The more I watch the Hawks the more I am glad...

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I think we got the better deal for Russ. It is obvious from comments from his former teammates that there was a lot going on under this smiling "good guy Seahawk ambassador" facade. His performances at Denver have not been stellar. He has been sacked several times today. I am glad he is gone. Let someone else deal with this guy. In the meantime we have some wonderful chances to get great first and second round picks complements of Wilson and the Broncs.

djb28

Reaction score
I am happy with the way it is going so far. Fix our Defense and we can compete!

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
The Raiders just beat the Broncs. I do not like the Raiders but was very happy the Broncs lost. Russ's performance continues to underwhelm.

Scout

Reaction score
Wilson had a good game if you look at the stats. But that third quarter was brutal though as Denver's offense allowed the Raiders favorable field position. Despite Denver's defense being very good the Broncos as a team simply did not play well for four quarters.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Wilson had a good game if you look at the stats. But that third quarter was brutal though as Denver's offense allowed the Raiders favorable field position. Despite Denver's defense being very good the Broncos as a team simply did not play well for four quarters.

But if you look at the game and Russ's throws in context of down/distance, the stats (along with the worst-opportunity sacks) don't look nearly as good.

warden

Reaction score
Not only did we get picks and a bunch of players, we are not on the hook for a fifty million dollar a year contract. That is a lot of cap space for a QB with declining skills

Rat

Reaction score
Russ' losses have been to the winless Raiders, and a game where they only scored 16 points on a team that just surrendered 45 to the Lions' B team.

Scout

Reaction score
Expect to see defensive coordinators going back to cover 2 high shell to stop Wilson from attempting passes downfield.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Russ' losses have been to the winless Raiders, and a game where they only scored 16 points on a team that just surrendered 45 to the Lions' B team.
I can see Denver going 9-8 or 10-7 and missing the playoffs . They could easily be 1-3

toffee

Reaction score
I'm just loving our new offense. Spreading the ball around, throwing short, medium, and long. Throwing to TEs. Running the ball. Far fewer three and outs. Don't care about what's his name.
We didn't punt today.

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I'm just loving our new offense. Spreading the ball around, throwing short, medium, and long. Throwing to TEs. Running the ball. Far fewer three and outs. Don't care about what's his name.
Absolutely!

Rainger

Reaction score
It is not a new offence, I am sure it was the same, the difference is the QB play, using the pocket, passing over the middle, seeing 2nd and third reads, and making adjustments at the line, all things RW would not do.

toffee

Reaction score
It is not a new offence, I am sure it was the same, the difference is the QB play, using the pocket, passing over the middle, seeing 2nd and third reads, and making adjustments at the line, all things RW would not do.
I think Russ did make adjustments at the line, even change some plays. I think the coaches are comfortable enough with Geno that they are allowing him to do whatever when the headset is off.

Rainger

Reaction score
I think Russ did make adjustments at the line, even change some plays. I think the coaches are comfortable enough with Geno that they are allowing him to do whatever when the headset is off.
My point is RW wanted to play hero ball, yea he made adjustments that might make him look good, then he would bail out backwards take a sack and everyone blamed the play calling and the O line. Geno doesn't do that.

toffee

Reaction score
My point is RW wanted to play hero ball, yea he made adjustments that might make him look good, then he would bail out backwards take a sack and everyone blamed the play calling and the O line. Geno doesn't do that.
Yes indeed! part of Russ' locker room problems.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Russ had the same freedom but the results were a bit, shall we say, hero-ball like.

I appreciate that Geno operates within the system and as a member of “the team”.