Fired , resign , or something else

xray

Reaction score
I doubt that Carroll will be fired from the Hawks organization entirely . I hope that Carroll & ownership agree to him stepping aside and hiring a new HC . He could be assigned another management position like CO-GM etc, anything . He could still have input with team operations , keep his contract and save face . It would better if it appeared to be his idea even if it wasn't . No hands on coaching . play calling , nothing . Could he live with that ? I could.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ievfivg2 said:
I like Turtles
You mean like running over them when they're in the road?
Here in WA they took out the turtles used for road lane dividers years ago, so you're outta luck, pal.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I would opt for "something else".

What that something else is would require a lot of humility on Pete's part. But, similar to how Holmgren was at his best after relinquishing his front office role, Pete might be better served relinquishing the Executive Vice President title. It is hubris for him to think he knows more about personnel then men who have done it for a living; a career personnel man like Schneider should not have to defer to Pete on player acquisition.

Pete should become more like Saban - set the standard, culture, attitude and belief (things that Pete is great at). Hire great assistants and let them do their job. Be humble, and defer the defense to someone like Fangio, Zimmer, Flores or Phillips. Appease Russ with a proven quality OC of Russ's approval and let them handle the offense without you.

Fire all signs of nepotism.

Hire Doug and Kam as special consultants if they're interested. You want people in the building who bleed the colours, as most coaches and personnel people are mercenaries who don't necessarily care what team they are working for and what city it is.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
He goes or groundhog day . Chew slowly . :D