Kraken 2021-2022 Season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3akqsh1u said:
Seems pretty clear that Driedger is our best tender. My only gripe with him is he's pretty careless when he comes out of the net to retrieve a puck. Almost bit him against the Sharks a couple of times.
Yep. Not a fan of Gru’s play of late.

Good win last night.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":34qfdytm said:
Seems pretty clear that Driedger is our best tender. My only gripe with him is he's pretty careless when he comes out of the net to retrieve a puck. Almost bit him against the Sharks a couple of times.

Was going to post something similar the other day, but it had been a while since he had played and the stats didn't support it. By eye test Driedger certainly does look like the best goal tender.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3gfu17fs said:
XxXdragonXxX":3gfu17fs said:

Was going to post something similar the other day, but it had been a while since he had played and the stats didn't support it. By eye test Driedger certainly does look like the best goal tender.
Gru is starting tonight though. Grrrrr…. Unless Driedger hurt himself last night, this is dumb.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Anyone else notice when Yanni Gourde gets in a fight and is hitting and getting hit, he has the biggest shit eating grin on his face like he’s really enjoying it. That’s a hockey player.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":y3jk5tyc said:
Anyone here play goalie?
The 2 the Kraken have succcckkkkkkkkkk!

I am starting to think the problem is Hakstol has Pete Carroll Syndrome. He finds things that work and then reverts to shitty play because he wants the team to play in his system.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JustTheTip":35ovvny7 said:
Sports Hernia":35ovvny7 said:
Anyone here play goalie?
The 2 the Kraken have succcckkkkkkkkkk!

I am starting to think the problem is Hakstol has Pete Carroll Syndrome. He finds things that work and then reverts to shitty play because he wants the team to play in his system.
Could be. I’m a newbie to the NHL, but those huge contacts they gave to both the goalies isnt looking like a smart investment to me. Maybe it’s fixible, but both guys just seem to be turnstiles at the net.

I think they need to start the 3rd guy Daccord for 4 or 5 starts in a row and see if he’s the possible solution?

I’m not saying the defense isnt an issue either, because the have had their issues and they are not helping their goalies at times either but the goalies need to step up at some point.

sutz

Reaction score
Feelgood hockey story, peripherally related to the Kraken (it happened at the opening home game).

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1477336601835487236[/tweet]

And the followup:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1477365020942114823[/tweet]

Thought this was a cool story to start 2022 with. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":2c8dtkxb said:
Feelgood hockey story, peripherally related to the Kraken (it happened at the opening home game).

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1477336601835487236[/tweet]

And the followup:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1477365020942114823[/tweet]

Thought this was a cool story to start 2022 with. :2thumbs:
Just read that, way cool story. :2thumbs:

Msfann

Reaction score
They did a thing about the Kraken on q13 and Levine asked if the honeymoon with the Kraken is over. My answer is It's going to take a hell of a lot more than a slow start to wipe the polish off of this gem, who cares if they didn't start out like Vegas. They will be fine.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Msfann":4uxvkrsz said:
They did a thing about the Kraken on q13 and Levine asked if the honeymoon with the Kraken is over. My answer is It's going to take a hell of a lot more than a slow start to wipe the polish off of this gem, who cares if they didn't start out like Vegas. They will be fine.
They won’t start winning games unless Gru and the defense whom have been beyond horrible step it up bigtime. Gru is one one the worst goalies in the NHL, and CD isn’t much better but hasn’t had a chance to play much.
They overspent on 2 huge and long goalie contracts on underachieving goalies, and that’s going to bite them in the ass.

Do I think the bloom is off the Kraken Rose? No.

Bad NHL hockey still beats NO NHL hockey any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

OP
OP
Threedee

Threedee

Reaction score
Ah, damn. I had to step away when the Kraken were up 1-0 over STL with 5 minutes left in the 2nd. Thought they had a chance there.

Msfann

Reaction score
Overtime shootout win for the Kraken! That was pretty cool.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Msfann":1ceutovx said:
Overtime shootout win for the Kraken! That was pretty cool.
Great game. MAF the Chicago goalie was outstanding until the shootout.
I thought once it came down to a shootout we’d lose, as they had a huge goalie advantage.

Great win!

Chapow

Reaction score
Msfann":19gt4jxe said:

I don't know, but I think it's a fair question. Sure seems to be a helluva lot less hype surrounding the Kraken then there was a few months ago. It's almost like they're an afterthought at this point. I barely ever hear anything about them other than a super quick passing mention about whether they won or lost and/or what their current losing streak is up to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chapow":3ojp1klh said:
Msfann":3ojp1klh said:

I don't know, but I think it's a fair question. Sure seems to be a helluva lot less hype surrounding the Kraken then there was a few months ago. It's almost like they're an afterthought at this point. I barely ever hear anything about them other than a super quick passing mention about whether they won or lost and/or what their current losing streak is up to.
Sports radio in this town has done a real poor job covering and talking about them. Their home station outside of Ian Furness rarely talks about them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Back to back and wins. I think they call that a winning streak. 8)
This was the Gru I was expecting. More please.
:2thumbs:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1dc1184t said:

Defense still needs a little work.

So does their power play. One of their power plays last night it looked like the Sharks were the ones up a man.

They are hitting harder and more often again. That I liked to see.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1bpwb0r7 said:
Sports Hernia":1bpwb0r7 said:

Defense still needs a little work.

So does their power play. One of their power plays last night it looked like the Sharks were the ones up a man.

They are hitting harder and more often again. That I liked to see.
Yep, defense and goal tending have been their weak spots IMHO.
Also correct on the Power Play last night. Their offensive spacing at times doesn’t always look good when you compare it to their opponents it seems like as well.