10-6 will not be easy and may not be enough

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Worried or afraid are the wrong adjectives. Considering the possibilities is part of the drama of the season. I don't know if we'll get there or not. I know having 3 losses this early makes it harder and puts extra emphasis on the need to win. Last weeks game, to steal a phrase from Salk (who I really don't care for) was excruciating fun. We really needed that win and it hung in the balance till the very end. There were very few moments when we got experience the rush and high fives of a great play as we eeked out an ugly, come from behind victory. I expect and look forward to more of those in the coming weeks.

SC

45Hawker

Reaction score
10-6 might be good enough for a wild card in the NFC.

The Seahawks own the head-to-head tie-breaker with GB, (and Carolina if they get hot) and the only other competition I see for WC spots are Philly and SF. The game @Phi will be huge for WC implications.

We almost have to root for the Cowboys to win their division now, as they own head-to-head with us in a WC tiebreaker. It would help if Detroit wins their division too.

But, back to the OP - I'd have to agree that 10-6 seems most likely based on our play to date, and the perfect storm of misfortune that seems to happen to us every week. We'll have win the remaining home games, and get at least 2 unexpected wins from @SF, @AZ, @KC, or @Phi to get 11-5 or better. But, 10-6 could be good enough for WC.

Anyways. One. Game. At a time…

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Looking too far ahead can be disconcerting and distracting.

One game at a time, the team needs to play one game at a time. Things will work out better if they take that approach.

13-3, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, pick your poison. I'm looking at 11-5 at present but like the look of 13-3 better (all subject to revision week by week). Am unprepared to acknowledge that 10-6 is likely or even possible yet.

seahawks08

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":arw3pn5u said:
Let's just beat Oakland.

This! one game at a time. Oakland gave jitters to San Diego until they got back. Everyone gives their best to play the reigning superbowl champs. No game is easy and we just focus on winning one game at a time.

minormillikin

Reaction score
seahawks08":2l9dvuxs said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2l9dvuxs said:
Let's just beat Oakland.

This! one game at a time. Oakland gave jitters to San Diego until they got back. Everyone gives their best to play the reigning superbowl champs. No game is easy and we just focus on winning one game at a time.

Really?

My superstition (that I just made up) is that we should all talk only about the December 21st game against the Cardinals. If anyone disagrees, or does not completely believe in this, then it will be your fault if the Seahawks lose against the Raiders.

Sounds insane, you say?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":34s6otub said:
Let's just beat Oakland.

How about the team do that and the fans who are interested in future scenarios be allowed to converse on the subject while those who don't want to talk about it change threads instead of interjecting with inane comments?

It really takes no time at all to scroll past. More to type something pointless.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The wild card teams will likely be 10-6 or better. I'm thinking one from NFC West one from NFC East. The Hawk's loss to the Cowboys could really haunt them here. Lose head-to-head against Cowboys and a conference loss in the second tiebreaker. 11-5 is the record to assure a playoff berth. The good thing is that the Hawks don't need help from anyone as long as they keep winning.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
nsport":k3hot490 said:
TwistedHusky":k3hot490 said:
They lost to the Rams.

Shit happens. The Cowboys lost to the Redskins. We beat the Broncos and Packers. But lost to STL, Dallas, and San Diego. Out of those three losses, I'd say we probably should have won 2 if not for crazy circumstances.

One game at a time is the right approach. 10 wins should make the playoffs. 11 or more starts to get interesting.

Keep healthy. Keep improving. And enough with the dumb presnap penalties.

Exactly. Stop the should ' ve talk. We're getting players back and are starting to galvanize after all the team controversies. We have many important division games up ahead.
Play our brand of defense and claw our way to win on offense we will be fine.

HawkWow

Reaction score
minormillikin":2nzpxjf3 said:
seahawks08":2nzpxjf3 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2nzpxjf3 said:
Let's just beat Oakland.

Really?

My superstition (that I just made up) is that we should all talk only about the December 21st game against the Cardinals. If anyone disagrees, or does not completely believe in this, then it will be your fault if the Seahawks lose against the Raiders.

Sounds insane, you say?

Not at all.

All the time I've spent game-planning the opposition, starting the minute the schedule came out, I'm a less than impressive 4-3 for my efforts. Concentrating solely on the 12-21 game vs the Cards is not only sane, it's brilliant.

Even if it's just you and I going this route, focusing our energies exclusively on that date should give us a considerable edge in what should prove to be a very important match-up. I'm liking us 27-17 as of this writing but with about 7 weeks left to prepare, I think we can broaden that margin of victory and I personally won't rest until I am confident we win by 3 TDs.

