Russell says he’s lost weight, declines to say how much

toffee

Reaction score
kj Wright questions how Russ will handle Sean calling him out in front of the whole team

A few possibilities, Wilson broke down and cry, Wilson broke down and hit back Sean, or, Wilson corny his way out of it.

My money on giving his standard corny speech. Crying would be the best as he will make changes, his corny stuff means he won't change at all.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I must be in a very small minority here. I've always respected Wilson and wish him nothing but the best.

Yes, I cheered against him last year simply because I didn't want him to make the Seahawks look bad for trading him, and we had their draft picks.

I'll root against Denver again this year only because we have their 3rd rounder. Other than that I've personally found him to be a source of motivation to get me through some stuff in life. I didn't care for the way he acted his last year here, but I'm confident that plus what happened last year humbled him.

Again this is just my opinion. Feel free to laugh react but I'll always appreciate what he did here and wish him nothing but the best. There's a lot of bad people in this world, but he's not one of them.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I must be in a very small minority here. I've always respected Wilson and wish him nothing but the best.

Yes, I cheered against him last year simply because I didn't want him to make the Seahawks look bad for trading him, and we had their draft picks.

I'll root against Denver again this year only because we have their 3rd rounder. Other than that I've personally found him to be a source of motivation to get me through some stuff in life. I didn't care for the way he acted his last year here, but I'm confident that plus what happened last year humbled him.

Again this is just my opinion. Feel free to laugh react but I'll always appreciate what he did here and wish him nothing but the best. There's a lot of bad people in this world, but he's not one of them.

I upvoted u for a thoughtful post, but I have to disagree.

Russ knew Pete had said publicly that Pete’s success was due to Russ. He took this to mean he could go to Jody to fire Pete, and John too.

Russ turned his Seattle Children’s trips into a nonprofit mainly benefiting Team3.

He endorsed his Seattle church forcing employees to pay back 10 percent of their earnings, thus why the church is being sued.

Even his youth camp costs more than double that of this Patriots player whose doing the same thing. Oh, he’s bringing three other nfl players with him, all the kids are getting lunch and swag, and whatever remains goes to some charity that has nothing to do With him.

Russ is law abiding, but I wouldn’t call him moral.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I upvoted u for a thoughtful post, but I have to disagree.

Russ knew Pete had said publicly that Pete’s success was due to Russ. He took this to mean he could go to Jody to fire Pete, and John too.

Russ turned his Seattle Children’s trips into a nonprofit mainly benefiting Team3.

He endorsed his Seattle church forcing employees to pay back 10 percent of their earnings, thus why the church is being sued.

Even his youth camp costs more than double that of this Patriots player whose doing the same thing. Oh, he’s bringing three other nfl players with him, all the kids are getting lunch and swag, and whatever remains goes to some charity that has nothing to do With him.

Russ is law abiding, but I wouldn’t call him moral.
Fair points for sure. He's definitely not perfect and is very two faced.

The facade and legacy he'd been trying to build for himself came crashing down last year.

I remember when he came to Spokane his rookie year and was charging a ton for his QB camp. Kids were trying to get his autograph after camp and he ignored the camera man and got into the back of his stretch limo. The video was on YouTube (10 years ago) but think it's since been removed.

I didn't like him constantly advertising going to Seattle Children's. It's awesome he did it, but after awhile it seemed like more of a marketing tool.

His overpriced plain white shirts at Nordstroms. Giving the airplane tickets to his O line when they were free to him. I could go on.

He did some weird stuff for sure. And the controversy surrounding his charity is bad. No denying that.

I'll say the first 5 years of Russ I liked. The last few years of Russ, I didn't much care for. But I appreciated what he did here and I'll stand by that part of it. Off the field...meh