The Brand gets flack for his truck...

hawkpride

Reaction score
He's not hated, but (The Brand) is, dude got a big head when he married a star, and ever since he is all lip service.
I was a huge Russel supporter, but his actions over the last few years contradict his early years statements.
Denver will learn....And good luck with that new contract.

Last edited:

m0ng0

Reaction score
He probably scripted this whole thing to latch on to the "common man" You know every cowboy in Colorado drives one of these right? Everybody in colorado raises those things they make into hamburgers right? I'm surprised he is not wearing wranglers and a ten gallon hat. I wonder what's in the backpack? A mirror, comb and moisturizer for his hands? GOD I am so glad this little marketing tool is gone

toffee

Reaction score
He probably scripted this whole thing to latch on to the "common man" You know every cowboy in Colorado drives one of these right? Everybody in colorado raises those things they make into hamburgers right? I'm surprised he is not wearing wranglers and a ten gallon hat. I wonder what's in the backpack? A mirror, comb and moisturizer for his hands? GOD I am so glad this little marketing tool is gone
Wrangler was for '11-'14 Russ, but that was so not the NFL franchise owner wannabe Russ of today. For this diehard Russell Wilson fan, the current evolution is totally foreign.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Reading the Twitter responses to the photo was even funnier than the photo itself.

I didn't realize until recently that I've turned a blind eye to how annoying he is to other people outside of Seattle. It's laughable how seriously he takes his image and how clueless he is. His ridiculousness gets more pronounced with time.

Speaking of that, I took a peek at the Denver board regarding training camp after seeing the above photo. The Broncos allow some fans to observe (just like the Seahawks) and one person said that RW3 showed up not only with the truck etc, but also a "circus" entourage complete with a videographer and photographer documenting his wife and kids. Another person said that he has an eight person staff that has to be allowed into the building too.

Post #4 and #5 (not many posts in total to sift through).

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Reading the Twitter responses to the photo was even funnier than the photo itself.

I didn't realize until recently that I've turned a blind eye to how annoying he is to other people outside of Seattle. It's laughable how seriously he takes his image and how clueless he is. His ridiculousness gets more pronounced with time.

Speaking of that, I took a peek at the Denver board regarding training camp after seeing the above photo. The Broncos allow some fans to observe (just like the Seahawks) and one person said that RW3 showed up not only with the truck etc, but also a "circus" entourage complete with a videographer and photographer documenting his wife and kids. Another person said that he has an eight person staff that has to be allowed into the building too.

Post #4 and #5 (not many posts in total to sift through).
Its all about the brand...and maybe keeping his wife minimally relevant in the celeb world.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
This Wilson is done and gone:

View attachment 53857

I liked that version.

I still remember the commercial where he dead-panned "I like cheese". I thought at the time he was laughing at himself for his own corniness and I appreciated his self awareness. It was tongue in cheek and amusing to me.

I found out later that he really DOES like cheese - he's from Wisconsin and now limits cheese in his diet because of the high fat content. So maybe I was wrong in my assumption...

Anyway, although he wasn't my favorite player, I liked him in the early years. His sense of humor which was one of the few "real" traits he showed the public.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
I liked that version.

I still remember the commercial where he dead-panned "I like cheese". I thought at the time he was laughing at himself for his own corniness and I appreciated his self awareness. It was tongue in cheek and I just found it amusing.

I found out later that he really DOES like cheese - he's from Wisconsin and now limits cheese in his diet because of the high fat content. So maybe I was wrong in my assumption...

Anyway, although others were my favorite players, I liked him in the early years. He seemed to have a sense of humor which was one of the few "real" traits he showed the public.
I like that not black enough Russ.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Maybe instead of NFL Nation, this thread could be moved to a new category called wierd criticisms of black quarterbacks. Also included could be new threads about Mahomes streetball/no second read, Murray's independent study clause and Lamar Jackson's throwing ability/not a quarterback.

Discuss? (or maybe best not)

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Maybe instead of NFL Nation, this thread could be moved to a new category called wierd criticisms of black quarterbacks. Also included could be new threads about Mahomes streetball/no second read, Murray's independent study clause and Lamar Jackson's throwing ability/not a quarterback.

Discuss? (or maybe best not)
Nice reach. Slow clap for you.