"Mr. Limited"

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I saw this yesterday, and it's interesting because it's the first time I've seen anyone outside .NET suggest that it's possible the Seahawks actually won the trade, and that they might have had good reasons for not wanting to keep moving forward with Wilson.

Rat

Reaction score
It has not been a good start for him. I'm surprised that Mr. "I'm A Hawks Fan First" hasnt been around to make excuses for him.

NOTE: I'm actually not.

toffee

Reaction score
It has not been a good start for him. I'm surprised that Mr. "I'm A Hawks Fan First" hasnt been around to make excuses for him.

NOTE: I'm actually not.
Workload very heavy lately in defending Russ on Broncos forums. It's a matter of time management and prioritization.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is a weird take. We are a garbage fire too.
Knowing everything I know now, I probably would still take Wilson over PC.

For as bad as Wilson is doing, he is winning. I don't expect that to continue. But Wilson likely still has a better future than PC right now.

Wilson has rubbed me the wrong way on a lot of things. I was considered a 'Wilson-hater' for this. But you don't need to be a good person to win football games. And Wilson seems to have more winning in him than PC does right now.

We will see if a new QB fixes this. Maybe JS can work his magic. We have to hope so.

It still worries me when Carroll is no longer good at most of the things that made him great. And Wilson can still do at least half the things that made him great.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
For as bad as Wilson is doing, he is winning. I don't expect that to continue. But Wilson likely still has a better future than PC right now.
Is he really, though? He won one game... barely... against an absolute dumpster fire of a team.

Maybe the Seahawks MO of barely scraping by wins, against teams they should handle easily, has rubbed off on him.

toffee

Reaction score
Is he really, though? He won one game... barely... against an absolute dumpster fire of a team.

Maybe the Seahawks MO of barely scraping by wins, against teams they should handle easily, has rubbed off on him.
So far, he and Geno are both 1-1. Geno received, deserve or not, whole stadium of 12s chanting GENO GENO GENO, Russ received, deserve or not, BOO BOOO BOOOOO at both stadiums that he played.

If I were John63 with somewhat direct contact to Russ, I would have advocated the dismissal of Russ' publicists. That publicist clear not getting it done, UNLESS, Ciara happened to be the publicist, then its all good, nothing to look at here.

Fade

Reaction score
Wilson is moving the ball, they are just self destructing in the red zone.

Once that gets cleaned up his TD numbers will go back up, which is what everyone is reacting to. 2 TDs through 2 games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Once that gets cleaned up his TD numbers will go back up, which is what everyone is reacting to. 2 TDs through 2 games.

Not sure how it'll get better in the red zone for Russell, his entire red zone efficiency used to be predicated on off script scrambles, and he can't do that anymore even close to becoming efficient again.

So everyone who has McManus on their fantasy teams is going to do REAL well this year. Lots and lots of FG's for the Broncos offense.

balakoth

Reaction score

or 34 yards 3 for 13 through a half.....
Some of us are looking at other things too

toffee

Reaction score

The SMARTEST thing team Russ done the whole off season was signing of that long term contract with guaranteed money. The team can't fire his ass without paying him a boat load of money, the key thing now is to avoid injury, that is more important than anything else, high risk circle running are not on the menu anymore.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't care what Russ does after this season. We win the trade if we net a top 12 pick this season. That's four picks in the top 45 of the draft for a declining QB.

hoxrox

Reaction score

Don't know about all that. Geno outplaying Russ right now.

If only Russ had an offensive minded HC, he would flourish right?

Fade

Reaction score
Don't know about all that. Geno outplaying Russ right now.

If only Russ had an offensive minded HC, he would flourish right?
Aaron Rodgers was pedestrian the 1st year in that offense. Year 2 and 3 he returned to form after being Alex Smith the 5 seasons prior.

To the amateur eye Geno is outplaying Wilson. I don't put a lot of weight into Geno's performance against the ATL defense. If you want to make that mistake go right ahead. Once the season has played itself out, Wilson will have better numbers, and more importantly for him a lot more wins.

Pete Carroll is going to keep losing, and Russell Wilson is going to keep winning. That's what you should be concerned about. Keeping Pete isn't a W, but an L.