Kam Chancellor (S) - Nominee

balakoth

Reaction score

2023 Hall of Fame​

Congrats for at least the first step! Does he make it in eventually? Worried the amount of seasons he played and limited pro bowl count compared will hurt his chances?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Or blowing up the right tackle, or the hit on Thomas in the Super Bowl to plant the seed of “not in my house”. Pure stud!

PNW

Reaction score
He definitely deserves it in my opinion, his impact on the game in his short time is hall of fame worthy, guys have made the HOF that played less than Kambam.

Rat

Reaction score
Amazing player; became a new prototype for his position, but HOF is not happening. Earl and Sherm will make it easily though, so at least there will be some LOB representation in Canton someday.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He's iffy to make it because his career ended prematurely, unfortunately. If he'd been able to play at that same level for a few more years, I think he'd be a shoo-in.

I'm wondering if Earl's issues in the last few years have any negative impact on whether or not he gets in.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Or blowing up the right tackle, or the hit on Thomas in the Super Bowl to plant the seed of “not in my house”. Pure stud!
It's not as bombastic as the Davis hit but that play you mention where he stopped the pulling OL in his tracks and tackled the runner for a loss is probably more impressive.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think people (including the voters for the HOF) get too wrapped up on stats with some of these guys. I get that we want to be able to quantify these guys by some stat that shows people that didn't see them how good or impactful they were to the game but sometimes you just can't. Kam was the unquestioned leader of one of the greatest defenses in history. He was the alpha of alphas, and his play on the field enabled a lot of other guys to do what they did. He should be a HOFer when you look at the qualitative as well as the quantitative... I'd say first ballot too, but I'm very biased :)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He and Browner were the drivers for the LOB. They defined what it would be. KAM was the leader of the whole thing.

He won't get in. But anyone in football knows how important he was to one of the greatest secondaries in NFL history.

Don't believe me?

Look at how that secondary performed while he was holding out.

He was the linchpin of the LOB. Should be in the HOF just for that.
He won't make it because of longevity...but he should.

JGreen79

Reaction score
He and Browner were the drivers for the LOB. They defined what it would be. KAM was the leader of the whole thing.

He won't get in. But anyone in football knows how important he was to one of the greatest secondaries in NFL history.

Don't believe me?

Look at how that secondary performed while he was holding out.

He was the linchpin of the LOB. Should be in the HOF just for that.
He won't make it because of longevity...but he should.
He actually played longer than Easley, a lot less accolades However. Similar impact to the defense though.

He deserves HOF, and I think he will. it will just take a while though?

Rat

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Earl's issues in the last few years have any negative impact on whether or not he gets in.
I doubt it. He's in pretty easily, but his late issues could prevent him from getting in as early as he would have otherwise.

7x Pro Bowler
3x First-Team All-Pro
2x Second-Team All-Pro
All Decade Team
Key Player on an all-time great defense

No way he's not getting in.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I believe that he deserves the honor and will be voted in. The Seahawks and the "Legion of Boom" put Seattle on the map during the time they were playing. They destroyed Denver and Payton Manning in the Superbowl and really dominated other teams during those years...until #3 and Pete's compliance caused that all to fall apart.

The "NFL Hall of Fame" needs to and will recognize the achievements of the Seahawks during that era...Hopefully Marshawn will be next!

toffee

Reaction score
Every time our current players missed a tackle, the image and name of Kam instantly popped into my mind.

Go Kam.

Rat

Reaction score
I believe that he deserves the honor and will be voted in. The Seahawks and the "Legion of Boom" put Seattle on the map during the time they were playing. They destroyed Denver and Payton Manning in the Superbowl and really dominated other teams during those years...until #3 and Pete's compliance caused that all to fall apart.

The "NFL Hall of Fame" needs to and will recognize the achievements of the Seahawks during that era...Hopefully Marshawn will be next!
There will be plenty of LOB representation between Sherm, Earl, and Wagner. Love Kam, but based on how voting has gone in the past, he has next to no chance. Maybe down the line from the senior committee. Would have helped a lot had he been named SB MVP like he should have been.

BigMeach

Reaction score
There are quite a few players that have less than 8 years in the league that made the HoF. Kam played 8 so I wouldn't rule him out based on time. I do hope he makes it as I feel he is one of the best strong safeties to ever play.

Reactions: PNW

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think people (including the voters for the HOF) get too wrapped up on stats with some of these guys. I get that we want to be able to quantify these guys by some stat that shows people that didn't see them how good or impactful they were to the game but sometimes you just can't. Kam was the unquestioned leader of one of the greatest defenses in history. He was the alpha of alphas, and his play on the field enabled a lot of other guys to do what they did. He should be a HOFer when you look at the qualitative as well as the quantitative... I'd say first ballot too, but I'm very biased :)
THIS.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This is true but it doesn't always play out that way. I think there's a good chance of a first ballot success, especially considering of all the people from that era had negative behavioral issues, real or imagined. Sherm, ETIII and Lynch gave reasons for people to try to justify not rewarding them but Kam was always squeaky clean as far as I know and has remained a positive force for the team and community since his untimely retirement. Damn I miss that guy out on the field and while I appreciate Dallas' honoring of his bam bam, part of me thinks that jersey should've been retired already.