10 am Sunday back to back weeks.....

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1vb1zt8v said:
el capitan":1vb1zt8v said:
The scheduling is determined in advance and the Hawks would have been well aware before the Rams game that if they failed to claim the 5th seed this would happen. Besides it's the playoffs, I'm sure they'll be motivated.

Are you sure about that?

This isn't regular season scheduling and if it were predetermined I think we would have know right after our game what time we play depending on the winner between GB and Minny. Or at very least as soon as that game ended.

Pretty sure it is not set in stone and that they determine the game times after all the playoff teams are determined but I could be wrong.

I know I was frustrated when we had to play Atlanta at 10am and the following week the 9ers got to play them at 1pm. It is hard not to notice since the Seahawks/9ers rivalry kicked off we have not only played nearly twice as many (maybe more than twice as many) early east coast games as them and have had to travel to San Fran THREE times on Thursday night. Sure makes you wonder why we keep getting the short end of the scheduling stick.

The conference championship games are set in stone. The NFC and AFC alternate between early/late starts. I do not think the wild card round was set in stone at all. I don't think it ever has been.

p.s. - had the Seahawks beaten the Rams, it is entirely possible that they would have been scheduled to play Washington in that early Sunday game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Guess what? If the Seahawks didn't blow 4 games to the Rams, Bengals and Panthers .. they would be off this week and the games would be at home in the afternoon/evening.

If you don't like the possibility of the playoff schedule being a challenge, should probably make it easier on yourself and not blow games against opponents during the season.

But really the only people who care about this are the fans and the media that can run a story about it. The players won't care. Its going to be hovering around 0 at kickoff Sunday, they'll be awake.

Largent80

Reaction score
Win this one, handle the next one if we do. We had back to back 10 am wins already this season.

kearly

Reaction score
If not for an epic 4th quarter collapse in Cincy and a slip by Dion Bailey at St. Louis, Seattle would be unbeaten at 10am this season.

And both those games happened during Wilson's worst stretch of his career. Now, Wilson is in the midst of one of the best stretches of QB play in NFL history.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
kearly":8r64h2bc said:
If not for an epic 4th quarter collapse in Cincy and a slip by Dion Bailey at St. Louis, Seattle would be unbeaten at 10am this season.

And both those games happened during Wilson's worst stretch of his career. Now, Wilson is in the midst of one of the best stretches of QB play in NFL history.

Yes and watching both of those games at 10 am sucked both times.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":rwixi9by said:
Guess what? If the Seahawks didn't blow 4 games to the Rams, Bengals and Panthers .. they would be off this week and the games would be at home in the afternoon/evening.

If you don't like the possibility of the playoff schedule being a challenge, should probably make it easier on yourself and not blow games against opponents during the season.

But really the only people who care about this are the fans and the media that can run a story about it. The players won't care. Its going to be hovering around 0 at kickoff Sunday, they'll be awake.

I don't care about scheduling. I'm happy they made the playoffs and that they are playing well.

ava

Reaction score
Largent80":2jvtfav5 said:
Win this one, handle the next one if we do. We had back to back 10 am wins already this season.

Largent; why is your picture that poor little dirty red bird? It disturbs me!!!!! ;)

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
This year's team does not seem to be caught off unbalanced by the 10 am PST starts. Pete Carroll has them disciplined going into the early games and they win them more than loose them lately.

Today ESPN radio in NY made a good point=the better defenses win championships (as we know) and since the bye week, overall, Seattle has been one of the stingiest teams playing D. If both defense and offense keeps playing like they have over last 8 weeks then the fans will be busy the next 5 Sundays. :)LOL

Does anyone think Kam's injury is VERY serious and the team has been downplaying it like Percy Harvin's injuries? It be a great boost to get back for this weekend Kam, Lynch, Okung and Willson.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3aoi9lbm said:
guess they should of won the division....

I don't understand this line of reasoning.

10 am starts for west coast teams have the lowest winning percentage in the league. If there is an actual impact on team performance, it seems flippant and illogical to dismiss it. If there isn’t an actual impact on team performance, dismissing it is the correct response.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ntil3kx said:
RichNhansom":1ntil3kx said:
hawksfansinceday1":1ntil3kx said:
Hawks46":1ntil3kx said:
........We wouldn't want to inconvenience GB in any way, even though they're much closer than we are. Way to go NFL.
They're a "legacy" franchise. The Hawks are not....................yet.

So much for parity or maybe the NFL meant parody. It's hard to tell.
How long have you watched the NFL?
OK, sorry to be smart ass, but XL* should've made this abundantly clear to any Seahawks fan. The endless Dallas coverage on every network should make it clear to any NFL fan.

Keep in mind, the Stealers who are one of those franchises were a laughingstock in the 50s and 60s. A franchise can win their way into that status. I am hopeful the Seahawks are in the middle of doing just that.

That's actually a fair point as the Patriots were a joke but have done that very same thing.

nepahawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2fovn958 said:
ApnaHawk":2fovn958 said:
When was the last time this was a concern during the PC Era?

It never has and it never will.

I believe Sherm said its easier to play right away then wait the whole day to play a primetime game.

Well it might not be a concern, but it IS a disadvantage. Now you can say we're the 6th seed and deserve it but the NFL could very easily schedule the game @washington early and ours late but they didn't.

Also it's a big time inconvenience for our fans. 10am kickoffs imo suck.
I think we might be better off playing an early game in Minnesota.
As far as the weather, it should be warmer at 1 instead of 4 EST.,game should be over before dark.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If you watched Pete's presser from today (Monday), he addresses the 10am start issue by explaining some of their approach. He recognizes this aspect of the game, so the team practices at 10am, and gets up and going to be awake for it. Makes sense. There are probably other strategies he isn't sharing.

Zorn76

Reaction score
We finished 5-3 away (and at home) this season.

I think we're over the 10 am start thing.

I like that the guys are gonna wake up early and be able to play a few hours later instead of waiting until the afternoon.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3b9lqi94 said:
If you watched Pete's presser from today (Monday), he addresses the 10am start issue by explaining some of their approach. He recognizes this aspect of the game, so the team practices at 10am, and gets up and going to be awake for it. Makes sense. There are probably other strategies he isn't sharing.

Yep.

“It’s not even an issue,’’ Carroll said.

He noted the team has had success in that time slot this season — including winning back-to-back games at Minnesota and Baltimore last month. He also pointed out that the Seahawks practice regularly during training camp at 10 a.m. (something they have done since 2013).

“We know how to get up and get going,’’ Carroll said. “Our guys are early risers. This is not a big deal for us.’’

Latest posts