Penei Sowell tests positive, will miss rookie minicamp

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pe ... r-BB1gFqcE

No inclusion of whether he'd gotten vaccinated. If not he was the Lions' top pick who could do something to preserve his own health and that of others, but he just didn't.

Kinda wonder about teamwork here.

As far as any medical exemption? My MIL had Stage 4 non-hodgkins that destroyed much of her immune system and the dad is AFIB/COPD and waiting on a heart stent and got it. What possible medical reason is there for a top NFL player in his 20s to not get it? Preference?

toffee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":orolmlfn said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/penei-sewell-will-miss-detroit-lions-rookie-minicamp-after-positive-covid-19-test/ar-BB1gFqcE

No inclusion of whether he'd gotten vaccinated. If not he was the Lions' top pick who could do something to preserve his own health and that of others, but he just didn't.

As far as any medical exemption? My MIL had Stage 4 non-hodgkins that destroyed much of her immune system and the dad is AFIB/COPD and waiting on a heart stent and got it. What possible medical reason is there for a top NFL player in his 20s to not get it? Preference?
One of the risks could be reduced lung capacity, which sux for athletes.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
toffee":v7t9uebj said:
SantaClaraHawk":v7t9uebj said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/penei-sewell-will-miss-detroit-lions-rookie-minicamp-after-positive-covid-19-test/ar-BB1gFqcE

One of the risks could be reduced lung capacity, which sux for athletes.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

It does, but having covid sucks even more as a disease process. Look what happened to Von Miller, Myles Garrett, Cam Newton. It wasn't just one missed game with them like it might be for most side effects.

As it is, the NFL and clubs now have to work double, keeping track of what players haven't vaxed, frequently testing them, making them wear contact tracers. And crucially, minimizing face-to-face staff/player time off the field.

OK, he's Penei. That's why he's still there. That team probably wouldn't be treating him that way if he was a UDFA or low-rounder. He can't even make camp now.

Kinda glad we didn't get that guy.

Spohawks

Reaction score
"Kinda glad we didn't get that guy"
You can't be serious, boarder line troll alert!

Plenty of people who got stabbed and injected with the vax are still getting Covid.

Dude will be in 10+ Pro Bowls and we got a 3rd WR at best. You are the only person who would swap those players.

If he chooses to get stabbed mutiple times, that is his call.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spohawks":32dewzsj said:

Plenty of people who got stabbed and injected with the vax are still getting Covid.

Dude will be in 10+ Pro Bowls and we got a 3rd WR at best. You are the only person who would swap those players.

You obviously have no clue how a vaccine works.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":2aijl5b7 said:

Your viewpoint is similarly unreasonable in that you're calling 10+ Pro Bowls as if he's some sort of generational prospect. Also, pick 7 to 56... kind of apples to oranges.

Regardless, that WR3 probably helps this team in the short-term more than a tackle prospect of any caliber does, with Brown maintaining elite play.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":3vvmbqf4 said:

If players or staff have been vaccinated and then tested positive, them letting the public and fans know they were vaccinated is usually said in the announcement. In any fanbase, there are people who have had severe cases of Covid and innumerable cases in which they have lost a loved one.

Usually when people say "it's private," that's shorthand for "I didn't get the shot actually, but I want to have everyone treat me like I did."

Well when your behavior means that you will be constantly distracted by the minders for your tracking device and your testing and where you can be in the building and whether you are wearing a mask, that could definitely affect your performance.

Spohawks

Reaction score
NFL: Hey, can we stab you a couple of times?

Sowell: Get away from me weirdo!

NFL: You don't get it, there are benifits!

Sowell: Will it stop me from getting covid?

NFL: Haha, no...but its super trendy to get stabbed.

Sowell: Will it stop me from passing it on?

NFL: Of course not, its just for show. No guarantees.

Sowell: Can it have side effects?

NFL: Duh, many get sick and also die from it.

Sowell: Nah, I got sick after my last flu vax...hey, where did the flu go?

NFL: Lets not talk about that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
People can make their decisions for their health depending upon their circumstances.

But if you are going to be around people, as long as Covid is viably out there, you probably should get your shots.

If you are a professional athlete where your career depends on your endurance and strength but you don't get the shots? Then you are a moron and deserve what you get.

Because you:

A) Will be around people

B) Need strength and endurance in order to keep your career.

As pointed out earlier, reduced lung capacity is going to screw you if you get it.

Maybe he held back to assure that higher people who needed the shots had access to them first. But it wasn't a great decision.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3kk75c2u said:
People can make their decisions for their health depending upon their circumstances.

But if you are going to be around people, as long as Covid is viably out there, you probably should get your shots.

If you are a professional athlete where your career depends on your endurance and strength but you don't get the shots? Then you are a moron and deserve what you get.

Because you:

A) Will be around people

B) Need strength and endurance in order to keep your career.

As pointed out earlier, reduced lung capacity is going to screw you if you get it.

Maybe he held back to assure that higher people who needed the shots had access to them first. But it wasn't a great decision.

Access isn't an issue anymore, and was never an issue to someone of Penei's caliber. It just appears that he chose not to get the shot, has now already compromised his training, and he hasn't played one down in the NFL.

Sounds like a big diva to me.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":32bsficf said:

This is just weird. Stop being a clown. No one cares about how you feel about vaccines.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2qfzuitq said:
Spohawks":2qfzuitq said:

This is just weird. Stop being a clown. No one cares about how you feel about vaccines.
Clearly you do or you would not have taken the time to respond. Name calling always comes after a person runs out of intelligent things to counter with. Attack the post, not the poster.

Its only wierd if it goes against the narrative you are trying to push. There are no lies in that above conversation!

toffee

Reaction score
:|
Spohawks":2hy8hf34 said:

lol so you are for drafting dudes that CHOOSES to get stabbed multiple time, because that's his call?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Look Spo. The EEOC has already said employers can terminate if someone doesn't get a vax. I've already had to deal with the rare situation of a partially vaxed person infecting a fully vaxed person...and the crucial thing is that these people survived despite being in reallly poor health from their other things

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":zn7e9hnd said:
Maelstrom787":zn7e9hnd said:
Spohawks":zn7e9hnd said:

Clearly you do or you would not have taken the time to respond. Name calling always comes after a person runs out of intelligent things to counter with. Attack the post, not the poster.

Its only wierd if it goes against the narrative you are trying to push. There are no lies in that above conversation!

I have no issue if you want to be an incessant, attention-seeking anti-vaxxer. Just do it in the politics forum instead of attaching a football players name to it so that you can push your own weird narrative.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3sb4cly9 said:
Spohawks":3sb4cly9 said:
Maelstrom787":3sb4cly9 said:
Spohawks":3sb4cly9 said:

I have no issue if you want to be an incessant, attention-seeking anti-vaxxer. Just do it in the politics forum instead of attaching a football players name to it so that you can push your own weird narrative.
Anybody got a tissue for 787?

toffee

Reaction score
Spohawks":q2j2ekif said:
Maelstrom787":q2j2ekif said:
Spohawks":q2j2ekif said:
Maelstrom787":q2j2ekif said:

Anybody got a tissue for 787?

WAIT, you still haven't tell us why you are for drafting dudes that CHOOSES to get stabbed multiple time, because that's his call?

balakoth

Reaction score
"WAIT, you still haven't tell us why you are for drafting dudes that CHOOSES to get stabbed multiple time, because that's his call?"

.... What... are you even talking about? Clearly you seem to miss the point with certain people who do not view the vaccine worth their own risk.

WTF does your question have to do with anything or relate? Did he say he doesn't want someone with the vaccine? No he's simply defending a player who is making their own decision.. just as if he had gotten it.

Like honestly... what in the flying hell are you even talking about.

balakoth

Reaction score
chris98251":2bdlcef9 said:
Spohawks":2bdlcef9 said:

You obviously have no clue how a vaccine works.

So Spohawk is a bit.... out there with his posts

But what did you mean by this Chris?

Are you trying to conclude false narratives that if even if you are vaccinated for certain things you still carry the virus, can transmit and can still suffer from it? I hope not... or I devalue thousands of your posts instantly

Im not sure which one of you doesn't konw how vaccines work honestly.

An effective vaccine no... does not do what the COVID vaccine does

In fact 2014 was the first time in almost 3 decades the measels was transmitted by a vaccinated person. The bigger ones? Never... ever...

RiverDog

Reaction score
Spohawks":16b3oabw said:

Plenty of people who got vaxed are still getting Covid? What do you mean by "plenty"? Are you talking about gross numbers or percentages? Where are you getting your information from?