1st Round - 27th pick Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle needed speed at LB, they got it.

This isn't the Collier pick. Collier was just straight beige boring on tape. Brooks has traits, and he has heart. He pops, and it's his fundamentals and durability that cause questions. His ceiling is Bobby Wagner, and he's not a million miles from becoming him.

bluengreen

Reaction score
He does seem like a good player (they obviously liked him over Queen). But is this a vote of No Confidence in Barton and BBK? Or do they think they can coach him into a MIC as Wagner's eventual replacement? Maybe? And they think that they can still get good D line in the next round?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I do think there were a number of teams interested in Jordan Love that we could have traded down with, and that's why the Packers jumped in front of us to trade with the Dolphins.

I've seen a few thoughts that we should have traded back and it seems odd that anybody would think we weren't looking for one. With the last 1st round QB off the board then the next 45 or so look pretty similar this year and I don't think there's much incentive for teams to move up.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'll admit that I never heard of the guy but the first thing I did when I heard he was our pick I looked him up. Watched as much as I could find and this dude is a football player. Best comment you can get as a player. Dude ballz out.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
bluengreen":3k65fwxi said:
He does seem like a good player (they obviously liked him over Queen). But is this a vote of No Confidence in Barton and BBK? Or do they think they can coach him into a MIC as Wagner's eventual replacement? Maybe? And they think that they can still get good D line in the next round?

yes

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'll admit that I never heard of the guy but the first thing I did when I heard he was our pick I looked him up. Watched as much as I could find and this dude is a football player. Best comment you can get as a player. Dude ballz out.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
What a bunch of crybaby Negative Nancys. :177692:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1e0yircl said:
Sports Hernia":1e0yircl said:
I love it when folks get butthurt when their pet picks don’t get picked.
It will be funnier the next 2 days.
It’s great entertainment.

It would be funnier if any of the early round reaches we’ve picked actually panned out.

Oh look we got Irvin back!
Russell Wilson says Hi! :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1m6lzhvp said:
Sports Hernia":1m6lzhvp said:
I love it when folks get butthurt when their pet picks don’t get picked.
It will be funnier the next 2 days.
It’s great entertainment.

It would be funnier if any of the early round reaches we’ve picked actually panned out.

Oh look we got Irvin back!
Russell Wilson says Hi! :)

AgentDib

Reaction score
bluengreen":2i8fpolx said:
But is this as vote of No Confidence in Barton and BBK? Or do they think they can coach him into a MIC as Wagner's eventual replacement?
I don't think any of us really know, but my own read is that Brooks is a potential BWags replacement. It's a sad thought of course, but our 2021 LB corps could end up being young, fast and extremely inexpensive.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I think hes a great tackler but he can’t defend the pass. Which means Pete should get rid of the stupid style of playing linebackers in coverage.

Pete thinks he can develop anyone to fit his desire and it’s just not accurate even half the time.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AgentDib":231xwt0i said:
I do think there were a number of teams interested in Jordan Love that we could have traded down with, and that's why the Packers jumped in front of us to trade with the Dolphins.

I've seen a few thoughts that we should have traded back and it seems odd that anybody would think we weren't looking for one. With the last 1st round QB off the board then the next 45 or so look pretty similar this year and I don't think there's much incentive for teams to move up.
Other teams have to be willing to trade. If you don’t have a trade partner you’re hosed.

Own The West

Reaction score
Awesome! We got a MLB that can tackle but not cover to sit on the bench behind next to our two OLB that can cover but not tackle from last year...

Even if the trade down was not there, could we have taken a RB or someone who has a chance to play next year?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1qdmoy0c said:
Same here. You sound exactly like Dave Wyman. Wyman will love, love, LOVE this pick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":22p5uuu8 said:
I think hes a great tackler but he can’t defend the pass. Which means Pete should get rid of the stupid style of playing linebackers in coverage.

Pete thinks he can develop anyone to fit his desire and it’s just not accurate even half the time.

I don't think that Pete particularly wanted to play base so much last year, he just would rather play base than trot out the inept slot defenders on the roster with the (obviously debatable) belief that having better overall players on the field would be the best option to shield against roster deficiencies.

With the addition of Dunbar, who can move between slot and boundary, I think they're more comfortable in that regard and are drafting the heir apparent to Wagner - the best downfield defender at LB left on the board. He'll likely play somewhere outside until then.

I'm sure Brooks can learn to drop in zone and develop that part of his game, but until then, he'll go sideline-to-sideline with speed reminiscent of a younger Irvin's and shore up the run defense with his sure-thing tackling.

On tape, it looks like the opposing offensive line gave him a spare key to enter the backfield. I like what I see.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I absolutely hate this pick. Who spells Jordan with a "y"? I mean, other than a stripper?

stang233

Reaction score
Best LB in a conference that doesn't play defense. LJ sure worked out. What a waste at 27.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see a scheme shift, Brooks is a guy that can sit and read those delayed handoffs in S.F. Arizona and the Rams, shoot the gaps and hit the RB's as they cut back, he can Spy guys like Murray and close quickly, call him a big nickel back on other plays. Eventually he takes over for Bobby, he is not a OUTSIDE LB or a guy you bring in to cover guys.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":1npdg2bm said:
getnasty":1npdg2bm said:
Northwest Seahawk":1npdg2bm said:
getnasty":1npdg2bm said:
LB was about as big of a need the QB. Might be a fine player but 4-3 outside linebacker just is never a big need.

If you don't think LB was a need than you need some serious glasses my friend.

Right after Center, Guard, Tackle, Saftey, WR, DE, DT and CB.

Sorry forgot TE and RB

Pass rush and OL were much more glaring needs. Not even close.

Once again I completely disagree were old at LB and it showed . Barton did not play well and BBK is just a guy . We got a physical LB with speed he was the best LB in the Big 12 . That said I've been critical of JS drafting the last few years and there were other options so if your not ready to call out JS then deal with it. We'll see what they do Friday.

Latest posts