2014 Seattle Mariners

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I think Miller's offense is affecting his defense and it would be a good time to send him down. I still remain confident in him long term but he needs some work at lower levels for a month or so.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Rodney is among leaders in Saves..He blew a game -it happen's but he is a lot more reliable than a lot of closers we have had in past..Miller has to go to Tacoma no doubt..

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maurer another one who needs to go..Great job by Leone...Jack needs to get off his FA and get us another hitter or 2

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
m0ng0":3scq9r5n said:
hehe Lloyd got tossed :D
Only 2 bleppin' hits AGAIN?????????
That's about the 5th or 6th game they've had 3 hits or less. Pathetic!
Glad I was working so I didn't have to witness that trainwreck!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
This is my fault. I came here singing their praises and now they are under .500 again. I take full responsibility.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3gm3l3tq said:
This is my fault. I came here singing their praises and now they are under .500 again. I take full responsibility.

well, exactly at .500, but I'm willing to blame you just the same.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Why aren't we pinch running for smoak here?

Edit: For some reason we waited until there were 2 outs and although it wouldn't have changed anything I'd like to see us pinch run as soon as he gets to first base.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
They are making me sick. Our hitting is horrid and the defense....

As of 5/16 the same exact record as 2013.

They seem to be taking a page out of the Seahawks book on changing positions.

Ackerly is now an outfield and a below average one at that. Worked out so well that they are now working Franklin at right field.

Does anyone have a clue in the organization what they are doing? The one game I saw this was the "bad news bears" with around a half dozen errors

It will be next year before I attend another game

JZ#1

Reaction score
Nice win today. Only 1 game below .500. For as inconsistent as our hitting and bullpen has been, we are actually hanging in there.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
JZ#1":3h6hle9c said:
Nice win today. Only 1 game below .500. For as inconsistent as our hitting and bullpen has been, we are actually hanging in there.

Just give up already, this team isn't good.

They aren't miserable, but they aren't good.

Atradees

Reaction score
I am love with the pitching. Maurer excluded. Hover around 500. Hit a little streak more often than not ??

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SonicHawk":fc821vvo said:
JZ#1":fc821vvo said:

yep, half game from a playoff spot... throw in the towel

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1u5thjlu said:
The offense ain't gonna cut it, but they really are two starting pitchers away from being an extraordinary pitching team, assuming Taijuan Walker is as good in real life in the majors as he is in my MLB The Show 14 franchise.

It's definitely not good enough. Miller is terrible and everyone else besides Cano has been wildly inconsistent. But....Just saw an interesting stat earlier this morning.

The M's lead the league in WHAV("hard hit" AB's) but are 29th in BABIP(.280). Evaluating Hard-Medium-Soft hits are mostly subjective, but assuming they're relatively accurate, wouldn't that indicate some bad luck on their end? Not complete bad luck, but some, right?

At some point that's got to average out. With the dreckfest of injuries to pitching and the wild inconsistency to down right turd performances from Almonte and Miller, this team hovering around.500 is nothing short of amazing.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11a6104x said:
SonicHawk":11a6104x said:
JZ#1":11a6104x said:

yep, half game from a playoff spot... throw in the towel

I didn't say throw in the towel. Maybe they can make some moves and get better, maybe they can keep it at or near .500 and then got hot at the right time. There's a big difference between miserable (pack it up, go home) and just 'not good'.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":k0cpq4d7 said:
Smelly McUgly":k0cpq4d7 said:
The offense ain't gonna cut it, but they really are two starting pitchers away from being an extraordinary pitching team, assuming Taijuan Walker is as good in real life in the majors as he is in my MLB The Show 14 franchise.

It's definitely not good enough. Miller is terrible and everyone else besides Cano has been wildly inconsistent. But....Just saw an interesting stat earlier this morning.

The M's lead the league in WHAV("hard hit" AB's) but are 29th in BABIP(.280). Evaluating Hard-Medium-Soft hits are mostly subjective, but assuming they're relatively accurate, wouldn't that indicate some bad luck on their end? Not complete bad luck, but some, right?

At some point that's got to average out. With the dreckfest of injuries to pitching and the wild inconsistency to down right turd performances from Almonte and Miller, this team hovering around.500 is nothing short of amazing.

I'm so sick of WHAV. It's seriously all I hear about now. At some point the Mariners have just become a WHAV anomaly and we aren't going to follow the trend of being decent at the plate.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We know the pitching is real good..The offense overall is weak..Our GM must have little pull that he can't cut/trade for a couple of bats..Hart and LoMo just aren't going to cut it ..I think we are a .500 team or a little better but we could be a lot better ..How many 1 run games have we lost? How many games do we have 5 hits or less?Thats where 2 good hitters fix a lot of that problem..

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They need to send Miller down to the minors. Enough already. The dude is dtruggling big time. Let Franklin get a shot at SS. He'll be fine and has a better bat.