Reality is starting to roost in Denver

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
This is still the guy we all rooted for and supported. WHAT HAPPENED??? It's not clear, but I wish he would re-negotiate his contract at the end of the season. I think the gesture of accepting a "pay cut" could maybe bring the HOF possibility back in a political way. But then it would also be "prove it" time.

If not, Broncos management should be getting the best business contract lawyer available. #3 has not lived up to expectations and this affects many different levels of NFL products including merchandise, stadium tickets, game video, product endorsements, sports betting and who knows what else.

The once proud Broncos are now like an old Nag headed for the glue factory.

Go Hawks!

RiverDog

Reaction score
This is still the guy we all rooted for and supported. WHAT HAPPENED??? It's not clear, but I wish he would re-negotiate his contract at the end of the season. I think the gesture of accepting a "pay cut" could maybe bring the HOF possibility back in a political way. But then it would also be "prove it" time.

If not, Broncos management should be getting the best business contract lawyer available. #3 has not lived up to expectations and this affects many different levels of NFL products including merchandise, stadium tickets, game video, product endorsements, sports betting and who knows what else.

The once proud Broncos are now like an old Nag headed for the glue factory.

Go Hawks!
Like some of the others have pointed out, he's not a Seahawk anymore so I can't say that I "wish" he'd renegotiate his contract as that would suggest that I'm rooting for him and/or the Broncos, which is not the case, at least with me.

Having said that, it would be in Russell's best interest to re-negotiate his deal, if for nothing else, to buy some goodwill from the Broncos fans. But the reality of it is that the big cap hits don't take effect until 2024, so there's not a huge practical effect in renegotiating his deal.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I just read a pretty damning article about Russell:

Great players, they can overcome bad coaching. If you’re talking about a guy who aspires to be a Hall of Fame player, there is no way you should look this bad. People out there can try to blame Nathaniel Hackett, I’m sorry, this falls on the player, and this is very revealing, as far as Russell Wilson is concerned because I look at it in two ways.

Interesting point of view.

Lol, I like the comment about Russ being a side piece.

"...but as the Seahawks continue to be OK without him, and it’s starting to look like he was just a side-piece to the main show up there under Pete Carroll, you can’t help but think his chances have taken a big shot."

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Nothing is going to change in Denver unless the front office/ownership hires and backs a coach who has the balls to bench Wilson until Wilson gets on board with the program. If Wilson won't buy in, then sit there and watch your "legacy" go down the drain. I don't see that happening.

Hackett is such a puss. Be a man here, ban The Entoutrage and have Wilson maximally participate in these 7 on 7 Friday drills. Your running game is in the hands of two practice squad players, they can’t save you, so lean with a passing game designed to maximize Russ’ supposed strengths. That’s what the Rams did with Baker Mayfield in 48 hours.

Whatever coach Gets hired will do the same thing. They will Benefit from less injuries and other factors out of Hacketts control anyway. The more Hackett can demonstrate that any other coach would have done what he did, the more his ass is saved in the nfl.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hackett is such a puss. Be a man here, ban The Entoutrage and have Wilson maximally participate in these 7 on 7 Friday drills. Your running game is in the hands of two practice squad players, they can’t save you, so lean with a passing game designed to maximize Russ’ supposed strengths. That’s what the Rams did with Baker Mayfield in 48 hours.

Whatever coach Gets hired will do the same thing. They will Benefit from less injuries and other factors out of Hacketts control anyway. The more Hackett can demonstrate that any other coach would have done what he did, the more his ass is saved in the nfl.
At this point, I think Hackett is a combination of shell-shocked and fed up and gave up. I think he's either thinking of retiring with the money Denver is going to have to pay him to buy out his contract, or he's going to try to get a job somewhere as an assistant.