RHCP Concert

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Went to the RHCP concert tonight. Got a bonus when Eddie Vedder came out to sing Juicebox with The Strokes. As Vedder had performed with RHCP (Hendrix and Prince songs I know for sure, I think a few others as well) in the past I was hoping we would get a song from him with them as well, but no dice. For essentially being 60 Flea is still the same as when I saw the Chilli Peppers in the mid 90s. All over the stage jumping around and bouncing off things. Very impressive. Anthony's voice isn't as good as it used to be, but still great to listen to.

NoChops

Reaction score
Such a love/hate band for me. They have stuff that will make me bounce off the walls and other stuff I never want to hear again. Frusciante is beyond legit though.

OP
OP
JustTheTip

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Such a love/hate band for me. They have stuff that will make me bounce off the walls and other stuff I never want to hear again. Frusciante is beyond legit though.
Frusciante was amazing last night. The shit he pulled on SNL will always tarnish how I view him though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was a great show. My only complaint was they only did a song or two from Blood Sugar Sex Majik. That's a major bummer imo.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Yeah they kinda lost me after BSSM. It's funny a song can make you and break you, under the bridge did both IMHO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Suck my Kiss needed to happen. But, they did sound killer. And they got the beast back on Guitar. He's a hell of a player.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Yep, he went on a hell of a run as a solo artist after the first go round with rhcp

OP
OP
JustTheTip

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Suck my Kiss needed to happen. But, they did sound killer. And they got the beast back on Guitar. He's a hell of a player.
They have played Suck My Kiss at some of their other shows on this tour. They are actually changing it up quite a bit from show to show. We got the most off the new album and were also the first on this tour to get Parallel Universe. I would have preferred more of their older stuff, but like their new stuff as well and hearing Vedder live was a bucket list item for me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I did notice on their web page that they switch it up a lot. That's very cool, and makes it a lot less boring for a musician.

OP
OP
JustTheTip

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Would like to see them start playing Aeroplane again. That is one of my favorite post Blood Sugar Sex Magik songs.

OP
OP
JustTheTip

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Love their cover of Higher Ground. I posted it in the creative covers thread. In fact, I like it better than the original, and I am a big fan of Stevie Wonder. Love Rollercoaster does nothing for me. Didn't like the original and don't like the RHCP version.