Lions or Hawks, which team will enjoy more success...

toffee

Reaction score
Lions and Hawks, two teams that have a few things in common:
  1. Overachieved in 2022,
  2. Both had a potent offense: Lions #4 26.6 points/game, Hawks #9 23.9 points/game
  3. Both defense sucked, defense: Lions #27 25.1 points/game, Hawks #24 23.6 points/game
  4. Both had a QB that was written off, but both made a comeback.
  5. Both teamd have multiple 1st and 2nd round picks.
  6. Hawks: 5-DEN, 20, 37-DEN, 52, 83, 123, 151-PIT, 154, 198, 237 ( 10 picks )
  7. Lions: 6-LA, 18, 48, 55-MIN, 81, 152, 159-JAX, 183-DEN, 194 ( 9 picks )
Which team will have a better 2023?

Last edited by a moderator:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Lions and the Hawks face similar (not the same) opponents next year.

I expect that both will finish somewhere between 10-7 and 7-10.

And I predict that one of the two will reach the Playoffs... but not both.

Mick063

Reaction score
The Lions have some offensive punch and are trying to overhaul a porous defense. Sounds like a carbon copy of Seattle.

I guess it boils down to the draft and injuries. Seattle has the advantage in the valuation of their picks.

I don't necessarily agree that the gulf between their divisions is big enough to make a large difference. The Cardinals are a wreck, and the Rams are dismantling. The Bears are on an upward trajectory and the Vikings have some latent talent and a veteran QB. Packers are a complete question mark. Could fall off a cliff. Seattle will play San Franciso tough. They always do even if the score doesn't always reflect it.

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
We pumped the Lions in the ass balls deep last year. Add to the fact they had some players suspended for gambling and it makes sense that Seattle will again make the playoffs with better seeding this year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Who cares about the LieDowns?
There’s a reason I didn’t jump the bandwagon when my family moved from Washington to Michigan in 1984.
I can’t help but have to watch them and hear about them every season.
I loved Barry but they couldn’t even win a championship with arguably the GOAT. I’m so glad I stayed with my Hawks.

The LieDowns are cursed. We call it the Ford Curse. 😂

Last edited:

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
We pumped the Lions in the ass balls deep last year. Add to the fact they had some players suspended for gambling and it makes sense that Seattle will again make the playoffs with better seeding this year.

A 3 point victory? We BARELY beat them in a shootout, at which neither defense seemed to show up....

Meaningless when it comes to next year, but you should know that...

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Both will make the playoffs. Calling it here. I expect my crow to be cooked over easy if that doesn't happen.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
The teams have some similarities, potent offense poor defense, and lots of draft capital. Who will do better? Ask after the draft, because how they do in the draft will likely be the deciding factor.

chrispy

Reaction score
I expect the suspensions, especially at this point in the off-season, will have a big impact. It'll change their draft strategy and they've missed out on a large portion of free agency to cover the holes. Lions are a good team, but they should stockpile a few draft picks for next year, take some projects and gambles and aim for their deep playoff run in the 24 season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Over achieved ? Not really, Lions and us just didn't have the same hype and had went thru changes, Lions have been knocking on the door of getting out of the Basement for a few years, they changed mentality and actually looked functional. Seahawks, we should know by now that what is on the surface and in the press rarely is correct. I thought Geno played well in relief the year before and was not as concerned as many here. Was more surprised and disappointed in how the defense performed.

Scout

Reaction score
The Lions will have a tougher division IMO. I do not see the Bears or Packers being worse than the Cardinals and Rams. I mean the Rams possibly could make a comeback but the Bears and Packers will have respective draft bounties to really shore up their respective rosters starting about a week and half from now. The Rams will not have enough draft capital to rejuvenate their roster while the Cardinals may be able to trade down to restock their own roster.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
As a Bears fan, I am sorry to say I expect the Lions to win the North, even with their 4 players sanctioned last week for gambling.
Seahawks are more likely to get to playoffs as wildcard than divisional champ….just being honest about both my teams.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Dudes! We're winning a *minimum* of 12 games this year. Taking the NFCW. Book it. We had so many games last year that were lost by the D while our O was cooking with fire. We're re-doing the D, for a return to dominance. Meanwhile, our main foes the forty-whiners are hoping to get Mr Irrelevant back from shoulda-been Tommy John surgery, and expect him to perform after the rest of the league looks at his tapes from last year. No damn way, we're re-taking the NFCW and re-taking our rightful spot atop thereof! Go Hawks!

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Whichever one drafts Jalen Carter will have the better season. Sorry, guy's a beast and I fully expect him to have a chip on his shoulder after all this negative press. He's going to be a game wrecker for someone.