The Boys - Amazon Prime Original

MyrtleHawk

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the latest episode yet (Herogasm)? Talk about insanely intense. Also I found it hilarious that they mocked the celebrities singing "Imagine" by John Lennon

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the latest episode yet (Herogasm)? Talk about insanely intense. Also I found it hilarious that they mocked the celebrities singing "Imagine" by John Lennon
Yep it was a good one. The ending fight was great. I do like how they mock celebrities and really the superhero genre in general.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much as I think Antony Starr deserves Emmy recognition for how incredible his performance is with Homelander, IMO this season is WAY too Homelander-centric.

The other suits are turning into one dimensional characters. I get that they want to lean into how amazing Starr is, but it's making for some uneven episodes and lackluster character development for the rest of the cast.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
As much as I think Antony Starr deserves Emmy recognition for how incredible his performance is with Homelander, IMO this season is WAY too Homelander-centric.

The other suits are turning into one dimensional characters. I get that they want to lean into how amazing Starr is, but it's making for some uneven episodes and lackluster character development for the rest of the cast.

I can understand this perspective. But I think there has been some solid character development this season.

*Spoilers*

The mute girl loses her powers then decides she wants them back. Her relationship with that French guy depends.

Butcher finds out what it's like to have superpowers, and slowly becomes addicted to taking the temporary compound V to the point where Annie warning him of death does not seem to convince him to stop. Gets coma'd and relives a painful part of his childhood, which no doubt will trigger some sort of change in his attitude at some point this season.

Hughie, like Butcher, also seems to start to enjoy having temporary powers. We see that he is not afraid to step up to homelander and stare him down *without* superpowers beforehand, so when he does have powers, low and behold, he has no hesitation when it comes to helping fight Homelander. Annie's objections do not convince him otherwise.

The Deep can't maintain his fake relationship with that woman anymore, because he would rather **** an octopus.

A-Train... I don't know how to feel about this characters development from start to finish of the entire series so far. To me, it seems like he's been the same guy... A guy who deep down is a good dude with a great heart, but struggles with addictions and the pressures of being a superhero. Love the character, and the guy who plays him is fantastic, so I was really glad to see that he didn't die in episode 6. He's gonna be key in bringing down homelander. I just know it.

Black Noir... Definitely some character development this season. We see how scared of Soldier Boy he is. I gotta say, I don't think I've ever seen a character in a TV show or movie that is constantly dark/mysterious/emotional while also being hilarious.