When does Peter's contract end and would you extend him

Spohawks

Reaction score
I saw in a interview where he joked about how much longer he has... "Every year its five more years".

With a super bowl win on his resume and a decade of playoffs, its hard to throw him out the door for an unkown.

The biggest question, and its the same for all coaches..."Has the NFL passed him by".

I am all for the best option available and Experience wise its hard to beat him

Cut him or extend him at the end of his contract? (As long as he is alive :) )

JGreen79

Reaction score
Honestly think it depends if this rebuild ever makes the playoffs. If it does I'm sure he gets extended.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He isn't making the playoffs.

Pete has the worst defense in the league. Teams with no defense don't go to the playoffs.

You don't need a great defense but you do need A defense. We don't have one.

renofox

Reaction score
New owners will probably go a different direction.

chrispy

Reaction score
Pete's not leaving or being forced out before next season. The timing of his departure will depend on what happens at that point. I believe he'll build on both sides of the ball and Seahawks will be a playoff team next year. Lots can happen in a few years, but I believe he'll be back in '24 too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pete's not leaving or being forced out before next season. The timing of his departure will depend on what happens at that point. I believe he'll build on both sides of the ball and Seahawks will be a playoff team next year. Lots can happen in a few years, but I believe he'll be back in '24 too.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^ I know the Pete hatin' Snivelers don't like it, but -->I DON'T CARE<--
Us old bastard$ need to stick together, I say "Give the kid a couple more years to prove that he's a great HC, HE'S EARNED IT!"

Rainger

Reaction score
Don't care what the haters have to say. Facts are Facts, PC is the greatest coach the Hawks have ever had and will continue to be. He is not going anywhere until he is ready. Will he win another SB, cant say it is such a hard thing to do in the new modern NFL tied to Vegas and parity. But the Hawks WILL be a better team now that they have moved on.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No. While this rookie class looks fantastic I'm still skeptical he can rebuild a contending team because the previous drafts have been terrible and FA/Trades have been just as bad overall.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hand him a bottle of Geritol and his walking papers. The team will never be relevant again under Pete Carroll.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I highly doubt that Pete is going to be reupped. He will be 75 years old by the time that contract expires. I don't see management wanting to risk that. I could be wrong though, Paterno did coach until he was 85 years old after all.

I probably would go a different way, especially if his defense doesn't get its act together. We've been a mediocre to extremely poor on defense since 2018. Sometimes we'll get it together for the last bits of the season -- but a theme here has been weak defensive performances under Pete for years now.

I will give him credit for what he's done for the offense over the years. He has seemed to be able to find offensive talent readily. On the defensive side of the ball it's been pretty bad.

balakoth

Reaction score
He isn't making the playoffs.

Pete has the worst defense in the league. Teams with no defense don't go to the playoffs.

You don't need a great defense but you do need A defense. We don't have one.
Thats why its a rebuild.. and no one said this year? LOL

Donn2390

Reaction score
I highly doubt that Pete is going to be reupped. He will be 75 years old by the time that contract expires. I don't see management wanting to risk that. I could be wrong though, Paterno did coach until he was 85 years old after all.

I probably would go a different way, especially if his defense doesn't get its act together. We've been a mediocre to extremely poor on defense since 2018. Sometimes we'll get it together for the last bits of the season -- but a theme here has been weak defensive performances under Pete for years now.

I will give him credit for what he's done for the offense over the years. He has seemed to be able to find offensive talent readily. On the defensive side of the ball it's been pretty bad.
True, the LOB really sucked....

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
True, the LOB really sucked....
Yes and that was over 10 years ago that he assembled the LOB. Since 2018 our defenses have been mediocre to downright close to the worst in the NFL. What have we done on defense since the LOB members have come and gone?

In addition to this, there were rule changes aimed directly at the Seahawks defensive dominance back in the mid 2010s.