12th Man slipping??

Seeker

Reaction score
KJR radio talking about how there were a lot of empty seats in the second half (granted the weather was hell) but that is what liquor is for.

I remember seeing some entitled fans in the crowd for the cardinals game but I didn't really see to much here because I was watching the game so hard.

Can anyone there share there experiences at this particular game?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
When the ticket prices START at $200, you're going to lose a portion of the boozed up rowdy crowd that makes a bunch of noise.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
There is always a lot of empty seats at the start of the second half because people are still in line for food or the bathroom. It fills back up after a few minutes of gameplay.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seeker":25pvqxpu said:
KJR radio talking about how there were a lot of empty seats in the second half (granted the weather was hell) but that is what liquor is for.

I remember seeing some entitled fans in the crowd for the cardinals game but I didn't really see to much here because I was watching the game so hard.

I think due to the expensive ticket prices you gotta a lot of people coming for their first games this season who don't care that much about the 12thman aspect and just want to have a good time. As for STHs, I'm sure you also have a large number selling their tickets (due to the high profit margin for playoff games) who again bring those type of fans to the stadium that game. That's my logic. i.e. There are 4 seats next to my pair that belong to some broker. For most of the season I had a fan who bought those tickets and came loud. Saturday's game was some young couple on a date, both quiet, sitting and gone for most of the game. Nice couple, but not the type I wanted at that game.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":34snu4k3 said:
When the ticket prices START at $200, you're going to lose a portion of the boozed up rowdy crowd that makes a bunch of noise.

What's worse was the hoards of ppl who started leaving after Marshawn's TD. In my head there was still a chance they could come back (and it did start getting scary towards the end). You pay $80-$500/ticket and you're worried about 10 minutes of traffic?

kidhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1rv4lr8t said:
AbsolutNET":1rv4lr8t said:

What's worse was the hoards of ppl who started leaving after Marshawn's TD. In my head there was still a chance they could come back (and it did start getting scary towards the end). You pay $80-$500/ticket and you're worried about 10 minutes of traffic?

I think that's funny too, because I always stay to the end no matter what sporting event I go to, and when there's a mass exodus like that, they are the ones who end up being the traffic and by the time the game is over, it makes for a much easier trip out of the stadium.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Likely they were Saints fans leaving the game, going home to piss and moan at their hotels.

That's what happened near me at the MNF game.

A lady and her daughter had a big sign they were flashing in the first quarter of that game.

I didn't see them in the 2nd half.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1xsqihx4 said:
AbsolutNET":1xsqihx4 said:

This.

I know they sold out but curious if all the ticket brokers sold their hourd of tickets... it'd be a shame if all these company's who mark-up tickets and but are unable to sell them.

Shout_out

Reaction score
There is always a lot of empty seats at the start of the second half because people are still in line for food or the bathroom. It fills back up after a few minutes of gameplay.

This.

I feel I should be able to take a piss and get a beer in the 15 minutes of halftime. Unfortunately, you can do one or the other, but not both. There aren't enough urinals and it seems like the beer/food vendors are deliberately slow. You know a rush is coming, have some beers poured! Do you not like making money?

This leads to an entire drive by the Saints at the beginning of the second half where half the seats are empty and the crowd is quiet.

But within 5 minutes, that place was full again. I didn't see many empty seats.

Another idea that maybe leads to that perception is those very expensive seats on the bottom of the North Endzone. Whenever you see that area on TV it always seems half empty and nobody is cheering.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seeker":t5j58dr2 said:

The first 5 minutes or so of the 2nd half had half-empty seats because the concession/restroom lines were ridiculous. I went to the bathroom at halftime and was in line the entire half and didn't get back to my seat until the Seahawks were punting on offense.

It filled back in not too much later.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Shout_out":wkkxbpmt said:

This.

I feel I should be able to take a piss and get a beer in the 15 minutes of halftime. Unfortunately, you can do one or the other, but not both. There aren't enough urinals and it seems like the beer/food vendors are deliberately slow. You know a rush is coming, have some beers poured! Do you not like making money?

This leads to an entire drive by the Saints at the beginning of the second half where half the seats are empty and the crowd is quiet.

Another idea that maybe leads to that perception is those very expensive seats on the bottom of the North Endzone. Whenever you see that area on TV it always seems half empty and nobody is cheering.

Underscores why it is so important for the Seahawks to win the toss at home and defer. Capitalize on the frenzy at the start of the game and let the defense wreck havoc. Then the Seahawk offense starts the second half with a nice, quiet stadium to make their calls.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Can confirm, the lines were absolutely crazy to get a beer and use the men's room at halftime. Ladies had it nice and easy though.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I saw numerous fans leaving after the Lynch TD as well....surprising really...Numerous people in my area missed almost the entire 3rd quarter waiting in line for beer...are you kidding me?? I missed the first 30 seconds of the 3rd quarter because of the bathroom line. Considering there are 66k plus fans inthis place the place clears out fairly quick at the end of the game and getting back on the I5 is not that bad...not worth leaving early for to beat a few minutes of foot and vehicle traffic. I was also surprised how many people showed up late for the game...how could anyone miss the intros and the raising of the flag?????

Lux49ers

Reaction score
12th man slipping? I wish...as a Niner fan..I fear my team going up there...that 12th will personally be responsable for ending at least 3 drives with our false starts...

God I wish this game was back in SF...it's almost mission impossible winning up there...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":149h7dft said:
I saw numerous fans leaving after the Lynch TD as well....surprising really...Numerous people in my area missed almost the entire 3rd quarter waiting in line for beer...are you kidding me?? I missed the first 30 seconds of the 3rd quarter because of the bathroom line. Considering there are 66k plus fans inthis place the place clears out fairly quick at the end of the game and getting back on the I5 is not that bad...not worth leaving early for to beat a few minutes of foot and vehicle traffic. I was also surprised how many people showed up late for the game...how could anyone miss the intros and the raising of the flag?????

I learned bathroom breaks before 2 minute warning of a quarter. Do not bother with bathroom when half starts, you won't even be pissing by the time the game starts up again.

jblaze

Reaction score
I could see how some were looking past the Saints last weekend a bit. A lot of sales of tickets, etc with people looking to the NFCC this week.

I don't see the same problem happening this week. This Sunday is going to be epic. Biggest game in Seahawks history arguably.

bryantology79

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2wk8lzcc said:
Shout_out":2wk8lzcc said:

This.

Underscores why it is so important for the Seahawks to win the toss at home and defer. Capitalize on the frenzy at the start of the game and let the defense wreck havoc. Then the Seahawk offense starts the second half with a nice, quiet stadium to make their calls.

exactly...don't underestimate our 12 brethren's intelligence.

Exittium

Reaction score
Or maybe just like people said earlier the our division game, was missing a lot of the "regulars" due to taking a gamble and waiting for NFCCG Tickets instead. < I think this was the most likely scenario.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Lux49ers":2aenf8qb said:
12th man slipping? I wish...as a Niner fan..I fear my team going up there...that 12th will personally be responsable for ending at least 3 drives with our false starts...

God I wish this game was back in SF...it's almost mission impossible winning up there...

Yep....every fan would prefer a "Home" game for the NFC Championship. This year, the Seahawks are #1 and all games come through the Clink.....aka known as "HELL" to Niner fans.

RezHawk

Reaction score
Four seats to my left were empty the entire second half. Consesions are horrendous at halftime, don't even bother. Same with bathrooms. I always get in early and hit the food stands while the teams are doing warm ups. Food quality is much better than at halftime.

Latest posts