Peaky Blinders

Aros

Reaction score
The first 6 episodes of the final season is on Netflix...Binged them all in two days. I am going to miss the hell out of that show. Final 6 should be released in about a month or two.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I only run with Netflix for 2-3 months per year because I just can't justify paying for 12 months per year anymore, but Peaky Blinders is one of those shows that I definitely find to be "worth the money". I'm waiting for the full season to finish dropping before I sign back up and get my binge on. There are a few other shows I'll binge when I do sign up, but this will be first on the list. Feels like it's been forever since the end of the last season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I thought season 5 got too bogged down in the politics, made for some laborious and boring episodes.

But IMO season six has struck the balance of the impending mortality of the Shelby's and the current state of Britain/ Tommy's involvement with the shady fascists perfectly.

Peaky's had some fantastic seasons, and some uneven ones. So I don't know if I can put it up there with the all time greats. But damn it's close.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

Reaction score
I stand corrected, the final season 6 is only 6 episodes. However, I hear there is going to be a movie.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
We just started the first season.
My only complaint so far is that the rock soundtrack really doesn't fit at all.
There are interesting characters and situations, enough to make us want to watch more.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I stand corrected, the final season 6 is only 6 episodes. However, I hear there is going to be a movie.

Good to know. That means I can get a month of binging started sooner rather than later.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We just started the first season.
My only complaint so far is that the rock soundtrack really doesn't fit at all.
There are interesting characters and situations, enough to make us want to watch more.

It is a little cheesy, and even after six seasons Steven Knight the producer still leans into the slo-mo walks with the aggressive modern music behind it.

But certainly no reason not to watch.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

Reaction score
Yeah the music is annoying for the most part but the series is just so good in general I can look (hear?) past it.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It is a little cheesy, and even after six seasons Steven Knight the producer still leans into the slo-mo walks with the aggressive modern music behind it.

But certainly no reason not to watch.
Yeah the music is annoying for the most part but the series is just so good in general I can look (hear?) past it.

Oh, I agree completely. We've seen the first three episodes now, and we'll definitely continue. My biggest complaint is a nitpick.

Welshers

Reaction score
The first 6 episodes of the final season is on Netflix...Binged them all in two days. I am going to miss the hell out of that show. Final 6 should be released in about a month or two.
I absolutely loved the show. I thought Cillian Murphy was excellent as Tommy Shelby and the sixth season was very strong. Loved the twists and end to the season. How did you like the finale?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Oh, I agree completely. We've seen the first three episodes now, and we'll definitely continue. My biggest complaint is a nitpick.

The funniest complaint I have is damn is it hard to understand them sometimes, especially REALLY Birmingham accented characters like Arthur who lays it on thick.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

Reaction score
I absolutely loved the show. I thought Cillian Murphy was excellent as Tommy Shelby and the sixth season was very strong. Loved the twists and end to the season. How did you like the finale?

I don't want to be a spoiler for those that haven't seen it so I will just say that it was surprising.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

Reaction score
The funniest complaint I have is damn is it hard to understand them sometimes, especially REALLY Birmingham accented characters like Arthur who lays it on thick.

Oh we ALWAYS had CC turned on for every episode, otherwise it was damn near impossible to understand all of the dialogue.

Welshers

Reaction score
I don't want to be a spoiler for those that haven't seen it so I will just say that it was surprising.
yeah that's why I didn't say anything specific about it I was worried about spoiling. I thought it was a great twist though

m0ng0

Reaction score
My god I'm still watching the first episode and the music is Amazing !!!!!!!!!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The thing about the Peaky Blinders soundtrack (and we just finished the fourth season, the one with the vendetta) is that the music itself is really good, but it just doesn't fit with the 1920s-England setting at all.

And man, that factory floor is the most dangerous work environment in the world, what with the sparks and bursts of flame and explosions going off all the time. Several employees must die there every day.