Seattle Mariners vs Texas Rangers Series Apr 19-21

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why do people insist on always throwing out the "it's only April" thing? or "It's early"
Well, you can only play the games that are on the schedule. Wins count the same in April as they do in September.
God forbid someone actually enjoys the season, the entire season.
You didn't read what I posted that to.
Relax..
Relax GIF by LeVar Burton

balakoth

Reaction score
Two outs and you take him out cuz of a fluke double...

Now we get "Mis" in.. soon to be "Mi" how it normally happens with RISP :( Prove me wrong guy please

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Sorry 'bout that "may" in the thread title. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, Castillo worries me. Eventually got it done, though. Nice series win. Great outing by Gilbert.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Toro’s throwing error and Castillo’s erratic pitching made it a much closer game in the end then it had to be.

Still a win, I’ll take it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Does Castillo shoot a fake bow and arrow after all the scare?
I think we have a great BP without him tbh.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Someone on Lookout Landing compared him to Rodney, and I pointed out that Rodney could shoot arrows.
Yes but Rodney imploded at times and if recall one cost us a playoff spot..I'm just saying
I'd feel better if we didn't use him in high leverage situations or at all since the rules say
you have to face 3 batters?

Threedee

Reaction score
Yes but Rodney imploded at times and if recall one cost us a playoff spot..I'm just saying
I'd feel better if we didn't use him in high leverage situations or at all since the rules say
you have to face 3 batters?
Personally, I would think Sewald was still the closer, but, we haven't had a save situation since Chicago.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Personally, I would think Sewald was still the closer, but, we haven't had a save situation since Chicago.
Right and he has Covid..They got 4 other guys that can close-Munoz for one.
The Steckenrider and Swanson.
I forgot Romo and Sadler are out.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I kind of like that we don't have a designated closer. Just put the best guy out there based on matchups and go for it. We have several guys that can close.

Going for the sweep tonite.

Cleaning GIF by Channel 7

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not a fan of Moore in the OF. Misplayed that ball off the wall. If he fields it properly/cleanly they gun the runner out at the plate and the Rangers don’t score, inning over.

Hope the M’s score more than the 5 in the first. Got a feeling they will need more.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Defense goes to shit then bad Marco shows up.
Told ya’ll 5 wouldn’t be enough tonight.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Thought Marco did fine this is all on the 3 errors. At least it's still a series win regardless. Take 2 out of 3 against KC and keep going.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thought Marco did fine this is all on the 3 errors. At least it's still a series win regardless. Take 2 out of 3 against KC and keep going.
It was mainly on the D but you need to be able to pitch through errors once in awhile. Yes, he should have been out of the inning, but then he gave up a 2 run home run on a first pitch fastball after that.

Just happen to run across this on Twitter:

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Sure. I'll go with 85.69% defense fault then. Marco gave up 2 ER against a good offense.
Nevermind.

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sure. I'll go with 85.69% defense fault then. Marco gave up 2 ER against a good offense.
Nevermind.
With all due respect to you….

So The guy that pitched in the bigs and was an all-star pitcher is wrong on this? The guy I quoted was Jeff Nelson, former Mariners and Yankees pitcher.

I’m not trying to be a Richard Cranium about this and apologize if I come across that way in the posts.

The Mariners Defense crapped the bed in that inning, that is NOT debateable. The pitching staff had to get 5 outs in that inning. Marco should have been in the dugout if JP didn’t brain fart his way through the inning.

The Mariners were still in the lead after the 2 errors.
Marco didn’t pitch well after those errors, and I’m sure he’d tell us that as well.

Yes, he should have never been in that position, but he was and didn’t perform well after the defensive meltdown.

Crizilla

Reaction score
It's not that he's wrong. It's just another "how much blame" discussion. For me, 2 ER against a good offensive club I will take every time. Marco has pitched fine his past 2 starts after the debacle in Minnesota. It's hard to win a game when you commit 3 errors they almost pulled it off.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Disappointing outcome. Have to remember that the bullpen took a dump in the 9th as well. The Offense tied it up bottom 8 giving us a better chance, but Steck gave up 2 more.

Oh well, we won the series. On to the Royals.