2022 Post: Mone, 2 years 12 mil extension '23 replies

toffee

Reaction score
Now we have two UDFA DTs on roster, thoughts?

Fade

Reaction score
Big, runstuffing, D-Lineman are hard to come by. The Seahawks had to pay him.

The pay the JAGs, ef the superstars mentality is going to be the death of Pete Carroll.

chrispy

Reaction score
To me, seems a little high but well worthwhile to set a tone: Undrafted journeyman competing and being rewarded. It seems like a good example for this rookie class and an important message... before DK.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Only 1.5m is guaranteed in this contract... That's hardly a risk for a 26 year old guy at a position without much depth. If he's good enough to still be on the team and playing in 2024 I doubt anyone will be complaining about a 6.4m cap hit... If he's not, they cut him and get almost all of that cap space back.

Overthecap Bryan Mone

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Only 1.5m is guaranteed in this contract... That's hardly a risk for a 26 year old guy at a position without much depth. If he's good enough to still be on the team and playing in 2024 I doubt anyone will be complaining about a 6.4m cap hit... If he's not, they cut him and get almost all of that cap space back.

Overthecap Bryan Mone
John Schneider's doing his job.

sutz

Reaction score
Good job. We're gonna need solid interior D-line play to keep the O-line off the LBs.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Now we have two UDFA DTs on roster, thoughts?
What would you like the Seahawks to do about the nose tackle position this season? Even with Carter and Dre’Mont Jones added, I feel like the DL rebuild is only 2/3 done.

nanomoz

Reaction score
What would you like the Seahawks to do about the nose tackle position this season? Even with Carter and Dre’Mont Jones added, I feel like the DL rebuild is only 2/3 done.
I think they need two base 5 techs and a nose. Byron Young and Mazi Smith would be cool. And signing A'Shawn Robinson. He's not sexy. Pure containment guy. But he'd make Taylor, Nwosu, and Mafe more effective.

Mick063

Reaction score
He is good when he can stay on the field. When teams resign oft-injured players it is more of an indication of how hard the player works to come back from injury than anything. Apparently, his attitude is right. They see something in this guy because DL has been a revolving door lately and it is revealing to find out who they have decided to keep around. Obviously, they thought that the likes of Collier or Jefferson were not delivering value consummate to their pay scale, yet apparently, they think Mone can. This is probably his last chance to stick though, and they will certainly bring competition via the draft. I think Mone is the best they can do for his position at this snapshot in time. Things can change.

These 300+ pound defensive guys need to be rotated because holding up to guard/center double teams is very taxing for four quarters. Further, it is just a different stamina measure for large defensive players because they are always in pursuit of typically faster players. If there is any place you really need quality depth, it is at DT. Just about every team regularly rotates these guys.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He is good when he can stay on the field. When teams resign oft-injured players it is more of an indication of how hard the player works to come back from injury than anything. Apparently, his attitude is right. They see something in this guy because DL has been a revolving door lately and it is revealing to find out who they have decided to keep around. Obviously, they thought that the likes of Collier or Jefferson were not delivering value consummate to their pay scale, yet apparently, they think Mone can. This is probably his last chance to stick though, and they will certainly bring competition via the draft. I think Mone is the best they can do for his position at this snapshot in time. Things can change.

These 300+ pound defensive guys need to be rotated because holding up to guard/center double teams is very taxing for four quarters. Further, it is just a different stamina measure for large defensive players because they are always in pursuit of typically faster players. If there is any place you really need quality depth, it is at DT. Just about every team regularly rotates these guys.
Would you draft Mazi Smith at#20? He is considered the best nose tackle in this draft. Or try to get someone in later rounds?

Smellyman

Reaction score

Mone wasn't hurt when they signed the extention. This was last year.

Last edited:

Mick063

Reaction score
Mone wasn't hurt when they signed the extention. This was last year.
Conversely, Rashad Penny wasn't injured at the time they decided not to pursue an extension as well. I never claimed Mone was hurt now. I claimed he was often injured. Reliable availability can still be considered an attribute whether Mone was injured at the extension signing or not.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is good, all of the sudden we have a nice mix of vets on the team, and then JS is going to murder the draft and take everyone's lunch money and then Geno is going to be better and our rb and cb etc, I never bet but might go place some bets on nfcc, etc.

