When can we make this happen?

keasley45

Reaction score
It's time for the retros to make an appearance or for whatever rules that keep us from wearing them to be changed. Guaranteed we win whatever game we play in them...the guys would be that hyped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220801-180503_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220801-180503_Chrome.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 22

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
2023. The rules preventing this from happening have already been done away with. Now, the supply chain/creation of the set is to blame for the year extra delay.
All the big throwbacks that require an overhauled color scheme and/or restyling due to the modern cut being nearly sleeveless are slated for 2023. Eagles kelly green, Tampa creamsicles, Seahawks sleevehawk throwback, etc.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
2023. The rules preventing this from happening have already been done away with. Now, the supply chain/creation of the set is to blame for the year extra delay.
All the big throwbacks that require an overhauled color scheme and/or restyling due to the modern cut being nearly sleeveless are slated for 2023. Eagles kelly green, Tampa creamsicles, Seahawks sleevehawk throwback, etc.
Nice. Well, not nice that we have to wait another year, but nice that it's on the horizon. I'd be for a refresh of the current unis. New team, new era, plus it would be pretty dope to have gone to the superbowl within 20 years in three different uniforms:

Holmgrens Hawks.
PC's Hawks Gen 1.
PC's Hawks, Gen 2.

Calling it now. We make the change (not just a retro, but a refresh), we're winning a championship that year.

New unis = 2023 = The most Superb of Owls.

toffee

Reaction score
Our vintage 1st gen uniform was the best, sharp color, great graphic. So much easier on my eyes.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As an original 12 (1976 bitches, yep I'm old), born and raised 20 miles south of Seattle I LOVED our retros. The royal blue, silver helmets, great logo paying respect to the Pacific Northwest native Americans, the green, all symbolizing the beauty of the PNW was such a fantastic, easy way to root for this team from the beginning. However, as we all know, there was much heartache in those uniforms as well. The abysmal 1990's stand out. Yet, I still have such affection for them after all these years. I honestly believe if I wasn't a Seahawks fan I would still think the Hawks had some of the coolest uniforms back in the day.

Having said all that, I LOVED when the "New Era" uniforms came out. Some don't care for them but I always thought they looked sick from the start. And yes, of course the loyalty is cemented that they won their only Super Bowl to date in them. I am not sure we need some total new refresh. They look as stylish to me today as they did when they first came out years ago, but I wouldn't turn down some tweaks here and there. Especially alternate helmets/unis, but yes, dear God, bring back the retros ASAP. If even for one or two games a season starting in 2023.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'd like todays helmet logo with chrome helmets, super dark blue almost black jersey with bright green trim. Yah, I know I'm sick. The dark blue being the stroms that are building for anyone who comes to town.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I grew up in Maine, but I've been a Seahawks fan from the start. I had started playing football with neighborhood kids in 1975. In 1976, I was ready to start actually following the NFL, not just occasionally catching part of a game when my dad was watching. I wish I could "wake up" my dad (he's been gone for over a decade) and ask him whether a preseason game with an expansion team from all the way across the country was for some reason on TV in Maine in 1976 or if it was just highlights or something. One thing I do know, because I've looked it up, is that the Seahawks did not play the Patriots that preseason.

Anyway, I saw those uniforms on the TV screen and asked my dad what team that was, and when he told me, I decided on the spot that that was my team. Dad thought it was really cool that I had my own team, and even though I don't think he would ever have called himself a Seahawks fan, he went out of his way to support me in being a Seahawks fan a lot over the years. Dad missed XLVIII by almost three years. When I was finally arriving for my first Seahawks home game in 2019 and I was on a train full of people in Seahawks gear (after having been the only Seahawks fan I know for basically the entire time from the 1976 preseason until that moment), there was quite a bit of dust in the train as I wished I could call Dad and talk to him about it. The dust problem in the stadium is pretty serious, too. They really oughta look into that. It got so dusty right when I saw I was seated in front of the sign representing Jacob Green's spot in the Seahawks Ring of Honor.

Getting back to the main point, it was the original uniforms (with the stripes on the sleeves, before they added the Seahawks logo there) that got my attention and made me a Seahawks fan.

I find things to like about both the originals (and the 1983-2001 version with blue facemasks on the helmets and Seahawks logos on the sleeves) and the current uniform. I made sure to represent both in what I wore to my first Seahawks home game in 2019. I wore a Zorn throwback jersey to represent the original and my first childhood sports hero, and I wore a college-navy cap with the updated Seahawks logo to represent the new and XLVIII. I plan to do the opposite at my next Seahawks home game, going with a current jersey and one of the two old-logo caps I have (one is royal blue and the other is green).

One thing I saw on the train on my way to the Seahawks game in 2019 was a guy wearing a current jersey, but with the number 80 on it. Since we were both sitting, I couldn't casually walk around to see what name was printed on the back, so I just asked the guy. He told me "Largent," and I thought that was pretty damn cool and told the guy I did. Afterward, I saw him explaining to the woman with him why I had asked the question.

