Fann: Shelby Harris has been a sensational addition for Hawks D

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lock, as a young quarterback who could compete for the 2022 starting job against Geno Smith, garnered the most attention. Fant was up next as a former first-round pick who is still just 24 years old.

Harris was sort of an afterthought. And that’s no disrespect to what Harris had accomplished during his first seven NFL seasons. He’d been a steady interior defensive lineman for years who excelled against the run and tallied 22.5 career sacks as a pass rusher for good measure.

But with most people (everyone?) expecting Seattle to enter a potential multi-year rebuild, a 31-year-old defensive tackle hardly figured to be a building block for the future.

Now with the Seahawks at 5-3 and in first place of the NFC West as one of the league’s top surprise contenders, there’s no debating that Harris has been the most impactful player of the three acquired in the blockbuster trade with Denver.

Rainger

Reaction score
But with most people (everyone?) expecting Seattle to enter a potential multi-year rebuild,
I like the overall context of your post. But do you really believe the Hawks are in a multi year rebuild.

All teams are "rebuilding" constantly. I don't believe they are in a rebuild just because they got rid of QB that didn't fit the system and went with some new rookies they believe are better than unhungary veterans.

I agree Harris is a great addition. I love the management (Pete) finally realised they needed to revamp the team.

Some want to call this a rebuild but my concept of a rebuild is a few years of being a shit team as you finally bring in players over a few years in FA and drafts.

I don't believe that this is this team. It is already rebuilt and now just needs a couple of additions to keep it in the playoffs for the next 5 or more years.

themunn

Reaction score
A far cry from week 2 where fans took Diggs comments at players 'taking time off' to refer to Harris being given the week off for family reasons...

StoneCold

Reaction score
Possibly the most critical defensive play of the game. Loved it!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It looks like Harris talking in the beginning of this clip, which is electrifying. The Hawks are setting the tone again, guys...

Latest posts