Shane Waldron should be Pete's Heir

W

Welshers

I've seen enough. Waldron is an incredible offensive mind with what he's done so far this year. He should be groomed for the HC job. They should tell him now that the job is his when Pete retires. This will give us some continuity and ensure we stay with a great offensive mind. Young play callers from the Shanny tree are the ones dominating the NFL right now: Mcvae, Lafleur, Shanny, and why not Waldron from Mcvae?

sutz

Reaction score
Not necessarily against the idea, but there is more to being a HC than calling plays.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was a little worried about Waldron but he seems to have settled in and is doing a great job overall. He is scheming guys open and we have more easy completions than we've ever had. He's doing a fantastic job. I'm usually critical of Pete but I have to give Pete credit for letting Waldron have more say than I thought he would. He's letting him do his thing and the offense is benefitting because of it.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Not necessarily against the idea, but there is more to being a HC than calling plays.
Agreed, thats why I say groom him for it now. Let him get very familiar with the organization and learn from Pete. This way the transition is more seamless. Hackett is a great offensive mind but was not prepared for what he got thrown into in Denver. Staying with the same team while you make the transition will give Waldron consistencey and help make the transition to HC easier

Rat

Reaction score
He was considered a problem as recently as like three years ago. I'm not ready to Jim Mora him yet.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

He was considered a problem as recently as like three years ago. I'm not ready to Jim Mora him yet.
He hasn't even been here for two full years. Last year he was getting into his groove and dealing with a complete mess. By year two hes cooking

sutz

Reaction score
He hasn't even been here for two full years. Last year he was getting into his groove and dealing with a complete mess. By year two hes cooking
He was working with a rather uncooperative sous-chef as well. ;)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Let’s give Waldron a full season minus Wilson before anointing him the successor to Carroll.

By the way, never works out well, when a person is the defacto next person in line for the job—and is currently working under a person in charge NOW.

Things like a mutiny tend to occur.