I'm in, MM. I'm in.

minormillikin

Reaction score
HawkWow":396t29i4 said:
minormillikin":396t29i4 said:
seahawks08":396t29i4 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":396t29i4 said:
Let's just beat Oakland.

Really?

Sounds insane, you say?

Not at all.

All the time I've spent game-planning the opposition, starting the minute the schedule came out, I'm a less than impressive 4-3 for my efforts. Concentrating solely on the 12-21 game vs the Cards is not only sane, it's brilliant.

Even if it's just you and I going this route, focusing our energies exclusively on that date should give us a considerable edge in what should prove to be a very important match-up. I'm liking us 27-17 as of this writing but with about 7 weeks left to prepare, I think we can broaden that margin of victory and I personally won't rest until I am confident we win by 3 TDs.

I'm in, MM. I'm in.

Our real edge in this game is that the Cardinals will be flying north in the winter. Cute little red birds prefer to fly south at this time of year.

Due to our preparations in this forum so far, I think we are now looking at a 34-14 win against the Cardinals and a 26-9 win over the Raiders.

Keep focused on 12/21 everyone!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Well, maybe not everyone. Let's think about this. I'm unsure of how many members we have here at .net. 5000? Maybe we've been going about this the entirely wrong way. Maybe divide and conquer is actually a double edged sword. Sure the technique has been used against armies for thousands of years, mostly because of religious fanaticism, but what if we divvied this .net army up and maybe like 500 of us devote our attention to any given individual game going forward?

One poster above felt we should focus solely on the Raiders. That would certainly be in line with tradition, but this is no time for that. So let's say he and 499 other posters focus on the Raiders while the rest of us totally ignore that contest (until kick-off). You see where I'm going with this? You've come up with a strategy that I believe may revolutionize the way fanbases back their teams. Do the Cardinals have one iota that 500 of us (2 so far) are looking passed every game on the schedule between now and 12-21, focusing strictly on them? Hell no they don't know! And that's wherein the beauty of your idea lies.

Pure. Frickin. Genius. My. Man.

nsport

Reaction score
HawkWow":2skjrdso said:

Almost crazy enough to work. Fandom has its follies and foibles, it's breathtaking moments, it's legions of blind followers, and everything in between. This could be epic.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MM and I need you to join us in this crusade against the bird, nsport. 2 of us might, but also might not, get it done.

I'm old enough to remember when people said 8-track cassettes were a crazy idea. Look at 'em today.

You in bro?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":bqs1nyj1 said:
Well, maybe not everyone. Let's think about this. I'm unsure of how many members we have here at .net. 5000? Maybe we've been going about this the entirely wrong way. Maybe divide and conquer is actually a double edged sword. Sure the technique has been used against armies for thousands of years, mostly because of religious fanaticism, but what if we divvied this .net army up and maybe like 500 of us devote our attention to any given individual game going forward?

One poster above felt we should focus solely on the Raiders. That would certainly be in line with tradition, but this is no time for that. So let's say he and 499 other posters focus on the Raiders while the rest of us totally ignore that contest (until kick-off). You see where I'm going with this? You've come up with a strategy that I believe may revolutionize the way fanbases back their teams. Do the Cardinals have one iota that 500 of us (2 so far) are looking passed every game on the schedule between now and 12-21, focusing strictly on them? Hell no they don't know! And that's wherein the beauty of your idea lies.

It's not crazy if it works. Personally I worry about 2 games here on out. Kansas City and Philadelphia because we already are going 4-1 in division the rest of the way.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":1j3kd8ox said:
Looking at our schedule if we beat Oak, NYG, split with the Cards and the 9'ers and win one of the Philly/Chiefs games and beat St Louis at home we go 10 and 6. That sounds like a pretty tough row to hoe and I'm not sure it will be enough to get in the playoffs. Dallas, Philly, Detroit and Green bay all have better records than us, not to mention Arizona. Hawks have very little margin for error. I guess that's why it's so hard to repeat.

SC

And that's why they make them play the games.
The Seahawks are devoid of players @ key positions, and on top of that, there have been some really shitty Officiating in two of our three loses.
I already know that there are some around here that think that I'm pissing and moaning about those losses, and don't believe that I have a legitimate gripe, but, you know what?, I don't care, because when I see blatantly bad calls going against the Seahawks, and NUMEROUS blatant bad plays that don't get called against our opponents?, I'm always reminded of the old fake Wrestling shit I use to watch as a child, hell, even at 9 Years old, I wasn't buying most of that crap either.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
We still control our own destiny, until that changes there's little point hypothesizing on what other teams will do.

Latest posts