Mark Sanchez is the best commentator in the game at the moment

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Thought I'd give some credit where credit is due. He may have not been very good as a player, but dang is he a great commentator. He in my opinion is the best guy in the game right now. Sanchez is extremely even handed in his criticisms and remarks in every game I've seen. He doesn't glom onto one team like most guys do.

In addition to this, his commentary rarely has useless fluff. He goes deep into the processes of QB decision making and procedural stuff at the highest level in a way that anyone can approach it. He is extremely detail oriented and he notices the fine nuances of what is going on. For example, Geno missed Lockett I believe, it was way off and Sanchez caught on that Lockett cut his route a bit short. He showed where it was supposed to go and why Geno made that decision. He didn't leave it at "it was just a communication error". He seems to be a cut above just about every other commentator in his view on what is going on down on the field. Even some all time greats such as Aikman don't seem to catch everything, but he does.

I always want to turn off the commentators, but Sanchez is one guy that I hang onto every word. His personal Carroll anecdotes are always entertaining as well. I got to hand it to Sanchez, he is killing it. He also really impressed me on the Cowherd show, he has a very good grasp on situations around the league. I honestly get the vibe that Mark Sanchez might make a good coach some day if he chooses to go that route. I don't think he ever stopped being a student of the game.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Ah dirty Sanchez gotta love his recent takes on Geno especially mid play like the double move Lockett does to get open and Geno’s ability to excel and thrive in this system

Vesuve

Reaction score
Thought I'd give some credit where credit is due. He may have not been very good as a player, but dang is he a great commentator.
Completely agree.

He's really good. I rarely think of a commentator being great but I have with Sanchez.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He majored in Communications at USC. I think he must have been a good student because he’s doing a great job now.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I knew there was a reason my dumb ass wanted him with the 4th pick. Clearly it was foreshadowing of the broadcaster he was to become.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The ATN guys had him on their podcast for an interview. Pretty good what he had to say. He gave a little peak into what it's like in the booth. He was downplaying his compliments saying along with watching live he had a replay immediately and an all-22 look to help him. He said something like with that kind of help and his experience there's no reason he should not be able to break things down and explain it to people.
Biut not every ex-QB can do that. He's got a skill and injects some good humour into it too

olyfan63

Reaction score
Was Sanchez the announcer who called "double move" Tyler Lockett's TD from Geno?

James in PA

Reaction score
Yea, I like Mark Sanchez too. Plus, he seems to he a good luck charm for the Seahawks.

I do enjoy him more than the overrated "Oh boy! Here we go, Jim!"

toffee

Reaction score
Sanchez did play in conference championship game, didn't he? So he was almost a superbowl QB.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Mark's okay but I'd rather listen to Tont Romo because of his uncanny ability to predict the exact play the offense is about to run.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Thought I'd give some credit where credit is due. He may have not been very good as a player, but dang is he a great commentator. He in my opinion is the best guy in the game right now. Sanchez is extremely even handed in his criticisms and remarks in every game I've seen. He doesn't glom onto one team like most guys do.

In addition to this, his commentary rarely has useless fluff. He goes deep into the processes of QB decision making and procedural stuff at the highest level in a way that anyone can approach it. He is extremely detail oriented and he notices the fine nuances of what is going on. For example, Geno missed Lockett I believe, it was way off and Sanchez caught on that Lockett cut his route a bit short. He showed where it was supposed to go and why Geno made that decision. He didn't leave it at "it was just a communication error". He seems to be a cut above just about every other commentator in his view on what is going on down on the field. Even some all time greats such as Aikman don't seem to catch everything, but he does.

I always want to turn off the commentators, but Sanchez is one guy that I hang onto every word. His personal Carroll anecdotes are always entertaining as well. I got to hand it to Sanchez, he is killing it. He also really impressed me on the Cowherd show, he has a very good grasp on situations around the league. I honestly get the vibe that Mark Sanchez might make a good coach some day if he chooses to go that route. I don't think he ever stopped being a student of the game.
He is also adorable!