2014 Seattle Mariners

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1m06ffpe said:
Jazzhawk":1m06ffpe said:
I love what we are seeing from Jones! Incredible last night...4 hits, 3 stolen bases, raised his average to .289. What a revelation!

I liked what Walker did last night, and am hoping the initial control issues were just from being amped up to pitch last night.

However, does anyone else share my concern for what Iwakuma has been giving us lately? 3 out of his last 4 games he's been horrible. I hope he gets back to his former self soon...we need him like that.

Pitchers go through slumps. its been a little disconcerting (as he's had the chance to extend some winning streaks for us) but nothing to be overly concerned with yet.
Well, he came back strong last night and probably could have one longer except for the 2-hour rest between innings when the M's batted around 3 times.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This fan is going to Chicago to root for our M's this weekend..Woo Hoo 9 over!! Ack had 3 hits again..Wow something has gotten into the bats...Love it...Go Mariners!!!

amill87

Reaction score
i definitely had my doubts early in the season about this team but at this point, there is no way anyone could not be thrilled with McClendon.

He's got this team believing in themselves.

No matter how this season ends, there is a lot to be excited about as a Mariners fan and the real excitement might actually start happening this season.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well seems like Seth Smith is off the table for trade, Padres just signed him to an extension and said that they are not gonna trade him come trade deadline time. Bummer...........

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What a game today ..Felix was on big time but so was that Sox pitcher ..I left early(not my choice) But traffic is a madhouse ..I hope the M's pull off the win...Go Mariners!!!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2hiy0z44 said:
What a game today ..Felix was on big time but so was that Sox pitcher ..I left early(not my choice) But traffic is a madhouse ..I hope the M's pull off the win...Go Mariners!!!

You left early! We pulled it out in the 14th. Back to nine games over .500

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3n44oc2e said:
IndyHawk":3n44oc2e said:

Yes I know,the problem was the wife not knowing baseball thought it was so boring and kept yapping when is it over?Finally I just had to go,,Mind you that was the end of M's 6th..Next time i go it's just me and boy only..Great win for the M's however..LoMo still hot ..Jones made a great catch...Look who's pitching for Sox Sunday..Going for 10 over..Go Mariners!!!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
IndyHawk":5iu4j9go said:
CurryStopstheRuns":5iu4j9go said:
IndyHawk":5iu4j9go said:

Yes I know,the problem was the wife not knowing baseball thought it was so boring and kept yapping when is it over?Finally I just had to go,,Mind you that was the end of M's 6th..Next time i go it's just me and boy only..Great win for the M's however..LoMo still hot ..Jones made a great catch...Look who's pitching for Sox Sunday..Going for 10 over..Go Mariners!!!

Should have handed her cab fare and told her to have the couch made for you when you got home.

chris98251

Reaction score
First lesson in life, never take your spouse somewhere that they are not as passionette as you are.The obligitory take them always ends up making it less fullfilling for yourself, let her go shopping with her girlfreinds.

Largent80

Reaction score
It is GREAT to the the M's playing well. At this point you have to believe that they are a pretty decent club. Now if they can just keep it going after the break.

Lithium

Reaction score
I'm all for trading Walker or some prospects for some hitting at this point, I want to see some playoff baseball, screw the future lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Made a POS like Noesi look like CY Young....... This is still a piss poor offense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2unk6nn6 said:
IndyHawk":2unk6nn6 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2unk6nn6 said:
IndyHawk":2unk6nn6 said:

Should have handed her cab fare and told her to have the couch made for you when you got home.
Ha Ha -good idea..Wonder how much it would have been to ship her over to Navy Pier,I
don't live in Chicago area so..Chris- I agree..This was the 1st and last time... As for that 1-0 game yesterday...We only gave up 2 hits! Great job by the pen...Wish the offense would be more alive than 6 hits...We do need a spark plug of a hitter..Who and where- I dunno but theres going to be a lot of sellers..We are buying at least 1 good bat ..Go Mariners!!!

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Rumors are floating about Tulo being on the block. I guess he wants out of Colorado and wants to go somewhere he can actually play in playoff games. He's 29, contract runs through 2020. Hitting numbers are a park inflated, because Denver, but he's still a top player. It's a pipe dream and I don't think or expect this to happen, but I'm kind of interested on what it'd take to get him here. I'm guessing he ends up in NY to replace Jeter.

But to entertain the 0.00001% chance the M's are a player, I'm thinking we'd end up sending Walker, Miller, Taylor, Peterson and maybe picks or another AA prospect or two. And basically give Colorado a big part of the foundation for several playoff runs over the next decade. And Tulo ends up hitting about .270 and tops out at 20 HR over the length of his contract here. So yeah. Don't do it.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":12xrrwv6 said:
Bats have turned to ice the last 6 games. 2 for their last 36 with runners in scoring position I believe I read this morning. Brutal.

They are pressing. A lot of first pitch outs. Lost a bit of plate discipline.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This batting problem is nothing new,it comes and goes..When they get the bat(s) we need- it won't be like this as much and I know we all will be happier..Hopefully Oakland goes into a long slump in the 2nd half,they haven't really gone into one yet so they are due...Our pitching is great..Furbush is the only one I'd like replaced ..As for trading prospects ..Look at what the A's gave up to the Cubs...We may have to give up Walker and another but to get a proven talent with a bat and a few years on contract it would be worth it..I'd like to get Gardner from the Yanks..A spark plug we need ..They need pitching bad..Real bad...

Latest posts