Two Browns players robbed at gunpoint

CouchLogic

Reaction score
They all get to pick out a candy bar at the register with their haul.

pmedic920

Reaction score
A six man crew? Seems a lot of dividing the take six ways, weird!
Some of those guys wear “bling” worth thousands, and at a nightclub it’s very likely they were decked out.

Hell, even a stolen Rolex could bring good money.

No doubt these players were scoped out and followed, possibly even set up.

My opinion?
These guys have the money, they could pay an armed bodyguard for the evening. They will work for $500-1500 per night. Hire a dam driver too.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seriously though, when you're out-and-about nothing good happens after midnight. Just get home at a reasonable time and this sort of thing is way less likely.
In my day, if you were home at midnight on a weekend, you were considered a square. I wish I had a nickel for every time I closed down a bar. Boys will be boys.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Same here, but times have greatly changed since the Victorian era... :p I imagine these guys go hang out in fancy clubs in big cities, where I would be closing down a dive bar in a little town. Certainly there weren't groups of people stalking me with guns!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Same here, but times have greatly changed since the Victorian era... :p I imagine these guys go hang out in fancy clubs in big cities, where I would be closing down a dive bar in a little town. Certainly there weren't groups of people stalking me with guns!
You can count on it.

These guys, I’m sure are paying for “bottle service” and probably not blinking at $1000 or more per bottle.

They ain’t hanging out in places like we do/did, and unfortunately the crooks know where to find their marks.

Like I said, pay for a driver at least. No DWI, no dark walk to a parking garage.
Call the driver when you’re ready and they pull up at front door.
I’m a broke mofo and I’ve even done it, no reason for them not to.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can count on it.

These guys, I’m sure are paying for “bottle service” and probably not blinking at $1000 or more per bottle.

They ain’t hanging out in places like we do/did, and unfortunately the crooks know where to find their marks.

Like I said, pay for a driver at least. No DWI, no dark walk to a parking garage.
Call the driver when you’re ready and they pull up at front door.
I’m a broke mofo and I’ve even done it, no reason for them not to.
Did you do it in your 20's when hanging with a friend out for the night? Doubtful, you were probably never thinking about it and were indestructible like most young people believe they are. These guys don't think they are targets they feel they are the Alphas of society.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Did you do it in your 20's when hanging with a friend out for the night? Doubtful, you were probably never thinking about it and were indestructible like most young people believe they are. These guys don't think they are targets they feel they are the Alphas of society.
No I didn’t.

Two things on that though.

1) that type of robbery was much less common when I was in my 20s, least it seems so in my mind

2) I wasn’t a millionaire when I was in my
20s

2.5) I don’t recall many athletes wearing that type of bling and such back when I was in my 20s

I see your point though, and I’ve always said the the NFL should do a better job of preparing these “kids” for their new lives.
Maybe their parents should be playing a role as well, obviously debatable due to them being legal adults.

Fact is, there’s multiple things that can or should be done to mitigate/lower the risk of being robbed like they were, and even if they weren’t thinking about it they should have been. Hopefully whatever they lost was insured but that also would have required just a bit of maturity.
It’s a blessing they weren’t hurt (apparently) and I’m sure they learned a valuable lesson that they can pass along.