The Last of Us

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The game was pretty good, but nothing special. Well made overall, but gameplay and other aspects are pretty bland. Surprised it was as popular as it was.

Hopefully the TV show is better because I do like zombies. I'll probably check it out soon.

MyrtleHawk

is totally a
Reaction score
Saw the 2nd episode...It's really getting good. I like how they're incorporating scenes from the past to help create the story better as opposed to making the timeline from start to finish.

xray

Reaction score
More zombies ? It's been done to death imo .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Saw the 2nd episode...It's really getting good. I like how they're incorporating scenes from the past to help create the story better as opposed to making the timeline from start to finish.

2nd episode was just OK for me.

Some pretty bad inter-personal dialogue between Ellie and Joe. Not sure why every kid cast now has to be some smart ass precocious brat. But here we are again.

But yes, I do think the show picks back up again once they get to wherever Nick Offerman is. Cause as we all know, Nick Offerman makes everything better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can't wait to start this show. Trying to finish up The Last Kingdom then I'm jumping in.

Not sure if you're a reader, but if you're into Last Kingdom, check out the Cornwell book series it's based from, The Saxon Tales.
Historical Fiction is probably my favorite literary genre, and IMO this is one of the best historical fiction series ever written.

PNW25

Reaction score
Not sure if you're a reader, but if you're into Last Kingdom, check out the Cornwell book series it's based from, The Saxon Tales.
Historical Fiction is probably my favorite literary genre, and IMO this is one of the best historical fiction series ever written.

I love to read so I’ll check this out. Thanks for sharing!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I was super skeptical that this series was going to be worthwhile, video game adaptions are always so bad, but after watching episode 1 I'm all in.

The intro. scene that's set in the past was not a part of the game IIRC, and I felt like it was an awesome little piece of storytelling to blend the super topical issues of pandemics and global warming/climate change into the established story from the original game. I wasn't sold on Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey until watching the premier and now I'm pretty certain they'll crush their roles of Joel and Ellie.
Seems like zombies. Which I'm not super into as a genre but it's got Din Djarin and little Lyanna Mormont in it so I'm willing to let it be what it is.
They're not zombies, they're infected hosts, and they'll probably do everything in their power to avoid the 'Z' word in this show.
The game was pretty good, but nothing special. Well made overall, but gameplay and other aspects are pretty bland. Surprised it was as popular as it was.

Hopefully the TV show is better because I do like zombies. I'll probably check it out soon.
Interesting. I thought the game, specifically the gameplay's brutality and clear evolution of their work with Uncharted was fantastic. The story required emotional investment, and I thought it was a cool story back in the day. It's nothing super original, but if the player was invested I felt like it really hit some nice tones. Because of this and their ability (and seemingly their willingness) to rip scenes straight from the game, I think it'll end up being a great series.
2nd episode was just OK for me.

Some pretty bad inter-personal dialogue between Ellie and Joe. Not sure why every kid cast now has to be some smart ass precocious brat. But here we are again.

But yes, I do think the show picks back up again once they get to wherever Nick Offerman is. Cause as we all know, Nick Offerman makes everything better.
I can't wait to see Bill played by Offerman. Not going to spoil anything beyond that's a great section of the game for humor and action.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The storytelling and scenery were great. However, the action and gameplay felt a little underwhelming for my tastes. It felt like an uncharted game with how enemies attack, and how you have to sneak around them. Not bad at all, but definitely generic feeling to me.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I'm a total bitch when it comes to judging video games lol. I nitpick every last detail. Maybe I should get into game design....
Nah that's totally fair. IMO it's like a slower paced Uncharted game with some cool little gadget crafting and smarter AI, and I don't think that's necessarily for everyone.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Bad acting. Most shows are cringe and go on too long anyway. I don't get why we need games turned to shows all of a sudden. Who cares. Also the "Clickers" is a total rip off of the "Lickers" from Resident Evil 2 game.

MyrtleHawk

is totally a
Reaction score
Ehhhh, I can somewhat see a little comparison but for the most part I disagree. In the very least, I didn't think of Lickers when I saw the Clickers on the show.

B9d0adba 2f9f 4fa5 b266 f143094a60cbHow The Last of Us Clickers were born

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiight wow. I thought episode 2 was good. The museum scene was great, as it was in the game. The clicker's designs and the way they were presented were so well done and gave me a big ol' nerdrection.

Episode 3, though. I was expecting a ton of humor, distrust, action and gore, but we got one of the most beautiful love stories I can remember watching on a TV show. Offerman and Bartlett (who totally stole the show in S1 of The White Lotus) absolutely crushed this episode. To watch a doomsday prepper like Bill turn into such a tender, caring man and find love at the end of the world was super touching. The scene where they eat the strawberries and they're so giddy was so sweet. The symbolism of trading a gun for a packet of seeds was pretty cool too.

They completely threw me for a loop with the Bill/Frank background. Joel/Ellie get what they need and kind of end up in the same place post-Bill as they do in the game, and I think they did a masterful job of getting us there a different way with the show. Fantastic episode. I'm glad to see they've done both video game scenes and original scenes so well, and they're not relying on some big action piece in each episode to keep the audience mindlessly entertained. They're letting the story and the world breathe, and I think it'll be better for it in the long run.

xray

Reaction score
The 3rd episode seems to have drawn mostly crickets here . Devoting an entire episode to a gay couple , living a wonderful life in a perfect little town , while the rest of the world is in shambles , was a reach too far . This seemed like a break or a filler episode to me . IMO

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I thought the episode was excellent as well. Can't say I was expecting that storyline considering how it started with Bill being this rough and tough survivalist. Great series so far and really happy to see no comparison to the walking dead.