2 and you're out

chris98251

Reaction score
This sets things up to have players that are emotional and get on the refs a bit to get ejected, I read foul language or arguing with officials can get you a flag also. Watch this start swaying games in the last few minutes as players get tossed.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sounds like a completely fair and appropriate rule to me.

It's not hard to not be a jackass on the field. Especially after you get one and know you need to cool it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Uncle Si":opfyhgi4 said:
sutz":opfyhgi4 said:
nwgamer":opfyhgi4 said:
I had read that if the rule were applied to last season, there would have been only two ejections all year. I can't remember the name of the players but the story said it wasn't Josh Norman or Odell BJ.
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the Noman/OBJ situation is exactly the kind of thing this rule consideration is aimed at.

Broncos player would have been ejected at the Super Bowl as well

This. The new rule needs to cover this. Leave it a judgement call probably but inject a lot more judgement.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":2x9546pm said:
The rule should be, if 2 players are in a scuffle, either NO penalty should occur, or both should get one.

How many times have you seen the retaliating player get the flag and not the instigator?
Bad call sir. One player cheap shots another like usual and the guy that stands his ground is out? What is this but flag football with nannies? More logical and reasonable is having full time completely trained referees. Referees that are in shape and not fat guys that can't see beyond five feet.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JSeahawks":n3au8lpy said:

It's not hard to not be a jackass on the field. Especially after you get one and know you need to cool it.
Hence the reason college football sucks balls. Just one of many reasons that is. It's bad enough that this nation is full steam ahead no pass go to Nanny State. Let's not make the NFL follow such ridiculous crap.

This kind of thinking makes me wonder why I choose to work given I could make you and everyone else pay for me anytime by going on disability and food stamps anytime I choose.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkGA":2tdpsnz2 said:
Uncle Si":2tdpsnz2 said:
sutz":2tdpsnz2 said:
nwgamer":2tdpsnz2 said:
I had read that if the rule were applied to last season, there would have been only two ejections all year. I can't remember the name of the players but the story said it wasn't Josh Norman or Odell BJ.
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the Noman/OBJ situation is exactly the kind of thing this rule consideration is aimed at.

This. The new rule needs to cover this. Leave it a judgement call probably but inject a lot more judgement.

Thing is, I thought the Broncos player needed to be ejected. (can't remember his name, but was in the secondary). He had taken a ridiculous 15 yarder earlier in the 1st quarter. Then, with Stewart tip toeing the line near the end zone, commits another (far cheaper) shot. He's penalized roughly 6 inches for the 2nd offense as the Panthers were inside the 1.

Im reading people suggest this will somehow weaken the league. Having your players injured by cheap shot blows and an inability to tackle correctly is what will be the downfall of the league. Protecting your players and requiring them to control themselves and their craft seems a minor step for the NFL in 2016.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":w4ixdezk said:
penihawk":w4ixdezk said:
peachesenregalia":w4ixdezk said:
12th_Bob":w4ixdezk said:
Just dumb to even have it, gonna end up like Basketball or "soccer" now.

I'd argue that ending up like the most popular sport on the planet is probably a good thing.

You are aware the reason soccer is the most popular sport on the planet is the fact anybody can play it with "any" round ball "anywhere" void of trees or brush?

I would guess the post was referring to the constant "flopping" that goes on in those sports trying to take advantage of the rules? One of the hundreds of reasons I would rather watch paint dry than a soccer game.

The NFL needs to be careful to not destroy what makes football especially pro football great. I'm all for eliminating the Beckham/Norman type crap but not Kam/Vernon type plays. The NCAA made a huge mistake with their targeting rule and the NFL should proceed carefully on what it is they are trying to eliminate.

Yeah, you're right, soccer is only popular because it's easy to play. You keep watching paint dry, I'll watch the beautiful game.

Because football just needs an oblong ball to be played anywhere void of trees or brush.... ah well.

I've seen the supposed transcendence of this proposed rule to the college targeting rule and don't understand why people want to make the jump (albeit it's not as far as suggesting football will turn into another sport altogether... sigh). There were very limited number of occasions in the NFL last year (maybe 2/3?) where any NFL player would have been ejected under this proposed rule. Simply seems another effort to protect a player base that, well, needs protecting.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Yeah, in regards to "flopping" and playing for the penalties, no thank you.

