Why are we talking QB?

Elemas

Reaction score
There were a ton of folks around here saying PC’s offense only requires a game manager at QB. Genuinely speaking, those same people often complained about Russell’s height, his wife, etc.

We’ve now got a 6’4” guy that can hand the ball off and maybe make an occasional pass or two, check down, etc.

Why are we all giddy about landing another QB? I want to see this theme that you’ve SHOVED down peoples throats in action.

Why talk all that jazz and backtrack now? Shouldn’t be hearing Deshaun Watson’s name come up. Shouldn’t be hearing about drafting Liberty’s QB.

You got what you wanted. Build this team out and roll with it?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Charlie Whitehurst is available. Feel like this is the obvious solution.

Rat

Reaction score
If the plan was to have a "game manager" the epitome of that wouldnt still be on the Broncos' roster.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
GemCity":31wvot13 said:
There were a ton of folks around here saying PC’s offense only requires a game manager at QB. Genuinely speaking, those same people often complained about Russell’s height, his wife, etc.

We’ve now got a 6’4” guy that can hand the ball off and maybe make an occasional pass or two, check down, etc.

Why are we all giddy about landing another QB? I want to see this theme that you’ve SHOVED down peoples throats in action.

Why talk all that jazz and backtrack now? Shouldn’t be hearing Deshaun Watson’s name come up. Shouldn’t be hearing about drafting Liberty’s QB.

No one was saying that. At least, no one speaking in good faith.

"Game managers" are still pretty good quarterbacks. They need to manage the game. It's hard to manage a game well in the NFL.

Let's not be so obtuse already about this.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is a dinosaur.

Just because Pete likes something does not mean it is a good move forward.

My hope is that as old and basically over that Pete is, he at least knows that he cannot win without a QB.

He admitted to being arrogant about the defense when everyone else but him saw it. Maybe he can admit to the reality that his version of football died a long time ago and that if he wants to continue to win...he better have a good QB either this year or next.

(Is next year even a decent QB draft? Anyone know?)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Drew Lock is a good quarterback when he's not throwing it to the other team.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":ae5y5ml7 said:
GemCity":ae5y5ml7 said:

"Game managers" are still pretty good quarterbacks. They need to manage the game. It's hard to manage a game well in the NFL.

You’re right. I am being vindictive but, that negative energy was constant. You can’t make people appreciate greatness but, it was simply overbearing.

I’m a Hawks fan first but, I’ve got to be honest. I would 100% laugh at some 3-14 seasons with a game manager QB at the helm while seeing RW take another SB. Some of these .net Hawks fans deserve it.

zhawk

Reaction score
GemCity":8sji3uwu said:
Maelstrom787":8sji3uwu said:
GemCity":8sji3uwu said:

You’re right. I am being vindictive but, that negative energy was constant. You can’t make people appreciate greatness but, it was simply overbearing.

I’m a Hawks fan first but, I’ve got to be honest. I would 100% laugh at some 3-14 seasons with a game manager QB at the helm while seeing RW take another SB. Some of these .net Hawks fans deserve it.

I’m with you.