Thanks Jville, much appreciated!!!

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Abram was the 27th pick in the 2019 draft selected by the Raiders. He's had a bad injury history and may have continuing shoulder problems. He's still well regarded by the league and yet has been moved out now by two teams. He could be a rover style box SS though. Here's a WIKI on him.

To me he’s a interesting addition.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Seems to me that the Seahawks remain interested in a big nickle personnel group. Although because of 2022 injuries at safety, that third big safety with linebacker ability is currently more typically part of the Seahawks dime package. My guess is that he is being looked at now to reinforce the safety position group and as a possible future backup candidate /competitor should Jamar Adam's recovery run into difficulties.

Comments by nfl.com on Johnathan Abram at time of 2019 draft follow ......

Blunt force-striker with the measurables and play demeanor teams look for from a down safety with nickel linebacker qualities. Abrams did an admirable job in coverage in Mississippi State's scheme but might not have the anticipation and ball skills to hold up in extended coverage duties. Abrams shines as a physical run defender with pursuit speed and energy to play sideline to sideline. He grades out as one of the better options for teams looking to deploy an effective "big nickel" defender near the box.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally!

I see this player as a potential Dime Backer. I like the fact that he's a thumper and that just maybe he can prevent some of these "wide open, nothing but green field in front of the opposing RB plays" the team has been giving up.

Perhaps this guy can be the roster replacement for Adams for the balance of the season.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
By rule both of WR-Laquon Treadwell, and ILB- Vi Jones revert to the PS.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sorry Jville, I guess as usual you scooped me and we were posting at almost the same time. You are clearly more talented at posting than me.

Thanks as ever!!!

I greatly appreciate your help here.

The collective input here allows this thread to be the most up to date team roster thread.

Jville

Reaction score
It's all a matter of timing. We are all busy with more pressing priorities. So, it is helpful to have multiple members posting as events unfold.

Appreciate your dedication. Without which this up to date thread would not be possible.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Completely agree.

I just posted b/c I only noticed your posts after I posted the same info you had with your posts and I didn’t want you to take any offence.

Without your contributions and those of all the many others who post here my job in keeping this thread up to date would be significantly more difficult.

As ever everyone’s contributions are greatly appreciated.

Jville

Reaction score
It was only a matter of time before Greg Bell delivered his go Army plug .....

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

Enjoyable read!!! I like Gregg Bell’s writing.

I’m happy to see this player back, he’s a high energy guy and a sure tackler at a position of team need. Rookie Vi Jones is also now out of eligibility to be brought up from the PS this year unless moved permanently to the 53 man roster so the depth at ILB is quietly improving as the team now has another available ILB with Rhattigan now activated (y)(y)

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville. Much appreciated!!!

I thought Rhattigan had been activated yesterday, no biggie as the team’s reporting is often slow, or lazy. perhaps I jumped the gun posting him on the 53.

Think Pete is quite interested in Treadwell who was an early pick, while Igebuikwe is a needed positional addiction. As the depth at RB is pretty thin.

Updated.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Rhattigan got the word that he was being activated and announced his excitement yesterday.

My understanding is that if the Seahawks summit their paper work to the league late (after 1:00PM eastern), it doesn't get recorded in New York until the next day. The Seahawks delay posting transactions amd announcements until after New York confirms receipt of of paper work.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’m sure that is true, but their posting of roster moves is often significantly delayed.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Both of WR- Treadwell and RB-Igebuikwe revert by rule to the PS.

Updated.

Last edited: