Realistically What moves will the Hawks make?

Spohawks

Reaction score
How much spending cash do they have left? Yes, its a rag tag group but I don't see to many holes that they have to fill. Who could they go after that would make a difference before pre-season starts?

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Brown come back to share duty at LT. I could see him being a great mentor for our young guys and can still lead by example. Regarding how much $ we have I read today we will probably have about $10M to work with.
I’d think Brown would be too pricey.

Maybe sign a cheap vet OT & LB and roll the rest over. No cap expert, but I’d assume a DK extension would impact via bonuses?

rainger

Reaction score
How much spending cash do they have left? Yes, its a rag tag group but I don't see to many holes that they have to fill. Who could they go after that would make a difference before pre-season starts?
You say you dont see many holes but then call them a rag tag group. What is it? This is not a bad team overall. If Lock is even reasonable as a point guard this will be a middle of the pack team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Larry Ogunjobi would be a scheme-versatile disruptor on the line, depending on medicals. Signed with the Bears, deal got voided on a kind of sus basis due to physical. Played really well for Cincinnati in 2021.

A Clowney reunion would be interesting.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
You say you dont see many holes but then call them a rag tag group. What is it? This is not a bad team overall. If Lock is even reasonable as a point guard this will be a middle of the pack team.
Just saying I don't see half the NFC Pro Bowl team being Seahawks but I think all major holes were filled. I like the team as well, Lock is the big mystery and the new 3-4 will be fun to watch.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm still expecting veteran DL additions down the line. There's a lot of vets sitting around out there who aren't ready to sign a cheap deal and don't mind missing the early part of training camp. Between cutdowns /trades/remaining vet FA there's a good chance that our week 1 DL looks very different from our DL right now.

rainger

Reaction score
I'm still expecting veteran DL additions down the line. There's a lot of vets sitting around out there who aren't ready to sign a cheap deal and don't mind missing the early part of training camp. Between cutdowns /trades/remaining vet FA there's a good chance that our week 1 DL looks very different from our DL right now.
I really don't think PC/JS want to go the old vet route again. I think they are going back to 2010 and going with youth, people who are hungry and not set in their ways as the last few teams and old 1 year vets have been.

Chawker

Reaction score
I think they are though until trimmings are made by other teams, if they can find the right off the ball LB with youth & speed at a resemble price. Stopping the run is a concern, and MLB is a position of weakness.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I really don't think PC/JS want to go the old vet route again. I think they are going back to 2010 and going with youth, people who are hungry and not set in their ways as the last few teams and old 1 year vets have been.
I suspect you may be right, otherwise, they would have already signed KJ Wright, but then again, would he be a good FIT to the new 3-4 scheme?

nanomoz

Reaction score
They've only got about $12 million in cap space.

I wouldn't expect any signings until other teams start cutting folks. I suspect they'll keep their eyes peeled for interior linemen and another DB, especially if Tre Brown's injury persists.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
They've only got about $12 million in cap space.

I wouldn't expect any signings until other teams start cutting folks. I suspect they'll keep their eyes peeled for interior linemen and another DB, especially if Tre Brown's injury persists.
I believe that as of June 1st with the official release of Carlos Dunlap, the team will gain $5.1M in cap space.

AgentDib

Reaction score
At the risk of repeating myself they signed a lot of old vets to provide leadership in 2010 particularly on defense. Lawyer Milloy was 37 years old that season, and our DL depth had a ton vets; Raheem Brock and Colin Cole were both in their 30s. At the time, posters (perhaps myself included) complained about it with the same argument you're making.

Pete's just shown a sustained tendency over the years to pick up cheap experienced veterans along his defensive front and rotate them heavily rather than banking on youth.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I believe that as of June 1st with the official release of Carlos Dunlap, the team will gain $5.1M in cap space.
Aha. Good call. I think you're right. I'd like to see them extend Poona to lower his cap hit, but they probably would have if they were going to do so.

Maui12thman

Reaction score
defensive line or scheme fit LB. The veteran minimum for free agent Bake Mayfield would bother me a bit.

Scout

Reaction score
They will not cut Collier right now as with injuries you never know and Collier is familiar with the coaches and organization.

Most likely the team adds more veterans to the defensive side of the ball after they have seen the current nucleus in action.

Throwdown

Reaction score
They will not cut Collier right now as with injuries you never know and Collier is familiar with the coaches and organization.

Most likely the team adds more veterans to the defensive side of the ball after they have seen the current nucleus in action.

Way to break my heart lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Brown come back to share duty at LT. I could see him being a great mentor for our young guys and can still lead by example. Regarding how much $ we have I read today we will probably have about $10M to work with.

You don't use your top 10 draft pick on a LT only to have his development stunted because he's not playing full time.

Top 10 picks should be immediate starters, no matter the position.........especially on a team rebuilding. No reason not to throw Cross right into the fire so he can develop as quickly as possible.

I get that you like the security blanket of Brown, but Cross is the LT of the future. Gotta play him.