I got so annoyed when I couldn't find a way to buy a current or throwback jersey with the number 79 and the name GREEN. I tried the custom jerseys on the Pro Shop's site, but that combination wasn't allowed.

I'm pretty happy that we'll be seeing throwback unis. They remind me of my childhood, of my dad, of Zorn as my first sports hero, of countless pickup games played wearing a numberless royal-blue Seahawks jersey and a silver-with-a-gray-facemask Seahawks helmet, of staying up late to watch when the Seahawks were on Monday Night Football, of fake field goals and Efren Herrera, of being known as the town Seahawks fan, of the magical '83 season, and of the Seahawks games Dad took me to see in Foxborough in '84 and '86. If I end up with an easy way to buy a #79 throwback jersey with "GREEN" on the back, that'll just be an extra bonus.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice post! I'm sorry your dad wasn't there to witness XLVIII with you (well not physically at least but I am sure he was there). I'm curious as to why the Pro Shop wouldn't allow 79/Green? It's only one of the greatest players in franchise history. That makes no sense to me. I get if you are trying to customize something profane but Green? I would look into that further. Maybe try the NFL site, Fanatics, or whatnot. Good luck!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I grew up with the original version.

But our SB teams had some fantastic ones. Probably my favorite. Not a fan of the neon green jerseys but I prefer the uniforms from our dominant era over the others. It might just be associating those uniforms with those fantastic memories though.

I don't mind them changing over. It feels that we are entering a new era and I don't want to see us looking like a shell of what we were. So a switch to whatever is fine.

My favorites will always be the versions Lynch, Kam, Browner, Sherman, Bobby, and all the rest wore. Probably because they were so damned good in those, but those are fantastic uniforms. Even the whites.

toffee

Reaction score
I grew up in Maine, but I've been a Seahawks fan from the start. I had started playing football with neighborhood kids in 1975. In 1976, I was ready to start actually following the NFL, not just occasionally catching part of a game when my dad was watching. I wish I could "wake up" my dad (he's been gone for over a decade) and ask him whether a preseason game with an expansion team from all the way across the country was for some reason on TV in Maine in 1976 or if it was just highlights or something. One thing I do know, because I've looked it up, is that the Seahawks did not play the Patriots that preseason.

Anyway, I saw those uniforms on the TV screen and asked my dad what team that was, and when he told me, I decided on the spot that that was my team. Dad thought it was really cool that I had my own team, and even though I don't think he would ever have called himself a Seahawks fan, he went out of his way to support me in being a Seahawks fan a lot over the years. Dad missed XLVIII by almost three years. When I was finally arriving for my first Seahawks home game in 2019 and I was on a train full of people in Seahawks gear (after having been the only Seahawks fan I know for basically the entire time from the 1976 preseason until that moment), there was quite a bit of dust in the train as I wished I could call Dad and talk to him about it. The dust problem in the stadium is pretty serious, too. They really oughta look into that. It got so dusty right when I saw I was seated in front of the sign representing Jacob Green's spot in the Seahawks Ring of Honor.

Getting back to the main point, it was the original uniforms (with the stripes on the sleeves, before they added the Seahawks logo there) that got my attention and made me a Seahawks fan.

I find things to like about both the originals (and the 1983-2001 version with blue facemasks on the helmets and Seahawks logos on the sleeves) and the current uniform. I made sure to represent both in what I wore to my first Seahawks home game in 2019. I wore a Zorn throwback jersey to represent the original and my first childhood sports hero, and I wore a college-navy cap with the updated Seahawks logo to represent the new and XLVIII. I plan to do the opposite at my next Seahawks home game, going with a current jersey and one of the two old-logo caps I have (one is royal blue and the other is green).

One thing I saw on the train on my way to the Seahawks game in 2019 was a guy wearing a current jersey, but with the number 80 on it. Since we were both sitting, I couldn't casually walk around to see what name was printed on the back, so I just asked the guy. He told me "Largent," and I thought that was pretty damn cool and told the guy I did. Afterward, I saw him explaining to the woman with him why I had asked the question.

I got so annoyed when I couldn't find a way to buy a current or throwback jersey with the number 79 and the name GREEN. I tried the custom jerseys on the Pro Shop's site, but that combination wasn't allowed.

I'm pretty happy that we'll be seeing throwback unis. They remind me of my childhood, of my dad, of Zorn as my first sports hero, of countless pickup games played wearing a numberless royal-blue Seahawks jersey and a silver-with-a-gray-facemask Seahawks helmet, of staying up late to watch when the Seahawks were on Monday Night Football, of fake field goals and Efren Herrera, of being known as the town Seahawks fan, of the magical '83 season, and of the Seahawks games Dad took me to see in Foxborough in '84 and '86. If I end up with an easy way to buy a #79 throwback jersey with "GREEN" on the back, that'll just be an extra bonus.
Nice story, thank for sharing.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I grew up with the original version.

But our SB teams had some fantastic ones. Probably my favorite. Not a fan of the neon green jerseys but I prefer the uniforms from our dominant era over the others. It might just be associating those uniforms with those fantastic memories though.

I don't mind them changing over. It feels that we are entering a new era and I don't want to see us looking like a shell of what we were. So a switch to whatever is fine.

