battle is on not sure where another 5'11 180 WR fits when we have Baldwin and Lockett already but if he rises above the rest I guess it doesn't matter. We still need to see it in games though.

GLio14

Reaction score
Truthfully, I don't think we've had this much competition in more than one position. It's pretty amazing.

Fade

Reaction score
Just for Red Zone threat alone Marshall has to make it. He offers much more than that of course, but they will need that JG type target down in tight.

Baldwin
Lockett
Marshall
Brown

-----------

After that they really love David Moore. So that makes 5.

The final spot will be decided by special teams. The top performer gets the spot.

I will guess Keenan Reynolds, but it is wide open as of now.