If the Seahawks had traded for Watson...

In an alternate universe, where the Seahawks aquired Deshaun Watson, would you still cheer for them?

• Yes

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
W

Welshers

I wouldn't want Watson either, but the guy who kneeled, didn't kneel on a song, he kneeled on America.
...what? He kneeled on America? How? He took a knee during the national anthem. So what. I never understood what the big deal was. All snowflake conservatives did by freaking out was give his cause attention. If everyone just ignored it it wouldn't have worked. But he knew it would drive you guys insane that someone might peacefully protest something

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Right, if you want to be heard and assert your power over a situation you have to kneel on the voice - Derek Chauvin

olyfan63

Reaction score
I still want to know more before I pass judgment on Watson.

There are 2 possibilities:

1 - Watson enjoys the power and humiliation by 'converting' (by force, persuasion, intimidation, or bribery) service providers into sex workers. If this is the case, at least 2 of those efforts are a type of rape. Rapists, child molesters, or child abusers are all on my WON'T CHEER FOR and CANNOT SUPPORT list.
If the evidence lines up with that, then he should be tried and jailed. But at a minimum be sued and lose his NFL position.

2 - Watson was purposely seeing sex workers in order to avoid some of the dangers that athletes face just picking up random women. He is basically college age, when I was in college I was easily sleeping with 4, sometimes 6 women in a week. 66 in a year isn't that much at that age, honestly. At that age you drink too much and sleep with too many people - you learn later it is kind of dumb.

If he was just messaging 'erotic massage providers' or 'tantric providers' then he wasn't trying to victimize anyone, another maybe a few were misinterpreted. But erotic massage providers sleep with their clients. At least that is the expectation. If the Grand Jury looked at how they were advertising themselves and declined to indict because sexual services were a reasonable expectation based on how they presented their services?
Then I don't care.

(My roommate after college did this for work. I know EXACTLY how that industry works even though I would be too concerned about STDs to do this.)

We have no way of knowing which of the 2 is the circumstance without knowing if those providers were providing those services to other clients or presenting themselves in ways that this was a reasonable expectation.

If that is the case then 66 in a year isn't a big shock. 66 in 6 months might not even be. It isn't ideal or even smart, but it wouldn't be predatory.

I've experienced the reverse, where I went to a massage and the woman tried to provide a lot more than a massage. That was a normal really nice upscale spa too, not some 'erotic massage' provider or some weird place on the side of Hwy 99. So it isn't crazy.
You missed the 3rd major possibility, essentially a hybrid of the first two.

3 - Watson is horny AF, and contacted every legitimate service provider and/or sex worker he thought was hot. The net he cast came up with plenty of tuna (sex workers), but with some dolphins (legitimate massage service providers) mixed in.

It sounds like Watson unselectively attempted to force himself onto all of them, including the service providers, encountering varying degrees of resistance and/or willing participation. Where he continued despite resistance, well, the legal term would be rape.

If Pete is still in the "Force our will on opponents" approach to offense, then "force my will" Watson could be the perfect QB for Carroll's mindset.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Watson either, but the guy who kneeled, didn't kneel on a song, he kneeled on America.
Nah, it was a song. Truly. The anthem is not the country. It's just a display at a sporting event. The song hasn't even been the "anthem" for 100 years. Not sure why it has to be so sacred to everyone. It's a friggin' poem about a battle in the War of 1812.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Right, if you want to be heard and assert your power over a situation you have to kneel on the voice - Derek Chauvin

What are you saying to me?
Sorry, looks like I clicked reply on the wrong post, it was Pandion who mentioned Chauvin, for no apparent reason.

However, I do stand by the earlier part about Watson being the perfect QB for Carroll's system, because Carroll's philosophy on offense has always been "we will force our will upon our opponents, really stick it to them." Evidence is revealing Watson's offenses are all about "force my will upon my massage therapists, really stick it in them" So Carroll and Watson share the same philosophy on offense. Doesn't this sound like a match made in heaven?

Last edited:

Rainger

Reaction score
It is all about the Team and the brand. Players come and go and I dont judge others morals or lack there of. But I would not have been happy but because of his play style not because he got some happy endings. 😊

toffee

Reaction score
If we did, the whole dot net would be shouting:

FIRE PETE, FIRE JOHN, FIRE PETE, FIRE JOHN

Wilson homers will have orgasms after shouted for 5 minutes, then they repeat.