1st round picks

12forlife

Reaction score
That's pretty strong! If we end up like #5 or #6, and miss out on Carter & Anderson do we trade back here? Or Take Verse, and trade back @ 15?

QWERTY

Reaction score
That's pretty strong! If we end up like #5 or #6, and miss out on Carter & Anderson do we trade back here? Or Take Verse, and trade back @ 15?
The best situation would be is to trade the #2-5 pick for 2 1st round picks or a 1st and a 2nd round pick, or a 1st , 2nd, 4th round pick.

Then you take your own #12-16 pick and trade for 2024 1st round pick and a 2023 2nd round pick.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point ^
They are in a very good position to load up for 2023 and 2024 drafts. And fill a ton of needs. D Line D Line D Line.
Hoping they find a new Guard and Center. And for the love of god......please get better at LB.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yeah, they can blow their wad here, or surely be in a position to set John Schneider up with a real "win forever" type of sustained draft capital.

Either way works for me. If they take someone, it's gotta be one of the top two defenders. Gotta be.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

I think I'd rather trade out completely for 2024 capital and stick with the native first as the first pick if both of those guys are gone.

Like Verse, but I'd rather not reach on an edge that I don't see as a true blue chip. Rather set up a few big subsequent drafts instead if that's the case.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I do have some fear about being one of the teams that ends up looking dumb in retrospect for passing on Anthony Richardson. There is so,so,so much talent there. Mike Vicks arm, Jalen Hurts legs in Cam Newtons body. He is raw and needs a tonne of seasoning though. He is young, and if you can wait and let him marinate for a bit, I don't think a Josh Allen-esque trajectory is unreasonable.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Good point ^
They are in a very good position to load up for 2023 and 2024 drafts. And fill a ton of needs. D Line D Line D Line.
Hoping they find a new Guard and Center. And for the love of god......please get better at LB.
Yes all GLARING needs.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I would take either Anthony Richardson or Jalen Carter with their first pick.

With the 2nd pick in the first round look for DE, DT, LBer, WR, C/G or Safety.....best available.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I do have some fear about being one of the teams that ends up looking dumb in retrospect for passing on Anthony Richardson. There is so,so,so much talent there. Mike Vicks arm, Jalen Hurts legs in Cam Newtons body. He is raw and needs a tonne of seasoning though. He is young, and if you can wait and let him marinate for a bit, I don't think a Josh Allen-esque trajectory is unreasonable.
Can accuracy be learned and improved upon though, or is that something where either you have it or you don't? He's just not accurate from what I'm reading. Otherwise, he looks legit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

This is my worry.

Even one more win by the Broncos could drop us down to 5th or 6th because it brings like 5 or 6 four and five win teams into the mix with a ton of equal record tie breakers.

So as much as we hate it, we REALLY need to be bigtime Rams fans this weekend. It'd help us two ways, Rams win = 5 wins, and Denver loses = keeps us at #3 pick.

knownone

Reaction score
If we lose the rest of our games, we could move up as far as 8th. I doubt that happens, but it's a nice consolation prize if our season spirals.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Good point ^
Bears also need DL and OL so there will be plenty of competition in free agency and the draft between the two. I predict the Seahawks will outsmart Poles.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I do think Schneider has a good eye for quarterbacks. If he picks Richardson, I wouldnt be unhappy.

Last edited: