1 with 1st O vs 2d D.
Drive ends: TD run, TD pass, FG, punt, TO on downs

Smith
11-20, passing.
4 drives, 3 with 1st O vs 2d D.
Ends: TD run, FG, punt, punt, punt

keasley45

Reaction score
Tariq Woolen has absolutely shocked so far. Could end up being one of the biggest steals of the entire draft.

I said it just after the draft. This guy will be our wildcard this year. Bryant will be a stud. Tre Brown just needs to come back from his injury.

Coleman, Burns, Jones...

And the CBs were supposed to be the big question mark...

This team is going to be dishing out massive servings of crow this year. For all of those who have been predicting 4 wins and saying they have no talent, the plates are in the cupboard to the right of the sink. Forks and knives in the drawer below. Dinner is being prepared.

Donkeys will be served as an appetizer.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Apparently, Lock did better in this game:

Lock
19-26 passing.
4 drives with 2nd O vs 1st D,
1 with 1st O vs 2d D.
Drive ends: TD run, TD pass, FG, punt, TO on downs

Smith
11-20, passing.
4 drives, 3 with 1st O vs 2d D.
Ends: TD run, FG, punt, punt, punt

Smith putting up the same numbers he did last season.

Scout

Reaction score
For some reason a lot of CBs with impressive measurables dropped in the 2022 draft. In any case the Seahawks could make it out like bandits with the 2022 draft. Especially if the tackles, boundary CBs and edge rushers pan out. Because that would be 3/3 of premium positions from a single draft.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I said it just after the draft. This guy will be our wildcard this year. Bryant will be a stud. Tre Brown just needs to come back from his injury.

Coleman, Burns, Jones...

And the CBs were supposed to be the big question mark...

This team is going to be dishing out massive servings of crow this year. For all of those who have been predicting 4 wins and saying they have no talent, the plates are in the cupboard to the right of the sink. Forks and knives in the drawer below. Dinner is being prepared.

Donkeys will be served as an appetizer.
Ideally, I would love Woolen, Bryant as our outside CBs, and Tre Brown as the slot, all young and inhouse. But then, I did dream of a star Tre Flowers, but as a certified homer, I shall keep on dreaming.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
For some reason a lot of CBs with impressive measurables dropped in the 2022 draft. In any case the Seahawks could make it out like bandits with the 2022 draft. Especially if the tackles, boundary CBs and edge rushers pan out. Because that would be 3/3 of premium positions from a single draft.
Yup, totally agreed! LT, RT, CB, and ED, now we are ready for the game manager :)

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
With so much passing with 3-4 receiver sets these days, it will be great if get solid play from 3-4 of them

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Our RBs didn't have a good day of running, Lock had better stat than Geno, KW3 caught bunch of passes.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just got back from the mock game. Turnout was decent. Maybe 10-15,000? Here's my general takeaway. Now mind you I am no X's and O's guy, and it wasn't easy to take each player's performance in, you are forced to "watch the ball" or whichever position group you are focusing on.

I see that Lock had the better overall day but neither QB wowed me. I saw what seemed like a lot of off target throws from both. Some nice plays as well but the drop off from Russ to these guys is extremely deep. Not really a surprise.

Walker looked great. Boy he has burst! These corners are as advertised! Very ball hawking, just impressed all around by the defense, especially the DBs. Man they look good.

I have a feeling Lock will beat out Geno for the job, and I believe that's what Pete and John want as well. I am going to reserve judgement on Lock until say, halfway through the season or so, but I do believe we will be drafting a potential franchise QB in the first round next Spring.

I really wish they would televise these mock games but I understand why they don't. All-in-all, nothing WOWED me outside of the corners, D in general is ahead of the O, just felt like a practice which basically is what it was. It will be difficult to really gauge what we have in these 2022 Seahawks until the bullets fly for real.

Mockgame2

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
@Aros how did our OL perform against the pass rush? Did we play mostly 3-4? Poona had a sack, he was a constantly giving OL a tough time?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the OL was decent. I don't recall a lot of "sacks" or pressures that disrupted their timing too much. I can't comment on the 3/4 to be honest as the corner play is what drew most my attention on defense.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I thought the OL was decent. I don't recall a lot of "sacks" or pressures that disrupted their timing too much. I can't comment on the 3/4 to be honest as the corner play is what drew most my attention on defense.
You eyes were on the right area, corners were a huge corner, and so happy to read that they are flashing promises. On the other hand, either OL was doing well, or our pass rushing still need work.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I see that Lock had the better overall day but neither QB wowed me. I saw what seemed like a lot of off target throws from both. Some nice plays as well but the drop off from Russ to these guys is extremely deep. Not really a surprise.

Walker looked great. Boy he has burst! These corners are as advertised! Very ball hawking, just impressed all around by the defense, especially the DBs. Man they look good.
I was there as well and concur on all fronts.
- QB play was uninspiring but OK
- Walker made a sequence of very nice catches out of the backfield including a great stretch to haul in an overthrown pass
- Woolen was the player of the day

For those who weren't there, OL/DL/RB play should be taken with a major grain of salt because it was minimal contact only. We're not trying to get anybody hurt out there when it's Hawks vs. Hawks.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I was there as well and concur on all fronts.
- QB play was uninspiring but OK
- Walker made a sequence of very nice catches out of the backfield including a great stretch to haul in an overthrown pass
- Woolen was the player of the day

For those who weren't there, OL/DL/RB play should be taken with a major grain of salt because it was minimal contact only. We're not trying to get anybody hurt out there when it's Hawks vs. Hawks.
Sherm was on the sideline and Woolen was the star of the day. Ain't it cool to be a Seahawk right now?