12 Man Flag Raiser Suggestion

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hernandez raised it a couple years back vs the Bengals...at that game...back when Whitehurst was the starter YIKES!!! Being from Canada Han Solo would not be my first pick....

Giblien

Reaction score
cover-2":3gyr9ni9 said:
Current Seattle Sounder Female team (soccer) Hope Solo - Solo is from the Seattle area, she was one of the top female goal keepers, she is married to former Seahawks TE Jerramy Stevens, and she is hot.

solo_hope.JPG
HidH4932917126236992w216h186c7rs1pid1HopeSolo

Why would ANY woman marry Jerramy Stevens? That dude was a punk on and off the field...

That being said, my vote is Russell Wilson. Have him raise the falg, zipline down to the LOS, and throw a touchdown to Percy Harvin.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2la3ibpd said:
Hernandez raised it a couple years back vs the Bengals...at that game...back when Whitehurst was the starter YIKES!!! Being from Canada Han Solo would not be my first pick....

Not only that, but Hope Solo already raised it back in 2008. Again, check out the list of past 12 Man Flag Raisers at the link I posted. The videos are definitely good stuff.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
just watched a bunch of them...Dave Krieg, Steve Raible, Lofa, Marcus Trufant (since it seems he is done)...

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
sc85sis":2cf32om9 said:
Hawkscanner":2cf32om9 said:
warden":2cf32om9 said:
Lots have done it twice

Cortez and Walter Jones have both done it twice Warren Moon did it once solo and once with Raible, a lot of the members of the ring of honor have done it twice , once as a solo acy and the other in a group setting

Huh. In looking over that list again, I most certainly stand corrected on that.

The suggestions that have been thrown our there by others are good ones for sure ... but I'm going to continue to bang the drum for a Pete Gross representative to do it during some regular season home game sometime. Alright, I'll get down off my soap box on that for now. :tongue:

I like your idea. Email or Tweet the Seahawks.

Well, I just got done emailing the Seahawks about it (I guess that's what you'd call it, as I used the Fan Feedback Form on Seahawks.com). We'll see what they actually say.

And you know how many in this thread have been throwing out suggestions for if the Hawks make it to the NFC Championship game? I've been giving it some thought ... and I honestly think having a representative of Pete Gross raising the 12th Man Flag (either in the NFC Championship Game or for the Divisional Round game for the rights to advance to the NFC Championship) has some merits. The events staff (whomever puts that whole thing together) could say have highlights of Gross calling that improbable win over the Dolphins in 1983, shocking the entire NFL and announcing that the Seahawks are going to the AFC Championship. Man, that has possibilities.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hope Solo doesn't do it for me at all. Never really understood the infatuation with her.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
God, some of you guys are so... Ok, I'll be nice and not say it. The only people that could even be considered to raise the 12th for the NFCCG would be: #1 by a mile... Mike Holmgren. The man took us from mediocrity to National Powerhouse to the Super Bowl in his time here. It is by far my #1 choice. #2 would be Matt Hasselbeck. The QB that converted Holmy's vision onto the field. And Shaun? He already raised it. Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62mc2nl3Jrw

Walter Jones too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLq_-1tNV4Y

And Paul Allen already did it as well, though I wouldn't be opposed to him being the first person to make a return appearance, as none of this bliss would be possible without that wonderful man... God bless 'im.....

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ym5htjh said:
BlueThunder":2ym5htjh said:
Steve2222":2ym5htjh said:
Hope Solo doesn't do it for me at all. Never really understood the infatuation with her.

*sigh*

Yep sorry. Amazonian women no thanks.

Well, yeah. Of course we wouldn't want any local two-time Olympic Gold Medalist Champion women doing anything. I mean, they're just girls huh? Pfft. Girls.. lol :roll:

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":ay816rrj said:
If I can make it to the SF game, I'll plant one at Candle Stick.

