Duane Brown Arrested at LAX

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Amazingly stupid.

Not something I would expect from 14-year veteran player who is well-spoken and that's almost 37 y/o.

What was he thinking?... or better, was he thinking?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I doubt he actually intended to do it. It is possible that he was in a hurry while packing, and something that he normally would have caught slipped his attention. I can't imagine that he made it as far as "terminal 6 security screening" while being cognizant of the fact he had a gun in his carryon. Any non-stupid person, realizing he had a gun in his bag, would not have continued to stand in line for airport security and then put his bag on the x-ray conveyor.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Happens all the time.

People throw their firearm in a bag to transport it in their car or whatever then forget to unpack it when they get back home. When it's time to go somewhere, they grab the same bag, throw a few things and some toiletries in it, zip it up, and head out.

If you own firearms, always best to designate a case or piece of luggage to exclusively use for its transport and, without exception, never use that bag for air travel. Ever, even after verifying it empty.

I'm not making excuses for DB, it was a very careless (and stupid) error, but it's not like he has 24 sexual misconduct allegations pending.

He won't make the same mistake again I'm sure.

Rat

Reaction score
People throw their firearm in a bag to transport it in their car or whatever then forget to unpack it when they get back home. When it's time to go somewhere, they grab the same bag, throw a few things and some toiletries in it, zip it up, and head out.

If you own firearms, always best to designate a case or piece of luggage to exclusively use for its transport and, without exception, never use that bag for air travel. Ever, even after verifying it empty.
Zurlon Tipton is Case Study A for that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Happens all the time.

I'm not making excuses for DB, it was a very careless (and stupid) error, but it's not like he has 24 sexual misconduct allegations pending.

He won't make the same mistake again I'm sure.
That’s great advice. Thank you.

OP
OP
T

Tusc2000

Reaction score

samwize77

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you know where your firearms are? Completely irresponsible in his part!
^^^^^this right here^^^^^ There is absolutely no excuse...none whatsoever.........I am a 2A supporter....and for someone to do this is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. This is the kind of action that needs strict STRICT laws against. YOU ALWAYS ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOUR GUNS ARE!!!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Amazing but true. Last year (when fewer people were flying) the TSA seized over 5,000 firearms at airport checkpoints, up from 976 in 2009. But are people now really that much more forgetful than they used to be?

Just a reflection of how many more people are now carrying on a daily basis.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Just a reflection of how many more people are now carrying on a daily basis.

I was working at a veterinary clinic and one of the receptionists pointed out a client in the lobby with a concealed weapon under her jacket. I think even more people carry now (but just my opinion, no facts).

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
There are procedures to follow if you want to put a firearm in your check baggage, so it isn't outside the realm of possibility. Definitely should NOT be in a carry-on and needs to go through an extra step in security before inserting in your checked bag. Agree with those who that commented he should be always aware of where his firearms are at all times. Indicative of someone who perhaps doesn't carry that often.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Guns should be in a locked safe when not in use, not lying around in a duffle bag. Good grief. In today's climate, this should be the bare minimum.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Guns should be in a locked safe when not in use, not lying around in a duffle bag. Good grief. In today's climate, this should be the bare minimum.

Carrying a firearm in a bag that goes places with you is "in use."

Good grief, is right!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Just where I want my gun should I ever need to use it.

Not defending Brown but this is, and always has been an absolutely silly premise.

In terms of guns for self/personal defense “in use” can not be defined as “when not shooting”.

This DB scenario should be a reminder to all that carry or transport firearms, be aware of your surroundings.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Reasonable. At any given time, roughly half of my guns aren't in use, and thus are locked away in one of my safes. I call them my safe queens.

And yeah, duffel bags are pretty awful for off-body carry. Messenger bags are definitely a better way to go.

Latest posts