2016 Free Agents

farhat

Reaction score
Notable 2016 Free Agents

I will put some guys below and their 2015 cap hit.

Russell Okung $7.28 Million
Brandon Mebane $5.7 Million
Bruce Irvin $2.8 Million
Ricardo Lockette $685,000
Fred Jackson $900,000
Ahytaba Rubin $2.6 Million
Jermaine Kearse $2.35 Million
Tarvaris Jackson $1.5 Million
Jeremy Lane $691,000
Will Tukuafu $665,000
DeShawn Shead $625,000
Alvin Bailey $587,000
Patrick Lewis $585,000
Christine Michael $103,125

I think it is time to say goodbye to Russell Okung. He's hurt all the time. And, he's always making mental mistakes. Alvin Bailey filled in just fine. And, he costs us way less money.

Mebane is 31 years old. He got his ass kicked yesterday. And, he will not take less then what he is currently making.

Bruce will likely not be re-signed. He didn't get enough sacks. Too bad that this happened after we drafted him with our #1!

I know Cable likes Sweezy, but how many times have we seen him blow it this season? I bet they keep him, but if I were the GM, I would say goodbye.

I know the team loves Ricardo Lockette, but I wonder if they really need him anymore. Either way, small cap hit.

Fred Jackson is getting old. He is slow.

The rest of the guys: Rubin, Kearse, Tarvaris, Tukuafu, Shead, Bailey, Lewis, and Michael we need to re-sign. Hopefully, Jeremy Lane doesn't command too much on the market and wants to stick with us. We cannot afford to keep losing depth in our secondary. In 2013 Browner, Maxwell, Thurmond, Sherman, and Lane were all on our roster as cornerbacks. Now it is Lane, Shead, Sherman, Burley, and Smith. Not the same depth.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
After listening to Pete's Post Season interview today, he made it clear that their will be major changes this off-season. While he refused to be "pinned down" when specific names were mentioned, I think that we may not recognize the players on the O-line opening day in September.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
In no particular order, I think the hawks should keep

P-lew
Rubin
Kearse
CMike
Shead
Tuk
Lane

I really, really like Bane, and would love to see him eventually retire as a Seahawk, but I think he'll be out of their price range. And, if they keep Rubin, they might want someone with a little more pass rush ability (Hill, rookie) to man the other DT position.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":209nmqv2 said:
In no particular order, I think the hawks should keep

P-lew
Rubin
Kearse
CMike
Shead
Tuk
Lane

I really, really like Bane, and would love to see him eventually retire as a Seahawk, but I think he'll be out of their price range. And, if they keep Rubin, they might want someone with a little more pass rush ability (Hill, rookie) to man the other DT position.
I totally agree with this. If Mebane is gone I think that they need to get a pass rush DT in their first 2 picks.
Bigpumpkin":209nmqv2 said:
After listening to Pete's Post Season interview today, he made it clear that their will be major changes this off-season. While he refused to be "pinned down" when specific names were mentioned, I think that we may not recognize the players on the O-line opening day in September.

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2vtha9sa said:

I may have misheard but I recall Pete mentioning consistency as being very important for our o-line.I honestly see them making Breno Giacomini moves; unheralded moves that pay off without breaking the bank along with hitting the trenches early in the draft(which is deep especially at DT and T).As great as a Mack would be he still has to opt out and he isn't gonna come cheap.Im all for it but not gonna get my hopes up.

Pete is all about that competition and bringing in a vet or 2 to provide that I think would be smart

Zorn76

Reaction score
"I know Cable likes Sweezy, but how many times have we seen him blow it this season? I bet they keep him, but if I were the GM, I would say goodbye."

I'm a broken record on this, but I hope both Tom and Sweezy are done here.

Davidess

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the offseason panned out like this for Oline

LT-Gilliam/Rookie
LG-Glowinski
C-P.lewis
RG-Sweezy
RT-Rookie/Gilliam

with Britt playing the Swing tackle like Bailey was.

I can see the hawks releasing Lynch (along with pretty much everyone else) and with the 6.5m they gain in cap they can use part of it to use on Irvin. I really like Irvin and I think the organization does too. reason why he didn't get a lot of sacks is he is predominately a 2 down OLB and a 3rd down DE, not going to get many sacks.

I can see Rubin coming back but it all depends on the money he wants. Also Mebane I don't see him getting much. 31, injury history. doesn't really shout mullah.

of the rest id like to bring back
Kearse
Cmike-camp body mostly
Shead
Lockette- if hes healthy. may have a replacement in McNeil.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I don't think Okung is worth keeping. He's a solid LT but he's injured too often to deserve the money he gets. He'll probably get an offer we can't match in FA anyway.

I'd say keep Rubin and cut Mebane. He has been an important part of our defense but he's getting old and quite expensive. Rubin on the other hand has a little bit more gas left and is a lot cheaper.

It would kinda suck to lose Irvin and with the money that comes available after cutting Mebane and Okung there should be some options. We shouldn't overpay for him though.

Tarvaris and Fred might be done here as well.

I say keep the other guys on affordable deals.

Davidess

Reaction score
Overseasfan":h20xawq4 said:
I don't think Okung is worth keeping. He's a solid LT but he's injured too often to deserve the money he gets. He'll probably get an offer we can't match in FA anyway.

I'd say keep Rubin and cut Mebane. He has been an important part of our defense but he's getting old and quite expensive. Rubin on the other hand has a little bit more gas left and is a lot cheaper.

It would kinda suck to lose Irvin and with the money that comes available after cutting Mebane and Okung there should be some options. We shouldn't overpay for him though.

Tarvaris and Fred might be done here as well.

I say keep the other guys on affordable deals.

There is no cutting mebane or Okung as they are already FAs. we have money to sign them and I don't think Mebane will get much considering his age. Okung on the other hand will be interesting. he is a good LT when healthy. I wonder who will try to nab him and for how much.