The elephant in the room will Aaron Rodgers play against us?

Tokadub

Reaction score
So from my understanding anyone who is in the NFL whom is un-vaccinated will be tested DAILY to see if they are positive with Covid-19?

So why does not 1 single news source ask the 100% obvious question according to the NFL's COVID-19 MANDATES!!!???

"Is it possible Aaron Rodgers will not test positive one single time for the next 10 days??? IF HE DOES HE MISSES 2 weeks!"

From my understanding if he tests positive one more time in the next 10 days he will automatically miss the game vs the Seahawks due to NFL mandates and restrictions...

WHY IS THE MEDIA IGNORING THIS FACT???

The media is just going to disgustingly focus on politics and say he's privileged etc? But they will LET HIM BE PRIVILEGED if they don't call him out! He needs to be tested AGAIN according to the NFL COVID-19 POLICY!!!

For the record, I do not believe any free American should be FORCED to take ANYTHING into their body... but I'm still wondering why the media is ignoring the elephant in the room and just allowing him to go off the grid for 10 days with no tests until he plays us (that's what it seems like).

I appreciate the freedom of speech this forum allows, I have no intention of going to the joke censored Reddit or other similar platforms.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My understanding of the procedure for unvaccinated players that test positive have to isolate for 10 days after which they must have been free of any symptoms for 24 hours prior to being allowed to rejoin their team. There is no mention of additional testing. Rodgers said that he had experienced symptoms so it's assumed that he falls under the following section:

Any individual (including players) who is not “fully vaccinated” and tests positive
for COVID-19 will NOT be allowed to travel, access any Club facility or have
direct contact with any other players, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 Individuals or other
Club employees, or contractors other than the medical staff unless and until each
of the following occurs:

For Club employees/contractors who test positive and experience
symptoms of COVID-19:
1. At least 10 days have passed since the date symptoms of COVID19 were first reported to Club medical staff; and
2. At least 24 hours have passed since the individual last had a fever
without the use of fever-reducing medications; and
3. Other symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved;
and
4. The Club’s Head Team Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician,
after consultation with ICS and notification of the NFL Chief
Medical Officer, determines that the individual may return to the
Club facility and interact with other, Club employees/contractors;
and
5. Any local regulations or requirements are satisfied.
6. For symptomatic infections that are categorized as mild, prior to
team training and game play, player must complete a minimum 3-
day progressive exercise protocol under team medical staff
supervision with appropriate clinical monitoring before returning
to full participation. For moderate to severe infections
(hospitalized), it is recommended that prior to team training and
game play, the player complete a progressive exercise protocol for
a minimum of 7 days or equal to twice the duration of the
hospitalization.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload ... hi377l.pdf

getnasty

Reaction score
No way he doesn't play. I suppose there's the possibility that it helps that he hasn't taken any reps in 10 days but i doubt that will matter for Rodgers.

RiverDog

Reaction score
getnasty":2v7vtp3l said:
No way he doesn't play. I suppose there's the possibility that it helps that he hasn't taken any reps in 10 days but i doubt that will matter for Rodgers.

It's not a foregone conclusion that he'll be available. He has to be medically cleared and there's still the possibility that he'll get suspended. We'll know more later next week. In addition, there's the possibility that other Packers players and staff could test positive.

We'll see how Jordan Love does, but I agree that Rodgers doesn't need a lot of preparation. He and the Packer coaching staff are still communicating and he's had enough work with his receivers that they could complete passes in their sleep. A quick walk through on the Saturday prior to the game will be more than sufficient.

getnasty

Reaction score
RiverDog":mmdm2jr5 said:
getnasty":mmdm2jr5 said:

It's not a foregone conclusion that he'll be available. He has to be medically cleared and there's still the possibility that he'll get suspended. We'll know more later next week. In addition, there's the possibility that other Packers players and staff could test positive.

We'll see how Jordan Love does, but I agree that Rodgers doesn't need a lot of preparation. He and the Packer coaching staff are still communicating and he's had enough work with his receivers that they could complete passes in their sleep. A quick walk through on the Saturday prior to the game will be more than sufficient.

The NFL is not pulling Aaron Rodgers from games. He might get fined but he won't be suspended.

RiverDog

Reaction score
getnasty":1j2db2ge said:
The NFL is not pulling Aaron Rodgers from games. He might get fined but he won't be suspended.

