Just Pay DK: what's your price tag?

W

Welshers

We need to pay DK. Guy wants to be here and we didn't trade him in the 1st round. It'll probably be after the draft but let's pay him. The only question is what's the price? The market has gotten insane this off-season for wideouts. If we can get 20m a year I'd take that in an instant but now that AJ Green got 100m he might be asking for more. I'd be OK with giving him 25 and being secure with having him locked down. I'm pretty much for a blank check. And I don't care who the QB is. He played great when Geno last year. We will still need to score points folks.

What do you guys think we should pay him? Is there a limit to how high we go?

sdog1981

Reaction score
The NFL is starting to shift. Teams play with 4 wide all the way down to the high school level. WRs are like DBs in the sense that you need 3 of them to be really effective.

Also, the last few seasons have shown that a team can ALWAYS trade for a WR or DB. Don't break the bank for DK.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
After last night, we need to just pay the man. Now.

sutz

Reaction score
Well said. Would you be OK with 25 a yr?
I think we may have to, but there are ways to structure the deal that are a bit more team friendly than the raw numbers appear. He's probably gonna want what AJ got from Washington. Right now we have it.

Do it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Better pay him. DK is literally the big bodied receiver I've wanted us to draft since. . .fk, forever? To watch him leave town would be annoying to say the least.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I'd be stoked with a 4 year, $100 mil deal to keep him. But I think $120 will be his ultimate bottom line. In a different system, on a different team...with just huge upside, I think he's probably worth that $30 mil per.
But in Seattle? Pete wants to run and when not running, there's only so many balls to go around. Lockett, Eskridge, Swain, Fant, Will, Parkinson and the RBs too.

I hate not seeing DK's name on the above list but at $30 mil per? That money could really help shore up the D and we'd still have a barrage of weapons.

Yeah, I'm torn. I suppose I'll be happy either way. It's a helluva nice problem to have.

94Smith

Reaction score
It will be around 100 million over 4 years with 30 million guaranteed if they want him

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Match AJ's contract and try to stay as close as possible. Not too much more.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
The NFL is starting to shift. Teams play with 4 wide all the way down to the high school level. WRs are like DBs in the sense that you need 3 of them to be really effective.

Also, the last few seasons have shown that a team can ALWAYS trade for a WR or DB. Don't break the bank for DK.

Dude, DK is a 6'4" 235 lbs athletic freak receiver who is one of the fastest at his position. The only other guy with his profile I can think of is Claypool for the Steelers, maybe Mike Williams. You CANNOT always trade for these types of receivers because they don't exist.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Dude, DK is a 6'4" 235 lbs athletic freak receiver who is one of the fastest at his position. The only other guy with his profile I can think of is Claypool for the Steelers, maybe Mike Williams. You CANNOT always trade for these types of receivers because they don't exist.
He has a catch rate of 58% and should not hobble the team with a massive contact. If this season he can get to the elite level of 70% catch rate then let's think about it.

Spohawks

Reaction score
It boils down to what would the most desperate team pay for him? You can throw out the dropped passes and attitude, that next team won't care, because they have their own issues.

Its a 30 Million a year deal all day...by the time that contract is signed.