The new season starts tomorrow, how excited are you right now?

Current excitement level

• I am all the way jacked up!!!

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • I am getting there, can't wait to see the new guys.

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Meh, I already know how the season is going to go.

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

Spohawks

Reaction score
With the new season apoun us, how pumped are you right now?

We all know with Walker's fresh legs and Pennies late surge last season that the running game is going to be lit! With one of the top WR combos in the NFL and Fant, scoring a 50 burgers is insight every week.

We don't need Wilson, Montana or Vick, we need a game manager...the rest of the offence is extreamly talanted and can win enough to make the playoffs!

The new 3-4 has tremendous upside!
The sacks will be up, the ground game will be stopped and the rookies in the backfield will hopefully have a huge impact. We only picked up the best Defensive Back award winner and a monster sized bro who runs a 4.2 forty (or some crazy number) Speed KILLS!

COUNT ME IN FOR SUPER JACKED, THE HAWKS AIN'T PLAYING IN 2022!!!

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm excited to see Kenneth Walker III and Penny and a pounding Seahawks running game. Looking at it as a 2010-2011 type of season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score

We all know with Walker's fresh legs and Pennies late surge last season that the running game is going to be lit! With one of the top WR combos in the NFL and Fant, scoring a 50 burgers is insight every week.

We don't need Wilson, Montana or Vick, we need a game manager...the rest of the offence is extreamly talanted and can win enough to make the playoffs!

The sacks will be up, the ground game will be stopped and the rookies in the backfield will hopefully have a huge impact. We only picked up the best Defensive Back award winner and a monster sized bro who runs a 4.2 forty (or some crazy number) Speed KILLS!

I'd love to have a Montana..The best game manager ever along with Brady.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not pumped at all. Even in our best years, the start of training camp is more of a downer if anything as it means that we're on the downslope side of summer. The other factor in my emotional equation is that I've learned to keep my expectations on the low side. If those expectations are realized, I'm less distraught as I expected it, and if they are exceeded, I'm more excited than I would have been had I anticipated it.

This season, the most fitting term to describe my attitude is curious. I'm anxious to see what our new bookends look like, what the new players from the trade (Lock, Fant, and Harris) have to contribute, what our new defensive alignment will look like, and so on.

Rosco

Reaction score

Truth be told, Lock isn’t a “game manager/system” type QB. If Lock clicks and figures it out he’ll be more of a Matt Stafford type QB.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've never had an off season where I wasn't excited about the upcoming season, ever. Shoot, l was stoked for 93, after they went 2-14 in 92. You're either in or you're not. Love this team, love NFL Football, regardless what their record was the previous season. They made the playoffs 8 of 10 years and a couple Super Bowl trips. This fanbase (much of it) has become so spoiled that they can't even just accept that EVERY team will have down years, a rebuild, revamp etc.

Last edited:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Our record from last year deserves an added asterisk. I am really excited by the additions this years draft provided and will relish seeing them bloom into the heart and soul of our new Seahawk team of the future. I'm already excited to see what happens in the draft next spring! No cake is complete without a good frosting.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I've never had an off season where I wasn't excited about the upcoming season, ever. Shoot, l was stoked for 93, after they went 2-14 in 92. You're either in or you're not. Love this team, love NFL Football, regardless what their record was the previous season.
At the end of the ‘92 season I was walking into a building decked out in a Seahawks jacket and hat. I was briefly stopped by a guy who said, “ you must be a real fan”. I said “yep” and walked away. He’s probably still shaking his head. 🤣 Yeah, I’m excited.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
It is a double edged sword, I do look forward to the new NFL season, upcoming fantasy drafts and working out how the Hawks will do but it's always a reminder that the summer is coming to an end!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

What do you mean, “THE HAWKS AINT PLAYING IN 2022”? Have I missed something? I would absolutely hate it if they weren’t playing in 2022.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of my greatest passions in life since an early age has always been my Seahawks. So regardless of situation, new or let go/released/retired coaches, players, new or old schemes, how poor or great they are projected, I am always stoked for the new season. Unlike some of you I actually prefer Fall over Summer, especially these days when 90's and wildfires are no longer a rarity here in the Pacific Northwest, but the norm.

BASF

Reaction score
I have seen too many things from the NFL to be excited about football in general nowadays. However, I am very excited about the Seahawks upcoming season. There are too many variables on this team to not be excited. I am very excited to see how the defense will function now that the pathetic KNJ has been relieved of his duties two seasons too late.

sc85sis

Reaction score
There's a lot to be curious about, if not downright excited. The team has undergone major changes during the offseason.
  • What will the new D look like, and how well will they do now that Bobby is gone?
  • Who will win the QB competition?
  • Can Penny pick up where he left off at the end of last season? Will Walker be as good as we think he will?
  • We have a bunch of rookies and other young guys who could see a lot of playing time. Can they live up to expectations this year or will it take a year or two for them to get up to speed?
Etc.

I can't wait for the season to start. And I'd love to lose these 100-degree days we're having in TX, too.