Thursday Night Football - Another Barn Burner

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Washington Commanders and Chicago Bears, Commanders lead 3 - 0 at halftime.

Thursday Night Football, let's kick.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Yeah, don't know why I watched this whole thing (maybe 'cause I pay for Prime and just want to get my money's worth?), but wow this game stunk.

Fields isn't great but his team is doing him no favors. Wentz is almost sad to watch.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Bad football for sure, but still watchable. I participate in a Pick-em league and had taken the Commanders, so it kept my interest.

Justin Fields is horrible, another Bears QB first round bust. I can't remember the last time the Bears had a decent Pro Bowl caliber QB, Jim McMahan maybe? I was a little surprised at Rivera opting to attempt a FG on 4th and 4 from the Bears 30 when it wouldn't even give him a 2 score lead. Is that what analytics was telling him?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

The great quarterback draft class of 2021 doesn’t look so hot. Trevor and Zach might still be busts along with Fields. Mac Jones can’t stay on the field and Trey Lance is Off of it for the year.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Sure, the Thursday-night games might create an extra injury risk for the players, and you have to have Amazon Prime to watch them, but at least the actual games are great and really worth watching! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Thursday games are just the worst football viewing experience. If they happen at all, it should always be following a bye.
Not practical from a scheduling standpoint. There's only 4-6 teams a week that get a bye, and to match two of them up each and ever Thursday would be extremely problematic to say the least. Besides, they need to conserve the bye weeks for teams that play overseas the previous week.

From a player's standpoint, I don't see there being a huge difference between playing a game on a Thursday vs. a full contact practice. The Cowboys and Lions have been playing a Thursday game for over 50 years, and I've never heard them complaining.

Scheduling only divisional games on a Thursday is a possibility, but I'm not sure what the purpose would be so long as every team has to play an equal number of games on a Thursday.