I tend to agree. Most observers don't expect Rodgers to get suspended, and I don't, either.

But they could surprise us. Rodgers didn't do himself any favors with the league by going off on his rant yesterday, and if he continues to run his cake hole and bite the hand that feeds him, they could decide that they'd had enough and make an example of him.

My dad loved old sayings, and the one that applies to Rodgers in this situation is: "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

xray

Reaction score
If Rodgers is a scratch for that game , Wilson should take another week off to better heal his finger . IMO

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
xray":1oc7glk9 said:
If Rodgers is a scratch for that game , Wilson should take another week off to better heal his finger . IMO
If I was him at this stage of his career, I'd be dam sure the risk of re-injuring that finger again was back to that of a normal digit before I came back. If it's on the non throwing hand sure go for it, but never take chances with the throwing hand

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Too bad Rogers isn’t stuck with FDA approved meds or we might not ever have to play him again.

sdog1981

Reaction score
getnasty":15txwj37 said:

They suspended Brady for 4 games for Deflategate. So it's not a forgone conclusion. Now they might do an "investigation" and suspend him in 2022.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
sdog1981":gkr9bytv said:
getnasty":gkr9bytv said:

They suspended Brady for 4 games for Deflategate. So it's not a forgone conclusion. Now they might do an "investigation" and suspend him in 2022.

Why would they suspend him?

The team & the league knew exactly what was happening with him. It's not his obligation to tell the fans anything.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":m26utpp3 said:
sdog1981":m26utpp3 said:
getnasty":m26utpp3 said:

Why would they suspend him?

The team & the league knew exactly what was happening with him. It's not his obligation to tell the fans anything.

But as unvaccinated - wasn't he supposed to be following all Covid precautions like mask wearing? Reports clearly say he was not even attempting to meet this. So he gets a pass because of who he is and gets to very publicly give the league rules the finger?

And why are we predicting the harshest penalty is a fine? Didn't the Saints lose draft picks from Covid violations last year? Agree that it's very unlikely AR sees any kind of suspension - not because he doesn't deserve it, but again because of who he is.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The issue isn't that Rodgers is unvaccinated but that he and the Packers haven't been following the required protocols for unvaccinated players. The NFL would throw the book at most other players and teams in the same situation.

Marshawn got away with plenty that Deejay Dallas could not and if you are valuable at what you do then people will cut you more slack. Rodgers was the league MVP last season and is right at the top of players who provide value to the NFL so I wouldn't expect a suspension of any sort.

RiverDog

Reaction score
HawkFreak":8wmfxp3i said:
But as unvaccinated - wasn't he supposed to be following all Covid precautions like mask wearing? Reports clearly say he was not even attempting to meet this. So he gets a pass because of who he is and gets to very publicly give the league rules the finger?

And why are we predicting the harshest penalty is a fine? Didn't the Saints lose draft picks from Covid violations last year? Agree that it's very unlikely AR sees any kind of suspension - not because he doesn't deserve it, but again because of who he is.

I think that a suspension for Rodgers is appropriate, not only because of his violation of protocols, but for his rant making false accusations about the league and their doctors. Heck, they could probably discipline him under the personal conduct policy for all the grief he's brought to the league. But the word is that he'll only get a fine.

As far as discipling the team, there's a couple of factors that enter into the equation. First off is the Packers unique ownership structure. They're owned by the fans. Any fines they levy will be paid for by the Packers fans, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to levy a heavy fine. The other thing is that the league has unclean hands in that they either knew about Rodgers violations and like the Packers, let it slide, or if they didn't know, they should have. Additionally, they don't want to create any more of a distraction than what already exists, so they may decide to punt for now, claim that they're still investigating, and take the matter up after the season so as to avoid as much negative publicity as possible.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RiverDog":3c17anui said:
My dad loved old sayings, and the one that applies to Rodgers in this situation is: "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

Ah yes, one of my favorites. You know that question where you are asked if you could have a conversation with any person living or dead? Abraham Lincoln would be at the top of my list.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
God Bless this country where you can be an arrogant self-centred rules just don’t apply to me jerk, but because you are so special the rules don’t really have to have application to you, or if they do you can just pay a few bucks to make them less applicable. You can be a childhood hero too, and someone that children can emulate. He’s a team leader a Hall of fame guy :roll:

Who knows if it wasn’t our boy ‘Erin’ that infected other members of his team or even players from other teams. To me what little respect he should have b/c of his rare ability is cancelled by his selfishness and arrogance. He’ll play and the Packers, a heritage team, will have found a way to circumvent the rules to allow him to practice. Imagine that? It’d be nice if there really was some actual consequence for his dishonest and totally selfish conduct but I certainly don’t expect any from a league that fines for sock height or goalpost hugging.

