2014 Seattle Mariners

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Another over-rated Yankee prospect, sigh.
You would have thought with all of the "wall singles" this guy hit in his first 2 seasons, that would have been clue one to get into better shape. Edgar would smoke this guy in a foot race, and Edgar was slug slow.

Atradees

Reaction score
Any Nelson Cruz updates?

Need more hitting like this guy.

To be honest though if pitchers 3 to 5 are managed well
We will win more games. Probably not until then.

hawker84

Reaction score
Our number two starter down with a finger injury, and it starts already, what's this first day of spring ball? nice...

I'll remain cautiously optimistic, there's some potential there, but some of the younger players are going to have to step up their game, i still think we're a couple players away from being legit contenders for the division. Sadly i still place us in the basement even with 80+ wins...

Tical21

Reaction score
No Nelson Cruz please!! The PED guys are shells of their former selves. Don't pay that dude 60+ million bucks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tical21":14ci8hru said:
No Nelson Cruz please!! The PED guys are shells of their former selves. Don't pay that dude 60+ million bucks.

wouldnt be more than 2/20 and an option for a 3rd year...

id rather look elsewhere as well, but... for 10 mil a year over 2 years it isnt that bad

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":26ri6rs7 said:
So long Guti.

His IBS has taken him out of 2014.

hello Nelson Cruz

(and Donny Almonte, which is a good thing)

davidonmi

Reaction score
Cruz is a completely different issue, we sign or don't sign cruz because of his bat.
With the Guti injury we need a guy with veratility in the OF, Andres Torres please

Uncle Si

Reaction score
davidonmi":1phmgiw7 said:
Cruz is a completely different issue, we sign or don't sign cruz because of his bat.
With the Guti injury we need a guy with veratility in the OF, Andres Torres please

Cruz was a bit more than a bat. he plays the outfield... better than Hart and LoMo (which granted isnt saying much). why give time to a player like Torres (who is what, 35?) when you can use Almonte?

With Cruz, our outfield now looks like: Saunders-Ackely-Cruz-Almonte with Hart/LoMo taking situational duties at times

davidonmi

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3dm53xyn said:
davidonmi":3dm53xyn said:

Cruz was a bit more than a bat. he plays the outfield... better than Hart and LoMo (which granted isnt saying much). why give time to a player like Torres (who is what, 35?) when you can use Almonte?

With Cruz, our outfield now looks like: Saunders-Ackely-Cruz-Almonte with Hart/LoMo taking situational duties at times
crus is a terrible defensive OF, and if Saunders ig oing through one of his extended slumps we need someone who can play CF, I guess almonte would work

Uncle Si

Reaction score
davidonmi":20w5c7pk said:
Uncle Si":20w5c7pk said:
davidonmi":20w5c7pk said:

crus is a terrible defensive OF, and if Saunders ig oing through one of his extended slumps we need someone who can play CF, I guess almonte would work

Cruz isnt "terrible"... he's not great, but he's far more serviceable than people give credit for.

I'm not advocating for Cruz by the way. I'm just not alarmed if we do sign him. I'd prefer Smelly's approach, trade Franklin and another AA piece for one of Alejandro de Aza, Matt Kemp, or Joc Pedersen and sign Jimenez

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":24pf6k2j said:
davidonmi":24pf6k2j said:
Uncle Si":24pf6k2j said:
davidonmi":24pf6k2j said:

Cruz isnt "terrible"... he's not great, but he's far more serviceable than people give credit for.

I'm not advocating for Cruz by the way. I'm just not alarmed if we do sign him. I'd prefer Smelly's approach, trade Franklin and another AA piece for one of Alejandro de Aza, Matt Kemp, or Joc Pedersen and sign Jimenez

Alejandro de Aza? Oh god. That guy is as bad at the plate as he is in the field. I think Jimenez isn't a bad deal, you know he has the upside of being great but he would have to be on a contract similar to what Guti had gotten.

Would like to see Kemp in a Mariners jersey but I'd take Pedersen before him.

davidonmi

Reaction score
How is de aza terrible? Career 275 and he was almost a
20/20 player this year

SonicHawk

Reaction score
He was a -.3 WAR last year. Almost had as many Ks as H.

Also a -2.1 dWAR