The Batman

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I am not a Batman fan in the least. Wonder Woman is my superhero of choice. I also don't believe in movies being 3 hours or more. Where the hell is my intermission?

As far as this film goes, I thought it could have been wrapped up like 5 different times. Seriously, too freaking long. So many storylines. So many details to try to keep straight. It certainly kept my head spinning the entire time. And it often felt like too much. Pattinson wasn't the worst Batman once I realized what time frame in Bruce Wayne's life we're dealing with. Then things made more sense. And I did enjoy that you got Batman for like 85% of the movie.

Pattinson = still young and very pissed off Bruce Wayne who gets educated about the bigger picture.
Bale = young but learning to be more savvy and how to really use his money.
Keaton = man knows how to use his money and position himself for the better good.
Affleck = Older and needs to retire but his money and tech are awesome assets.
(We don't talk about Clooney.)

I'm also not a fan of the "multiverse" concept to explain why there are so many versions of the same superhero or movie. But I guess I'm part of that older crowd now. Overall, I thought it was alright for my first movie back to the theaters after Covid. Would I pay prime theater rate to see it? No. Matinee was fine.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Pattinson = still young and very pissed off Bruce Wayne who gets educated about the bigger picture.
Bale = young but learning to be more savvy and how to really use his money.
Keaton = man knows how to use his money and position himself for the better good.
Affleck = Older and needs to retire but his money and tech are awesome assets.
(We don't talk about Clooney.)

Or Val Kilmer, evidently.

And I get not talking about Kilmer or Clooney, but then... why mention Awfulleck?

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
Or Val Kilmer, evidently.

And I get not talking about Kilmer or Clooney, but then... why mention Awfulleck?
You're right, Kilmer didn't even register. Awfulleck was mentioned mostly because I had to endure him in the Wonder Woman movies. :)

OP
OP
Zebulon Dak

Zebulon Dak

Reaction score
What's funny is I've come across conversations between hardcore nerd Batman fans at they seem to think Affleck's version is the best. Not the movies but his version of the character. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You're right, Kilmer didn't even register. Awfulleck was mentioned mostly because I had to endure him in the Wonder Woman movies. :)

The only thing Kilmer's Batman is known for is...................nipples.

batnipples.jpg

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
The only thing Kilmer's Batman is known for is...................nipples.

batnipples.jpg
That‘s Clooney!

Kilmer is usually forgotten, but will always be my huckleberry.

I’d vote for Ben Buttchin as the best combo with a great Bruce Wayne and a bump up for having the physical stature to be an intimidating Capped Crusader.

Sure a lot of that credit goes to the stunt double, but the warehouse fight scene is one of the few portrayals that FELT like Batman.

On topic: The Batman was beautiful Cinematography with moments of good acting that drug on far too long with a loose narrative.

I’m down for a sequel if they follow the ending‘s promise of moving away from emo vengeance into a protector of the weak. Do a sizable time jump and show a veteran Batman who’s established, but not to the cynical Affleck stage. Cliche, but could be a Robin internship subplot with the dead Mayor‘s son. Oh, and 2hrs max.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That‘s Clooney!

Kilmer is usually forgotten, but will always be my huckleberry.

I’d vote for Ben Buttchin as the best combo with a great Bruce Wayne and a bump up for having the physical stature to be an intimidating Capped Crusader.

Sure a lot of that credit goes to the stunt double, but the warehouse fight scene is one of the few portrayals that FELT like Batman.

On topic: The Batman was beautiful Cinematography with moments of good acting that drug on far too long with a loose narrative.

I’m down for a sequel if they follow the ending‘s promise of moving away from emo vengeance into a protector of the weak. Do a sizable time jump and show a veteran Batman who’s established, but not to the cynical Affleck stage. Cliche, but could be a Robin internship subplot with the dead Mayor‘s son. Oh, and 2hrs max.

Kilmer's Batman also had the nipples.

It was Schumacher who wanted the nipples, so I think both Kilmer and Clooney's first Batman had the nipple suit.

OP
OP
Zebulon Dak

Zebulon Dak

Reaction score
Looks like a sequel's been confirmed.

I am curious to see Keoghan's Joker, assuming that's the direction they go. He's exactly the guy I would have gone with so it was a pleasant surprise to see him show up in that (what should have been an after credits) scene.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
What's funny is I've come across conversations between hardcore nerd Batman fans at they seem to think Affleck's version is the best. Not the movies but his version of the character. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Thats where I fall in. I have probably seen every batman movie. I think Ben was then best Batman. The movies sucked but he was actually my favorite Batman. Plus I thought I would hate him.

I thought this movie was blahh.

I liked the direction of the Snyder movies. I think the execution was bad.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Watched it Friday. Don't know that I buy Pattinson as Batman or Bruce Wayne but ignoring that I thought it was a good movie. Typically with 2-hour plus movies, it is easy to pick out where stuff could have been cut or made shorter but with this movie I felt pretty much all of it was value-added and relevant and nothing seemed to really drag. At 3 hours I don't think I would watch it again but I was definitely entertained the entire 3 hours.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Looks like a sequel's been confirmed.

I am curious to see Keoghan's Joker, assuming that's the direction they go. He's exactly the guy I would have gone with so it was a pleasant surprise to see him show up in that (what should have been an after credits) scene.

Well they certainly gave away the Joker reveal at the end of the movie.

Although, it'd be nice for Reeves to go off script like Nolan did and introduce some new Batman villains (Bane, Scarecrow), and not just keep trotting out Joker, Riddler, Penguin, etc.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I hope they let me play the Joker in the next movie. Fire whoever they have. I can play it better.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This Batman movie is by far my fav and the Pattinson hate is likely from people who haven't bothered to watch him in anything else. Was great in Egger's "The Lighthouse" and Safdi bro's "Good Time". Also great in "The King" and as a supporting but great characters in "The Lost City of Z".

3 hours felt right to me and didn't seem that long. Colin Farrel was unrecognizable as penguin. My favorite part of the movie is probably the score. Great sound work.

I liked not having to rehash the origin story, but still getting a younger Bruce Wayne who didn't feel fully formed yet. Seeing Bruce and Batman both actually being somewhat of a detective for once was nice.

OP
OP
Zebulon Dak

Zebulon Dak

Reaction score
This Batman movie is by far my fav and the Pattinson hate is likely from people who haven't bothered to watch him in anything else. Was great in Egger's "The Lighthouse" and Safdi bro's "Good Time". Also great in "The King" and as a supporting but great characters in "The Lost City of Z".

3 hours felt right to me and didn't seem that long. Colin Farrel was unrecognizable as penguin. My favorite part of the movie is probably the score. Great sound work.

I liked not having to rehash the origin story, but still getting a younger Bruce Wayne who didn't feel fully formed yet. Seeing Bruce and Batman both actually being somewhat of a detective for once was nice.

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Latest posts