Malik Willis is THE Guy

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Care to bet a 6 pack of your favorite beer? Willis will be gone by 9.
I'm not a beer guy but we'll figure something out in that range. The only way he goes in the top 10 is if Atlanta reaches at 8 but I highly doubt it with the amount of talent on the board at other positions aside from quarterback

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's the next Tyrod Taylor.

Physically gifted, big arm, but LONG arm delivery and coming from a one read small college like Liberty? Even if he is good, it'll take his entire rookie contract to find out. Dude is going to get destroyed by NFL defenses.

But doesn't mean a team that can baby him along or have him learn behind a vet for a year or two shouldn't pull the trigger on Willis. Certainly has all the physical traits.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I really hope that Pete and John don't panic draft a qb like some fans want. Absolutely no need to draft one this year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
He's not going to be available at 9, period. Hopefully someone at 40 or 41 is available and worth taking a shot on. IF it's the guy they want.
I tend to agree with this. Teams seem to be thirsting for the next Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen. If the Panthers don't take him at #6, the Falcons will jump on him at #9, which is fine with me.

If for some reason Malik did drop to #9, there could be a market for trading down. The Saints, Steelers, even the Titans might be interested in moving up to get him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's nothing new. Not a great QB draft, x player starts getting a ton of hype, and gets picked way higher than many expected.

Rat

Reaction score
I think we'll take a QB this draft, and possibly earlier than a lot on here are expecting, but Willis just doesn't make sense to me. If our 70-year-old coach wants to sell us on this not being a rebuild, we probably need to go into the season with a QB group of better than Drew Lock and a small-school guy who is nowhere near ready to run an offense. At least Corral, Howell, Pickett, Ridder, etc could challenge for the starting job early.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I honestly could see them trading down at 9 and picking a QB up later in the 1st round. Why? Because Pete and John.

Rosco

Reaction score
I tend to agree with this. Teams seem to be thirsting for the next Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen. If the Panthers don't take him at #6, the Falcons will jump on him at #9, which is fine with me.

If for some reason Malik did drop to #9, there could be a market for trading down. The Saints, Steelers, even the Titans might be interested in moving up to get him.
Not sure what the hype about Willis is. Unless you plan on running a Ravens style offense, he’s going to be a 2-3 year project. The best thing that can happen is he falls into the second round. So there is no pressure to start right away. Willis barely played against any real teams in college and the legitimate teams he played, he played terribly.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
He might develop into a good QB one day, there's instances of guys that went to small schools and became NFL stars, but aside from the Tony Romos and Kurt Warners, the majority just don't make it. No shame in transferring from Auburn, sometimes a kid picks the wrong program -- but the fact that he ended up at a Liberty tells me he did not want to "compete" at even a lesser D1 program.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather have Baker over Malik and Honestly that's not
anything much better.
Malik's zone chart shows he cannot or will not use the middle.
I don't need anymore versions of Russ who suck more than him.