2014 Seattle Mariners

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2q8d3h97 said:
Smelly McUgly":2q8d3h97 said:
I hope this outburst by LoMo is a final nail in the coffin for Justin Smoak. I hate that guy.
:13:
Smoak has been given far too long to succeed and still hasn't. Admit your mistake and move on Jack.

I think McClendon has been quite clear he is only playing who he wants, where he wants, when he wants. Its nice to see that in a manager again

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3neyjk2j said:
hawksfansinceday1":3neyjk2j said:
Smelly McUgly":3neyjk2j said:
I hope this outburst by LoMo is a final nail in the coffin for Justin Smoak. I hate that guy.
Smoak has been given far too long to succeed and still hasn't. Admit your mistake and move on Jack.

I think McClendon has been quite clear he is only playing who he wants, where he wants, when he wants. Its nice to see that in a manager again
Completely agree.

Msfann

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3kq6g4pd said:
Smelly McUgly":3kq6g4pd said:

Send Ackley packing along with him, the guy scares absolutely nobody at the plate. He sucks for 90% of the season, then has a hot streak to get everyone's hopes up then goes right back into blowing chunks mode. Him and Smoak are pretty much the same player.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Love the baseball the M's are playing...I didn't think they had the hitting in them..Congrats to Miller for finding his bat and LoMo...I also love Jones coming out of nowhere...I agree with getting rid of Smoak..Ackley-I'm sure there's some castoff somewhere that can play better defense and hit a few points higher..Otherwise it's time to bring another kid up who can do the job..Erasmo is one pitcher that bothers me..Drains the bp every start ..How he doesn't get hammered when he walks 5 every time out is beyond me..JZ I hope he isn't pat this trade deadline..We are players and have a good team.All teams have weak spots..A player or two can make a big difference..Go M's!!!

m0ng0

Reaction score
Iwakuma has gotten knocked around his last few starts, I hope nothing is wrong......but i will say the bartender has been doing well in a long relief role. Hopefully they can turn this around and get a sweep but still, things are looking up for this team !

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2lg0cet3 said:
Erasmo is gone. Maurer looks like an okay long reliever. Taijuan is probably coming up to start. Paxton is going to have rehab starts if his throwing sessions go well this week.

He looked like a completely different pitcher last night. He hit 99 on the radar and had 4 K's in 2 IP. I was very impressed. If you didn't see it you wouldn't believe it.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 11m
Mariners officially announce they have activated OF Michael Saunders from the DL, Jesus Montero optioned to Tacoma.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
KitsapGuy":u69cv5p7 said:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 11m
Mariners officially announce they have activated OF Michael Saunders from the DL, Jesus Montero optioned to Tacoma.

Should have sent Romero down, not because Montero is any good (though he at least looked serviceable in his limited playtime this go-round), but because I really want Lloyd to stop using Romero in the outfield when we need right-handers in the lineup. Please come back soon, Corey Hart!

Minor quibble there, though. I'm just glad Saunders is back.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2kb601b2 said:
Smelly McUgly":2kb601b2 said:
Erasmo is gone. Maurer looks like an okay long reliever. Taijuan is probably coming up to start. Paxton is going to have rehab starts if his throwing sessions go well this week.

He looked like a completely different pitcher last night. He hit 99 on the radar and had 4 K's in 2 IP. I was very impressed. If you didn't see it you wouldn't believe it.

Jason Churchill had been talking quite a bit about Maurer and that his true place is likely in the bullpen, because he is a 2-pitch guy with elite velocity. Erasmo has better starter potential and is still young enough to develop. He needs to stay down in Tacoma, and hopefully we can get another starter via trade so there are options if/when Walker and Paxton get back, because odds are Chris Young will have a drop off at some point.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
These guys are starting to look like a halfway decent ball club. They could make some serious noise if they land another decent bat. For the Mariners, I haven't seen a stable of starting pitchers this deep in quite some time.

Hawker

Reaction score
Chavez-Jones-Cano-Seager at the top of the lineup is really firing on all cylinders. Seager is really impressing me. Well done!

m0ng0

Reaction score
Fernando Rodney is giving me an ulcer, he is getting the job done but its never dull......

Subzero717

Reaction score
m0ng0":2pqh051n said:
Fernando Rodney is giving me an ulcer, he is getting the job done but its never
m0ng0":2pqh051n said:
Fernando Rodney is giving me an ulcer, he is getting the job done but its never dull......
Thats how a lot of closers not named Mariano Rivera roll. They have only a couple pitches and heat is typically their best. Its strikeouts or longballs. Eric Gagne used to drive me insane. Outside of the fact he had a bagillion saves in a season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Felix is dealing...Walker pitches tommorow-no more Erasmo crap..I'm liking this team...

kearly

Reaction score
I hope we don't look back on this season and ask "what if" with Kendrys Morales. We need a plus bat DH so desperately, and the only decent options in trade would add more salary than Morales would have.

This is a playoff team that will probably just miss out thanks to the 5 black holes they have in the lineup most days. If they could just get that number down to 3, they'd be very tough to beat out for that second wildcard spot. Maybe they still get it anyway, but even with the pitching being unreal this team is still just barely holding onto it.

Latest posts