My favorites will always be the versions Lynch, Kam, Browner, Sherman, Bobby, and all the rest wore. Probably because they were so damned good in those, but those are fantastic uniforms. Even the whites.

I definitely associate the current colors with the success of 2012-2016 and the utter dominance in 2013. I also associate them with some of my all-time favorite Seahawks, like Wagner, Sherman, Chancellor, ETIII (for a few years, he was my favorite NFL player), that crazy DL rotation in 2013, Beast Mode, ADB, No-E, 2012-2014 Wilson, etc.

And yes, I find the current unis really nice-lookin'. I prefer the college navy jerseys over the whites, but as @TwistedHusky says, the whites are pretty great too. And the whites have the extra association with XLVIII. Dad didn't make it to XLVIII, but I had started following the NFL more closely again in 2013 as a way to stay closer to my mom. In addition to following the Seahawks as closely as I could, I watched a lot of non-Seahawks games to be able to talk to my mom about them. We talked a lot about football, and we watched XLVIII "together," Mom in her house in Maine and me in the "cell" (suite) near the University of São Paulo where I lived at the time. So the current unis remind me of the closer connection I developed with my mom over the last decade of her life.

Even the fluorescent-green uniforms have positive associations with specific players and moments (No-E's seemingly impossible toe-tap TD in a Thursday-night game against the Rams in 2019 comes to mind). I had been neutral on them for a while (never against them, though), but I ended up liking those too.

It's kinda weird that "wolf grey" sounds so cool, but the actual unis look like poorly laundered whites on TV. Even so, I still like even those.

I think the previous uniforms (2002-2011) are my least-favorites, probably at least in part because it was very hard for me to follow the Seahawks closely in the aughts, but I still like even those. The Beastquake happened in those uniforms.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's kinda weird that "wolf grey" sounds so cool, but the actual unis look like poorly laundered whites on TV. Even so, I still like even those.

I think the previous uniforms (2002-2011) are my least-favorites, probably at least in part because it was very hard for me to follow the Seahawks closely in the aughts, but I still like even those. The Beastquake happened in those uniforms.

Yeah, never cared for the wolf greys. Like you, to me they just looked like dirty off whites (not as bad as those atrocities the Rams wear, yuck). They should have gone with a darker shade of grey to leave no doubt. I also have the 2002-2011 uni's as my least favorites. They just seemed so drab and dreary. At the time I loved the change from silver to blue helmets but it didn't take long before I missed the silvers again. I still do and would love a nice metallic silver to become one of our alternate helmets.

Still love the current logo and helmet. Would really love to see the Hawk on the sleeves again. Or at least shoulder pad area instead of just the Nike logo.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
(not as bad as those atrocities the Rams wear, yuck)

Until somebody proves otherwise, I'm just assuming that whoever designed the current Rams logos and uniforms hates the Rams a lot.

Even Eric uh... Dickerson says the new Rams logo looks like a penis.

I just can't figure out how they got the laughingstock-ugly unis and logo past top team people who don't hate the team.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
As an original 12 (1976 bitches, yep I'm old), born and raised 20 miles south of Seattle I LOVED our retros. The royal blue, silver helmets, great logo paying respect to the Pacific Northwest native Americans, the green, all symbolizing the beauty of the PNW was such a fantastic, easy way to root for this team from the beginning. However, as we all know, there was much heartache in those uniforms as well. The abysmal 1990's stand out. Yet, I still have such affection for them after all these years. I honestly believe if I wasn't a Seahawks fan I would still think the Hawks had some of the coolest uniforms back in the day.

Having said all that, I LOVED when the "New Era" uniforms came out. Some don't care for them but I always thought they looked sick from the start. And yes, of course the loyalty is cemented that they won their only Super Bowl to date in them. I am not sure we need some total new refresh. They look as stylish to me today as they did when they first came out years ago, but I wouldn't turn down some tweaks here and there. Especially alternate helmets/unis, but yes, dear God, bring back the retros ASAP. If even for one or two games a season starting in 2023.

I love the latest Unis too. There's just something about the bright whites and all around brighter look of the old color scheme in that shot.

Agree, the new logo look 10000x better on the helmet.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
How cool would the silver throwbacks be with some hint of the current uniform, such as the feathers down the helmet spine in blue? Yes, please.

I agree with those of you appreciating the uniforms of the last decade. Still, to see the old uniforms back again recalling the Zorn-to-Largent days... that would rock! #sleevehawk

Rainger

Reaction score
Not born in Seattle but moved there in 1960. Went through school there and played football at Glendale JH and Glacier High both in the Highline district. (South Seattle, Burien, Whitecenter, etc.)

Yea I am old as well. Was a Raiders fan from 1960/61. (Loved their jersey) But switched to the Hawks in 1976.

That was a long winded way of saying I too have been with the Hawks since the start and have been at, listened on the radio or seen on TV every game.

I too loved the uniforms from back then and would LOVE ❤️ to see the team go back to the old silver and blue not just occasionally but for every game.

Aros use your influence and make it happen please.

Last edited: