Kenobi

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
By the way, has there ever been worse casting in any Star Wars property (and no, I'm not forgetting Hayden Christensen in Attack of the Clones) than that Pakistani guy who played the annoying Indian-American guy on Silicon Valley? He was so good in Silicon Valley and so, so, SO bad in Obi-wan Kenobi.
Kumail Nanjiani? I thought he was a good choice for a conman, they just went to the well one too many times with the I’m trying to be a better person speech as opposed to just demonstrating it.

If I hadn‘t forced myself to watch Eternals I wouldn’t have noticed, but…his demeanor was a little too close to Bollywood Kingo. Two for one and all, but show some range, man.

Last edited:

Zebulon Dak

Reaction score
That's not how she would address him if she had met him and bonded with him when she was a child.

Yeah, I've talked to more than one person who's said that. I think it depends. Leia's a diplomat, and she's highly trained in communicating a certain way. Also, she's sending a plea for help on behalf of her father and the Rebel Alliance at their most desperate hour to a dude she knew briefly when she was 10. I really don't think she'd be all "Ayyy bro, long time, how's things?" I also don't think she'd say "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." if she didn't have some level of familiarity with him. Especially when you consider the

I think this is where the whole head canon thing comes in. Because when Luke tells her "I'm here with Ben Kenobi" and she goes "Ben Kenobi?! Where is he?!" to me that says that she knows him in at least some capacity. I've always thought that, even when I was a kid I thought that. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

By the way, has there ever been worse casting in any Star Wars property (and no, I'm not forgetting Hayden Christensen in Attack of the Clones) than that Pakistani guy who played the annoying Indian-American guy on Silicon Valley? He was so good in Silicon Valley and so, so, SO bad in Obi-wan Kenobi.

Kumail took me out of it at first but by the end I was ok with him. Didn't make or break anything for me.

I know I'm in a pretty small minority with this one, but Hayden was far from one of the worst things about the prequels to me. I mean, I don't think he was particularly good, but I always though he at least had some moments where his charm and personality came out, when most of the other actors had very few of those moments.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I know I'm in a pretty small minority with this one, but Hayden was far from one of the worst things about the prequels to me. I mean, I don't think he was particularly good, but I always though he at least had some moments where his charm and personality came out, when most of the other actors had very few of those moments.

I was careful to refer specifically to Hayden Christensen in Attack of the Clones. He had some OK moments in Revenge of the Sith. He had some cringeworthy ones too, but not 100% like in Attack of the Clones, and not as bad.

As awful as the writing of the line about sand is, Christensen's performance of it manages to make it even worse.
"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."

That's Phantom Menace-level bad, on the same level as (and possibly even worse than) the lines about the chlamydians. Side note: since Lucas reduced the Force from magic to a mere blood condition in The Phantom Menace, could a simple dose of penicillin have prevented the whole Darth Vader situation and with it, the Galactic Empire?