2019 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Numbers for the new players have been added, and UDFA signings clarified and corrected.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1125506087342370816[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With the many reports indicating the team has agreed to terms for 1 year ($13.5 million with $5.5 million guaranteed and $8 million in incentives) with DE- Ezekiel “Ziggy” Ansah and are flying him here to sign today I will add him to the roster bringing the total to 90 including Chancellor.

Ansah, when healthy, is an excellent pass rusher. The team physicians obviously have looked at him and would appear to have given a thumbs up to signing him. At this stage this is a potentially huge addition to the team.

While now seriously out of date here is a combine profile for Ansah:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zig ... id=2539931

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
With adding Ansah and Taylor the Seahawks will have to cut 1 player to get back to 90.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Some further signings have been announced by the team which will involve roster cuts to be accomplished, they are as reported by Bob Condotta on Twitter to be as follows:

Condotta

@bcondotta
17m17 minutes ago
More
Seahawks have officially announced the signing of Jamar Taylor as well as fullback Nick Bellore and guard Marcus Martin. Bellore another who visited as a free agent a month or so ago.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score

DJrmb

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1knab0fh said:
Here's draft combine profile for Taylor, good short area quickness and undoubtedly a departure somewhat from the team's prototype at CB in terms of being shorter armed than usual.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jam ... id=2539932

Not to be "that guy" but NCB has a different team prototype than outside CB. Both Marcus Burley (29 7/8" arms) and Justin Coleman (31 1/4" arms) had less length than they typically require for outside CB (32" arms). Taylor actually seems to fit those two's size and athleticism almost exactly.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":2cezgy7i said:
jammerhawk":2cezgy7i said:
Here's draft combine profile for Taylor, good short area quickness and undoubtedly a departure somewhat from the team's prototype at CB in terms of being shorter armed than usual.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jam ... id=2539932

Not to be "that guy" but NCB has a different team prototype than outside CB. Both Marcus Burley (29 7/8" arms) and Justin Coleman (31 1/4" arms) had less length than they typically require for outside CB (32" arms). Taylor actually seems to fit those two's size and athleticism almost exactly.

Totally, of course!

I get that, and was only observing the shorter arms, but our last NCB had closer to 32 inch arms. Taylor was highly regarded when drafted as being physical as a CB and has elite short area quickness, yet has bounced around some for whatever reason.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OTC.com is behind, and Doug and Kam being released should add about $9 million to this year and $20 mil next year.

We don't clearly know the numbers yet for Ansah, Taylor, Bellore, and Martin, but they would deducted from approximately $34.5 million. Rough eyeball guess about $22.5 million depending if the whole of Ansah's deal is expensed if so approx $20 million after the 4 are signed. It depends on the numbers for the other 3 signings.

Lots of room to do all sorts of other deals including re-upping Read and Wagner.

This will soon clarify.

EDIT: OTC.com has caught up, sort of at any rate, the deals for Martin, Bellore and Taylor, and Ansah are not yet part of their calculations. Their numbers are different from Spotrac.com

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting to observe that the cap relief this season from Baldwin and Chancellor is close to $9 million.

Orchard didn't even have a cup of coffee here.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has agreed to terms with DT- Al Woods a veteran DT. When Woods is signed the team will need to release a player to stay at 90. I will add him now to our roster here as I anticipate he’’ll be signed soon.

Source: Bob Condotta

Here is a very dated combine profile for Woods who's weight is now closer to 330 than shown in the combine profile:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/al-woods?id=496881

The competition for positions on the DLine will be quite intense this offseason. Pete loves these DTs with very long arms.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
18 DBs on the roster now I think that number will go down a bit. I count 15 DL with Woods being added so my guess one of the CBs gets dropped.

Latest posts