Karma should kick his rear hard and significantly but it won’t be the NFL. The league talks the talk, but when the balance between ticket sales or money and any genuine application of very basic safety rules occurs they don’t walk the walk.

Frankly I want him to play, as I expect he will. Roger will shrug. Rodgers will be celebrated as special.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":yxce4yh6 said:
God Bless this country where you can be an arrogant self-centred rules just don’t apply to me jerk, but because you are so special the rules don’t really have to have application to you, or if they do you can just pay a few bucks to make them less applicable. You can be a childhood hero too, and someone that children can emulate. He’s a team leader a Hall of fame guy :roll:

Who knows if it wasn’t our boy ‘Erin’ that infected other members of his team or even players from other teams. To me what little respect he should have b/c of his rare ability is cancelled by his selfishness and arrogance. He’ll play and the Packers, a heritage team, will have found a way to circumvent the rules to allow him to practice. Imagine that? It’d be nice if there really was some actual consequence for his dishonest and totally selfish conduct but I certainly don’t expect any from a league that fines for sock height or goalpost hugging.

Karma should kick his rear hard and significantly but it won’t be the NFL. The league talks the talk, but when the balance between ticket sales or money and any genuine application of very basic safety rules occurs they don’t walk the walk.

Frankly I want him to play, as I expect he will. Roger will shrug. Rodgers will be celebrated as special.

Perhaps Erin was eating during practices so the need to remain socially distant or masked is gone? Did you ever think of that?

Wonder which vaccinated person gave him the virus??

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":9q10yvfa said:

Wonder which vaccinated person gave him the virus??

I bet it was an unmasked hippy reporter who also lied about their "immunized" status at last week's press conference. :lol:

HawkFreak

Reaction score
At least in a recent CNN article AR seems to be manning up and taking responsibility for his actions...

"I realize I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now," Rodgers said. "So, before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I think I would like to set the record straight on so many of the blatant lies that are out there about myself."

Rodgers said the media was on a "witch hunt" to find out which players were vaccinated and blamed reporters for him saying he was "immunized" back in August.

Rogers added he has been following the strict NFL protocols for unvaccinated players to a "T." Rodgers described the daily testing he is subjected to every day, even on off days, and believes the rules are in place to shame unvaccinated people. Rodgers said he has been tested over 300 times before testing positive this week.

Rodgers said certain strict NFL protocols were not based on science, noting if he tested negative for Covid-19 every day and was surrounded by vaccinated people, why should he be "shamed" into wearing a mask throughout the Packers facility.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/05/sport/aaron-rodgers-packers/index.html

RiverDog

Reaction score
HawkFreak":1i1h70fk said:
At least in a recent CNN article AR seems to be manning up and taking responsibility for his actions...

"I realize I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now," Rodgers said. "So, before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I think I would like to set the record straight on so many of the blatant lies that are out there about myself."

Rodgers said the media was on a "witch hunt" to find out which players were vaccinated and blamed reporters for him saying he was "immunized" back in August.

Rogers added he has been following the strict NFL protocols for unvaccinated players to a "T." Rodgers described the daily testing he is subjected to every day, even on off days, and believes the rules are in place to shame unvaccinated people. Rodgers said he has been tested over 300 times before testing positive this week.

Rodgers said certain strict NFL protocols were not based on science, noting if he tested negative for Covid-19 every day and was surrounded by vaccinated people, why should he be "shamed" into wearing a mask throughout the Packers facility.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/05/sport/aaron-rodgers-packers/index.html

I don't see anything that Rodgers has said regarding this issue that would qualify as "manning up and taking responsibility for his actions." To the contrary, everything he's said leaves me to believe that he's on this victimization kick, that he thinks he's untouchable, that because of his success that he's entitled to special treatment.

Manning up involves saying something like "I'm sorry I misled people into thinking I was vaccinated. I should have answered that question differently."