Haha! I just envisioned a person with a 12th man flag storming the field and planting it midfield, then getting dragged out by the cops. Legion of Boom goes nuts and gets a pick-6 on the ensuing play.

cover-2

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2g7phhlz said:
Cyrus12":2g7phhlz said:

Not only that, but Hope Solo already raised it back in 2008. Again, check out the list of past 12 Man Flag Raisers at the link I posted. The videos are definitely good stuff.

My bad I guess I had just glossed over the list. :34853_doh:

I have a nice list of former Seahawks least likely to raise the 12th Man Flag;
LB Aaron Curry
FB Owen Schmitt
P Brandon Coutu
QB David Greene
FS Marquand Manuel
QB Dan McGwire
DE Lamar King
DE Anton Palepoi
WR Taco Wallace
CB Kelly Jennings
DE Lawrence Jackson

cover-2

Reaction score
Steve2222":3ssiyk4q said:
BlueThunder":3ssiyk4q said:
Steve2222":3ssiyk4q said:

*sigh*

Yep sorry. Amazonian women no thanks.

Yeah, she has an athletic build, but she is only 5-9 which IMO is not in the category of Amazonian. I'm 6-2 so a 5-9 woman is still somewhat short to me...I have shared an elevator with former Seattle Storm center Lauren Jackson and she was every bit of 6-5.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2jiwl9qw said:

There's no rule about not being able to raise it more than once; Cortez has done it three times already (okay but he's a stud and HOF.) Though given that she's batshit crazy and always in the bad light of media to begin with (ignoring the fact that she married one of the biggest douches ever on the same day he smacked her up) I don't see her reprising that honor. She's fine for a regular season game, but for a home playoff game you need someone special.

Former player pick: Hasselbeck. Assuming that the Colts bow out before the AFCCG, it would be perfect for him to swing up here and do the honors, sending us on our way to the SB. I think he'd relish the request and be more than happy to be part of it. Not sure how that would fly with the Colts though.

Local celeb: The heart transplant girl who made Russell Wilson's Seahawks wallet (with some Children's Hospital reps and maybe RW's wife.)

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
For our next home game (I'm sure it couldn't happen) but right now, there would be no person ever better that could get not only whip the crowd into a near frenzied melt-down but also get the team totally fired up:

Michael Robinson in full uniform.

and then of course the fantasy has him zip lining down on to the field for the opening kick-off...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
cover-2":2kptrdoj said:
Hawkscanner":2kptrdoj said:
Cyrus12":2kptrdoj said:

My bad I guess I had just glossed over the list. :34853_doh:

I have a nice list of former Seahawks least likely to raise the 12th Man Flag;
LB Aaron Curry
FB Owen Schmitt
P Brandon Coutu
QB David Greene
FS Marquand Manuel
QB Dan McGwire
DE Lamar King
DE Anton Palepoi
WR Taco Wallace
CB Kelly Jennings
DE Lawrence Jackson

One of these things is not like the other. :141847_bnono:

IcedHawk

Reaction score
I think it'll be cool if we could get some of the players from the inaugural Seahawks team for the NFC title game. Or top 12 Seahawks of all time, or something.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I would like to see iRo and PE raise it together, followed by a giant man hug, and raising each others hand in victory.... World peace followed by a string of 6 consecutive Lombardi trophys for Seattle would ensue.

Tical21

Reaction score
I grew up with Pete Gross. He was Mr. Seahawk to me. Besides Largent, he was the person I most identified with being a Seahawk. But I see a few reasons why his representatives wouldn't be the greatest of selections. First, whoever the representative would be, nobody would have ever heard of. Second, I don't think 80% of the current fanbase have any idea who Pete Gross is. The person would be announced as having a relationship with Mr. Gross, and the stadium would be like "wait, who?" They should do it for a game, but I don't think they could realistically do it for a big one.

Sorry, I'm too tired to look at the list, but..

Shawn Kemp
Chris Hansen
Calabro
Piniella
Lambright
Nap Kaufman
Freddy Couples