Also, every year there are more and more changes, just sick of it.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/712417714359246848[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
Uncle Si":92u7j759 said:
HawkGA":92u7j759 said:
Uncle Si":92u7j759 said:
sutz":92u7j759 said:

Thing is, I thought the Broncos player needed to be ejected. (can't remember his name, but was in the secondary). He had taken a ridiculous 15 yarder earlier in the 1st quarter. Then, with Stewart tip toeing the line near the end zone, commits another (far cheaper) shot. He's penalized roughly 6 inches for the 2nd offense as the Panthers were inside the 1.

Im reading people suggest this will somehow weaken the league. Having your players injured by cheap shot blows and an inability to tackle correctly is what will be the downfall of the league. Protecting your players and requiring them to control themselves and their craft seems a minor step for the NFL in 2016.

The thing with the rule is, I don't think he should have been ejected because it was the second time that game. I thought that individual facemask was egregious enough to warrant an ejection. The name is escaping me at the moment too but it was the same guy who did the eye poking earlier in the season.

London12

Reaction score
I don't like to see this but I guess they had to do something after OBJ was a total bitch.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Got to love Jeff Fisher....

Los Angeles Rams coach Jeff Fisher said he was supportive of the new rule.

"We need to do something there," Fisher said. "My teams have been involved in things on the field that just shouldn't take place. Not that I had players who were. ... I can't think of players who would have been ejected or were guilty of two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the same game, but we've had some instances on the field where I think we could have avoided it if we'd had a rule like this where you can get their attention."

http://www.ketv.com/sports/nfl-approves-ejection-for-two-unsportsmanlike-penalties/38653144

fenderbender123

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":rwbseuof said:
JSeahawks":rwbseuof said:

Hence the reason college football sucks balls. Just one of many reasons that is. It's bad enough that this nation is full steam ahead no pass go to Nanny State. Let's not make the NFL follow such ridiculous crap.

This kind of thinking makes me wonder why I choose to work given I could make you and everyone else pay for me anytime by going on disability and food stamps anytime I choose.

This is a quality post.

kearly

Reaction score
So it's two unsportsmanlike penalties and you are out. I don't love this rule, but at least it isn't insane like the rumored "two personal fouls" one. Most personal fouls are not intentional.

Its funny how the NFL admitted in January that it needed to look at the catch rule and trim down the rule book since Goodell has stuffed it with too many asinine rules. So what do they do? They completely ignore the catch rule and add almost a dozen more superfluous rule changes. You gotta love Goodell.

And since the media seems to have the memory of goldfish, this isn't being talked about anywhere.

Anyway, I don't love this "2 and you're out rule", mainly because it seems more likely to screw a team than it is to prevent another OBJ v. Norman. It also seems kind of dumb to add yet another new rule basically because of one outlier incident.

ivotuk

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":pvg8yp4a said:

"We need to do something there," Fisher said. "My teams have been involved in things on the field that just shouldn't take place. Not that I had players who were. ... I can't think of players who would have been ejected or were guilty of two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the same game, but we've had some instances on the field where I think we could have avoided it if we'd had a rule like this where you can get their attention."

http://www.ketv.com/sports/nfl-approves-ejection-for-two-unsportsmanlike-penalties/38653144

What a crock. This guy deserves to go below .500 for the rest of his life. He has had the dirtiest teams in the history of the NFL.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ksp07ld said:
FortWorthSeahawk":2ksp07ld said:

What a crock. This guy deserves to go below .500 for the rest of his life. He has had the dirtiest teams in the history of the NFL.

Fisher is all about pushing it right up to the edge. The problem is, Dr. Frankenstein can't always control his monster. So, it somewhat makes sense Fisher would support this, to give him a tool to back his players off "just enough" to avoid drawing flags. Like pretty much all NFL coaches, Fisher is a very smart, practical man. Be as dirty as possible, as long as it doesn't penalize the team.