2014 Seattle Mariners

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2lwgfy8c said:
Walker and Paxton need to get back ASAP. We can't keep running out Ramirez and Mauer.

I couldn't agree more. Walker is throwing tonight and if he's ok it looks like he could take over Erasmo's spot in the lineup next Monday.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Wow! It looks like we have a new ballgame, Romero pinch hit for Erasmo and just hit a 3 run homer to left-center.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":25aeq8hq said:
Walker and Paxton need to get back ASAP. We can't keep running out Ramirez and Mauer.
Mauer got demoted..Erasmo is next...Go Mariners!!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
mbtitleist":bf0ickcg said:
Blitzer88":bf0ickcg said:

I couldn't agree more. Walker is throwing tonight and if he's ok it looks like he could take over Erasmo's spot in the lineup next Monday.

I believe Walker will pitch Sunday.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1lb1p8fq said:
Erasmo is truly awful. Truly, truly awful. He's giving up dingers like they're going out of style. I thought he'd be at least somewhat better than Maurer, but nope.

The team looks like it's ready to play a little offense, but Ramirez will give up ten runs in the five innings he pitches this game.

EDIT: Saunders as an everyday player sucks, but Saunders as a fourth outfielder is quite valuable. Also, Cano rocks.

Saunders has been a solid bag and fielder this season. Not sure what you are watching.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
CurryStopstheRuns":h7zd6wtl said:
Smelly McUgly":h7zd6wtl said:
Erasmo is truly awful. Truly, truly awful. He's giving up dingers like they're going out of style. I thought he'd be at least somewhat better than Maurer, but nope.

The team looks like it's ready to play a little offense, but Ramirez will give up ten runs in the five innings he pitches this game.

EDIT: Saunders as an everyday player sucks, but Saunders as a fourth outfielder is quite valuable. Also, Cano rocks.

Saunders has been a solid bag and fielder this season. Not sure what you are watching.

Not quite. Saunders has really come on offensively when McClendon started giving him more regular days off. He's great as long as he's being effectively platooned to keep him rested, which is why I suspect Stefen Romero is still up.

EDIT: Part of why Romero is still up. The other part is probably that we have a dearth of RH hitters.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I take it back. Nice comeback win and good use of the bullpen when they realized the starting pitcher was struggling. Hopefully another win tomorrow with Iwakuma up.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1g3kuqiy said:
I take it back. Nice comeback win and good use of the bullpen when they realized the starting pitcher was struggling. Hopefully another win tomorrow with Iwakuma up.

I don't blame you, but I guess there are enough offensive pieces to sometimes put together something Cano, Seager, Saunders, Jones), and who could have seen John Buck having a 4-4 day with a HR? No one.

Getting a little two game sweep against the best team in the NL East would make up for that abomination of a Marlins series earlier this year.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
It would be really nice if Iwakuma had a nice long outing tomorrow to help out the taxed bullpen. Early one tomorrow @ 9 AM Pacific.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
David Schoenfeld at ESPN suggested that the Mariners have an advantage in the Kendrys sweepstakes because they have the cash and the roster room to give him two years.

Then I thought about it. What do we have at DH? Nothing. What do we have at first base? Nothing.

He's right. We should see if Kendrys will take 2/22.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
August hasn't been kind to the M's. I'm enjoying the ride as long as it lasts.

Oh look...., Rangers lost, Angels lost, Yankees lost, tied for first in the Wild Card? Wha......?

Tical21

Reaction score
Time to bring up LoMo and send Smoak to Richie Sexson land.

pinksheets

Reaction score
pinksheets":1s80ltid said:
That kind of looks like a decent baseball team.
I'm standing by it! I haven't been this entertained this long by this team in a while.

I'm curious to see what kind of moves they make to compete. If it's Morales, go for it, if they're looking to trade prospects, I'd rather wait a few more weeks to see if they're really in this thing. I don't want to see Walker shipped off for anything but a no brainer deal. Franklin's trade value went from questionable to jack crap.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":280o50p2 said:
David Schoenfeld at ESPN suggested that the Mariners have an advantage in the Kendrys sweepstakes because they have the cash and the roster room to give him two years.

Then I thought about it. What do we have at DH? Nothing. What do we have at first base? Nothing.

He's right. We should see if Kendrys will take 2/22.

Its a fair shout, and we dont have to give anyone up (as opposed to chasing after Kemp). We are close enough, competitively, at this point to garner such a move as well. Smoak is nearing the end of his tenure. He's hitting decently for power...when he actually hits, and finds first base via the BB better than most. But with this team riding its pitching for the most part we cannot simply have that deep of a hole in the roster. At this point i'd rather give the spot to Morales, or even have Franklin and Miller on the team together with Smoak sitting. (i know the absurdity of that given Smoaks numbers are better than both, but atleast the glimmer of potential still exists in the other two)

did anyone realize Nelson Cruz leads the majors in HRs (with 20)? oh well

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
bigtrain21":26iqtno6 said:
It would be really nice if Iwakuma had a nice long outing tomorrow to help out the taxed bullpen. Early one tomorrow @ 9 AM Pacific.

I think the bullpen will be ok if for some reason Kuma has a rough outing and can't go deep. Elias went 9 on Sunday, Felix went 7 with Furbush and Biemel mopping up late. Bartender had 4 days off before coming in yesterday, Leone had 3. Plus tomorrow is a much needed off day for the whole team.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1w2wlac5 said:
did anyone realize Nelson Cruz leads the majors in HRs (with 20)? oh well

I cringe every time I see his name just because we need a right-handed power bat.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Yeah. Nelson Cruz would look great in our lineup.

Nice win by the Mariners today. Iwakuma 7 shutout innings which was really nice after the bullpen was used so much yesterday. Medina and Rodney finished off the 2-0 shutout.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jkitsune":21u7a27a said:
Nelson Cruz having a career year stings. A lot.

oh well... noone expected it, obviously, by the contract he got.

onwards... big series with Tampa Bay

Latest posts