Mick063

Reaction score
I would... especially if we go EDGE, or offense with #5.
Truth be told, my main preference would be Carter at #5 and then make a move (up or down) to the appropriate spot using the #20 pick as draft capital to get a shot at Bijan Robinson. Who knows? Maybe he will be slotted to go at #20 and they won't have to do anything.

I'm not so emotionally invested into it that I would throw a tantrum if it didn't happen.

I could easily go for Witherspoon or Wilson at #5 and Mazi Smith at 20. The only thing I absolutely do not want is a day one quarterback. I think that is the worst possible move they could make. Chew up two years of QB development on a project quarterback to only end up with three years' worth of viable service on a rookie deal, and then a Lamar Jackson situation when his contract expires. No Thanks.

If you are going to draft a QB in the top ten, he better start day one to maximize the value of his contract. Alternatively, every other position picked at #5 would be a starter on opening day. I don't see ANY QB's in this draft that I want to start on opening day. Not over my veteran that just came off of a Pro Bowl season. Further, I want a Burrow or Mahomes. Not a Lamar Jackson (MVP or not, Baltimore's cap is really going to suffer from repeatedly franchising this dude) or Justin Fields. Otherwise, spend third round picks on quarterbacks like they did on Wilson. Sometimes you can even parlay them into top 5 picks ;)

**Edited Lamar Smith to Lamar Jackson. Thanks HaroldSeattle for pointing it out to me.

Last edited:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Truth be told, my main preference would be Carter at #5 and then make a move (up or down) to the appropriate spot using the #20 pick as draft capital to get a shot at Bijan Robinson. Who knows? Maybe he will be slotted to go at #20 and they won't have to do anything.
I like it.

haroldseattle

Reaction score

I'm not so emotionally invested into it that I would throw a tantrum if it didn't happen.

I could easily go for Witherspoon or Wilson at #5 and Mazi Smith at 20. The only thing I absolutely do not want is a day one quarterback. I think that is the worst possible move they could make. Chew up two years of QB development on a project quarterback to only end up with three years' worth of viable service on a rookie deal, and then a Lamar Smith situation when his contract expires. No Thanks.

If you are going to draft a QB in the top ten, he better start day one to maximize the value of his contract. Alternatively, every other position picked at #5 would be a starter on opening day. I don't see ANY QB's in this draft that I want to start on opening day. Not over my veteran that just came off of a Pro Bowl season. Further, I want a Burrow or Mahomes. Not a Lamar Smith (MVP or not, Baltimore's cap is really going to suffer from repeatedly franchising this dude) or Justin Fields. Otherwise, spend third round picks on quarterbacks like they did on Wilson.
It's Lamar Jackson not Lamar Smith. As for the QBs, yeah they won't you instant gratification, but if you wait until you absolutely have to have a QB that is what gets you in a pickle.
Easy enough to know Geno is at the tail end of his career and you need a plan for the position going forward.

Mick063

Reaction score
It's Lamar Jackson not Lamar Smith. As for the QBs, yeah they won't you instant gratification, but if you wait until you absolutely have to have a QB that is what gets you in a pickle.
Easy enough to know Geno is at the tail end of his career and you need a plan for the position going forward.
Yeah..Smith. Shows how much I think about him. I don't forget Burrow or Mahomes or Lawrence for some reason.

They don't absolutely have to have a quarterback. What makes you think this?

Further, I will repeat what i wrote....again. A top ten QB needs to start on DAY ONE to maximize his value. You are just begging for Trey Lance/Jordan Love, the sequel.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yeah..Smith. Shows how much I think about him. I don't forget Burrow or Mahomes or Lawrence for some reason.

They don't absolutely have to have a quarterback. What makes you think this?

Further, I will repeat what i wrote....again. A top ten QB needs to start on DAY ONE to maximize his value. You are just begging for Trey Lance/Jordan Love, the sequel.

Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert etc didn’t start Day One. Hurts and Allen werent impressive until year 2.

I would love Richardson at 5 provided his s2 scores are in the 90th percentile.

Last edited: